WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Sinn 656S Black and Bracelet.

6K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  pablo303 
#1 ·
I love this watch. It is one that i don't think I need to try on. My question for you watch junkies is about the black plating and its durability? How does it hold up. Anyone have problems? Does sweat on the band cause scaling over time? Scratches showing the silver underneath? How thick is the plating of the black coat? Just researching my purchase WAAAYYY in advance.

#2 ·
My understanding is that the finish on the 656 is not as durable as the 856. The only photo I've found of a 656sBracelet that shows wear is from a British site.

...and now the image is off the site. Luckily I saved a copy.... Personally, I think it looks fantastic worn this hard. This watch looks like a tool.

#5 ·
that's a great picture, thank you a million for posting that. in fact that's exactly that type of picture i was looking for when first contemplating buying a 656s.

i also like the way that wear looks. but no doubt its resell has been shot through the window. i ended up selling my 656s for no good reason, and it had none of the wear through to the silver that this one does, but it did have a few spots that were becoming 'smooth', like in the picture. i might pontificate on sinn's obvious misstep (tongue in cheek there) for not tegimenting this watch, but given the already optimistic u.s. price of the 656s, maybe the wabi-sabi trade-off isn't so bad.

#7 ·
That picture has made me feel a lot better about what my 756 might look like one day -- kind of aging with grace. Anyone have an idea as to the durability differences between the 656 pictured and the 756?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.