Admiring Russian/Soviet watches found online - Page 27
Like Tree495Likes

Thread: Admiring Russian/Soviet watches found online

Page 27 of 44 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 440
  1. #261
    Member schnurrp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    10,386

    Re: Admiring Russian/Soviet watches found online

    Quote Originally Posted by elsoldemayo View Post
    I thought the same, but 24-hours_watches11
    The only other poster I recall having one of these is Koutouzoff so would be interesting to see a movement pic of his watch.
    Oh, wow! It's currently listed in the esteemed comrade I. P.'s collection. Dash has a version, I believe. It's listed as 24 hour 21 jewels so.....https://mroatman.wixsite.com/watches...aItem-iq8saiy7.

    Also: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f10/rak...re-891441.html

  2. #262
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois, USA
    Posts
    612

    Re: Admiring Russian/Soviet watches found online

    Quote Originally Posted by schnurrp View Post
    Oh, wow! It's currently listed in the esteemed comrade I. P.'s collection. Dash has a version, I believe. It's listed as 24 hour 21 jewels so.....https://mroatman.wixsite.com/watches...aItem-iq8saiy7.

    Also: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f10/rak...re-891441.html
    There is a 16 SAE that has been on ebay forever that has a 2623 Baltika. This example seems pretty definitive, although I wish we had better shots of the passport! - https://forums.watchuseek.com/f10/rak...t-1079955.html

    The "civilian" 24h Baltika's like Dash's have all had 2623 from what I have seen. See: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f10/rak...a-3325570.html

    As a bonus, for some additional drooling over unusual Raketa movements: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f10/ale...ml#post6585367
    mroatman likes this.

  3. #263
    Member dutchassasin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,465

    Re: Admiring Russian/Soviet watches found online

    Unusual 1st Moscow Watch Factory deck watch spotted on Etsy. Early 1st quarter of 1951 movement without the Geneva stripes inside.
    IF its legit, i dont know ive never seen it before.

    Last edited by dutchassasin; August 6th, 2017 at 23:08.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #264
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    467

    Re: Admiring Russian/Soviet watches found online

    Another classic:




  6. #265
    Member Luis965's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    1,201

    Re: Admiring Russian/Soviet watches found online

    Quote Originally Posted by dutchassasin View Post
    Unusual 1st Moscow Watch Factory deck watch spotted on Etsy. Early 1st quarter of 1951 movement without the Geneva stripes inside.
    IF its legit, i dont know ive never seen it before.


    Perfectly legit. See the evolution of this type of movement:

    1 - No stripes, 24 jewels, without the number of the jewels on the movement





    2 - No stripes, 24 jewels, with the number of the jewels on the movement





    3 - Stripes, 24 jewels, with the number of the jewels on the movement





    4 - Stripes, 22 jewels, with the number of the jewels on the movement



  7. #266
    Member schnurrp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    10,386

    Re: Admiring Russian/Soviet watches found online

    This one wasn't around long: NOS 2209 Wostok/Vostok Amphibian 200-meters Diver made in USSR mit [email protected] | eBay.

    It is a fairly convincing "NOS" example from 1985 and has a flat crown. Some of us wondered if this crown was authentic since only the round crown is clearly found on catalog examples.
    Attached Images Attached Images

    Last edited by schnurrp; August 7th, 2017 at 12:07.
    mroatman likes this.

  8. #267
    Member dutchassasin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,465

    Re: Admiring Russian/Soviet watches found online

    Quote Originally Posted by Lol965 View Post
    Perfectly legit. See the evolution of this type of movement:
    The unusual part is the dial, not the movement.

  9. #268
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,090

    Re: Admiring Russian/Soviet watches found online

    Quote Originally Posted by schnurrp View Post
    This one wasn't around long: NOS 2209 Wostok/Vostok Amphibian 200-meters Diver made in USSR mit [email protected] | eBay.

    It is a fairly convincing "NOS" example from 1985 and has a flat crown. Some of us wondered if this crown was authentic since only the round crown is clearly found on catalog examples.


    Guess who took that one?




    Given the general conditions, the presence of matching papers and the seller's reputation, I'm pretty confident the crown is original.
    Possibly the year of production plays a role on that detail, as here's another fine example in roughly the same status (NOS with B&P, but a few storage marks) with a domed crown, which dates back to 1983.








    Also very interesting to notice how on this watch the passport shows the *movement's* serial number, as there is none stamped on the caseback














    elsoldemayo likes this.

  10. #269
    Member mroatman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    7,136

    Re: Admiring Russian/Soviet watches found online

    Quote Originally Posted by schnurrp View Post
    This one wasn't around long: NOS 2209 Wostok/Vostok Amphibian 200-meters Diver made in USSR mit [email protected] | eBay.
    It is a fairly convincing "NOS" example from 1985 and has a flat crown. Some of us wondered if this crown was authentic since only the round crown is clearly found on catalog examples.
    Good eye, I didn't notice that. I still like the round crown better, but this is good evidence that both are authentic.

  11. #270
    Member schnurrp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    10,386

    Re: Admiring Russian/Soviet watches found online

    Quote Originally Posted by Straight_time View Post
    Guess who took that one?




    Given the general conditions, the presence of matching papers and the seller's reputation, I'm pretty confident the crown is original.
    Possibly the year of production plays a role on that detail, as here's another fine example in roughly the same status (NOS with B&P, but a few storage marks) with a domed crown, which dates back to 1983.








    Also very interesting to notice how on this watch the passport shows the *movement's* serial number, as there is none stamped on the caseback














    Good for you, comrade, I gave it some serious consideration.

    This group from a demi-catalog from '83? appears to picture one with a flat crown that you wouldn't expect, upper right. I am/was fairly comfortable believing that all paddle hand examples should have the round crown. Could be a distortion in the picture, though.
    Attached Images Attached Images


Page 27 of 44 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. Question for people who buy old Russian/Soviet watches online.
      By TimeWanderer in forum Russian watches
      Replies: 15
      Last Post: August 16th, 2016, 13:38
    2. Very cool Soviet/Russian vintage watches+free watches!
      By camouflage in forum eBay Auctions
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: March 24th, 2012, 23:28
    3. The charm of Russian/Soviet watches?
      By sergione in forum Russian watches
      Replies: 18
      Last Post: October 29th, 2011, 03:04
    4. WTT for your Soviet/Russian watches
      By Militarywatchdude in forum WTT - Trade Corner
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: April 24th, 2010, 05:05

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •