3136 chronograph?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Chascomm

Thread: 3136 chronograph?

3136 chronograph?

I found this on smirs.com:

https://smirs.com/en/russian-watches...ident-4446244/

And they say it is 3136 chronograph movement, russian made.

Well, I do not believe that it is russian made movement, not because russians do not know to made chronographs, but because there are no production tools for that in Russia anymore. I would be happiest if info is true, but...

So does anybody knows what movement really is, and who produce it?

There is date window, so it is not seagull chronograph. Maybe shangai or liaoning peackok?

Послато са SM-N950F помоћу Тапатока

I think it is a typo. Poljot President is on 3133.

Re: 3136 chronograph?

I do not believe it is mistake. They say it is automatic movement, so 3133 is out of question. And they use this description in several models.There are also models with 3140 movement, which is probably just seagull automatic chronograph ( ST1940 movement), but this one can't be seagull because of date window.

Last edited by stevarad; 1 Week Ago at 07:51.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

And there is 3136 on caseback. So it is not typo....

Mod. Russian, China Mech. Chascomm's Avatar

Given that there is no Russian automatic chronograph in production (and the sub-dial and date positions are wrong for the mythical 301664, even if it had been made), and assuming that the product description is accurate; then the only reasonable explanation is a non-Russian movement that has been assigned a Russian-style calibre ID. The only possibilities that I can think of are the Japanese Seiko NE88 (available with that exact sub-dial and date layout), or some kind of variant of the ETA 7750 or clone thereof. For the latter, I think only the Chinese Liaoning Peacock might do that exact dial layout. And I would expect a 'Swiss Movement' inscription if it were something Swiss.

I vote Seiko.
    24h likes this.
    Chascomm
    Moderator, Russian Watches & Chinese Mechanical Watches Forums
    (no, I am not going to list all my watches here)

Quote Originally Posted by Chascomm View Post
    Given that there is no Russian automatic chronograph in production (and the sub-dial and date positions are wrong for the mythical 301664, even if it had been made), and assuming that the product description is accurate; then the only reasonable explanation is a non-Russian movement that has been assigned a Russian-style calibre ID. The only possibilities that I can think of are the Japanese Seiko NE88 (available with that exact sub-dial and date layout), or some kind of variant of the ETA 7750 or clone thereof. For the latter, I think only the Chinese Liaoning Peacock might do that exact dial layout. And I would expect a 'Swiss Movement' inscription if it were something Swiss.

I vote Seiko.
    Yes, possible. Price is also more like Seiko than Liaoning. Although, I can read only good reviews about Liaoning chronos.

Quote Originally Posted by Chascomm View Post

I vote Seiko.
    Isn't it 30min subdial on left side on Seiko NE88, or they have also right side variant?

Mod. Russian, China Mech. Chascomm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stevarad View Post
    Isn't it 30min subdial on left side on Seiko NE88, or they have also right side variant?
    Well spotted! I was wrong.

Liaoning seems like a closer match. Here is a watch powered by a Liaoning SL-4617 movement:

Chascomm
    Moderator, Russian Watches & Chinese Mechanical Watches Forums
    (no, I am not going to list all my watches here)

Yes. Liaoning is "highly likely" answer. Good movement if there is proper QC.

But watch is then overpriced by my opinion. Red star liaoning watches are about 300USD, and even if You add for example 200-300USD for premium Poljot president style and good QC, it would be 500-600USD maximum.

Thread Information