WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Thoughts on the Montblanc Summit Smartwatch

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Jamesy87 
#1 ·
Montblanc recently announced their smartwatch, dubbed the 'Summit' I'm wondering what everyone's thoughts are on it? Seems to be the second Swiss brand to head into the smartwatch market, after Tag with the Connected.

#2 ·
This thread will just be full of people with strong opinions on smart watches 😀 Good luck to you.

(My humble opinion is that all smart watches are an abomination, and a nail in the coffin of proper human interaction and experience, as well as a massive waste of money. No, you can never convince me I am wrong on this, and I won't try and convince anyone else else of my opinion, because that will be fruitless).

Have fun ☺

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

#3 ·
I understand the market implications of coming out with a smart watch. It won't necessarily cannibalize sales, but at the same time, it does bring down the cachet of the brand IMO. Also the timing of this rollout was a bit poor, with TAG releasing their superior version just a few days prior.

But from my perspective, I have not been a fan of what Montblanc has been doing this year. Obviously it'll be seen whether the moves made were correct/necessary ones, and clearly I'm not part of their target market as I already own 2 Montblanc watches and countless accessories and pens, but it's a bit weird seeing how nothing they released so far this year is resonating with me.

#4 ·
As much as I love Montblanc as a brand, I don't think their smartwatch (in terms of features) can compete with tech giants like Apple and Fitbit. Partnering with Android Wear is a good choice though android wear its not as matured as the aforementioned tech giants.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.