WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Relatively "cheap" watch - Repair Possible? Worth it?

7K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  dkatunc 
#1 ·
First off, I apologize if this isn't the appropriate forum for this particular question. I'm new, and this seemed closest to the forum to ask this in.

I have a Callaway Golf watch that I purchased pretty cheap ($70-80) at a TJ Maxx for just a daily/low-key wear. It's the CY2123 automatic watch.

http://www.callawaygolfwatches.com/pdp.php?product=CY2123&category=mens_collection_series

I didn't have it long before something went wrong. It just stopped keeping time, would go in fits and starts even with winding/wear.

Fortunately, it was under warranty so I sent it in to be repaired. Not surprisingly they (owned by Fossil) didn't have any interest in actually repairing it and instead gave me a voucher for a new watch of equal value (their msrp of $275 + an allowance to go over a bit, which is a sweet deal given what I paid for it) from any of their brands. So the good news is that I've already ordered a new Zodiac watch that should be coming soon.

However, I was thinking that there's no reason not to look into getting the Callaway repaired too (two for the price of one!). So, was hoping someone could let me know if it's even possible to get this repaired at a local watch repair, and if so, how much $ we'd be talking about (i.e. is it worth the effort/money)?

Thanks!

See less See more
#2 ·
Hey man, looks like you got a really good deal. I own few watches and from time to time they all need either a battery, tune up, or quick polish. Unfortunately, it seems all the watch repair centers around me either mail out my watch to someone else or can't get the parts to fix the watch. I have used mail in watch repair companys in the past to fix watches that have had the same problem as yours. Depending on the what is actually wrong with the watch it could cost pry between $30-50. Some of the websites I have used are www.Repairurwatch.com and www.qualitywatchrepair.com.

#5 ·
Thanks. Sounds like this one will just be sitting around for looks.

I am looking forward to the Zodiac, not something I would normally get, so I'm pretty excited.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.