Admiring Russian/Soviet watches found online - Page 3
Like Tree498Likes

Thread: Admiring Russian/Soviet watches found online

Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 441
  1. #21
    Member mroatman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    7,136

    Re: Admiring Russian/Soviet watches found online

    Quote Originally Posted by schnurrp View Post
    Not real exotic, strange, or mysterious but certainly pretty rare in this condition (rare price too!): Soviet POLJOT Orbita Automatic Watch Shock Resist 29 Jewels | eBay
    For any serious buyers, it might be helpful to note that the seller had offered this to me for $800. Still far, far beyond my budget, but it might help someone in negotiations if you decide to buy.

  2. #22
    Member mroatman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    7,136

    Re: Admiring Russian/Soviet watches found online

    Quote Originally Posted by Dimy View Post
    would you enlighten me on this 'famous shop', never heard about it before and am kind of curious.
    According to rumors, an Armenian watchmaker used to make these Raketa dials with the little rocket ship in Plovdiv, Bulgaria during communist rule. Apparently, at the final stage, the dials were baked in an oven, but the rest of the process was kept a secret. According to storyteller, the procedure is described in the Kharitonchuk manual and was completely legitimate at the time.

    I have heard this story told numerous times by different sources, including one female Bulgarian watch seller on eBay. I cannot vouch for its authenticity. Perhaps all sources are just repeating the same story they've read from the same place. Or maybe there is truth to it. Personally, I happen to love the dial design. Some watches are clearly "franken", especially when you can make out the previous dial that has been printed over (check out post #7 from this thread: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f10/inf...et-432176.html). But in general, when these dials are done well, I like them, and I like the story behind them as well. Franken or not, true or legend, I'm happy to have a few in my collection :)

    Here are some more threads that might interest you:
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f10/tin...ta-826800.html
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f10/yes...ut-518782.html
    armanh likes this.

  3. #23
    Member Dimy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Ottawa, ON, Canada
    Posts
    766

    Re: Admiring Russian/Soviet watches found online

    Quote Originally Posted by mroatman View Post
    According to rumors, an Armenian watchmaker used to make these Raketa dials with the little rocket ship in Plovdiv, Bulgaria during communist rule. Apparently, at the final stage, the dials were baked in an oven, but the rest of the process was kept a secret. According to storyteller, the procedure is described in the Kharitonchuk manual and was completely legitimate at the time.

    I have heard this story told numerous times by different sources, including one female Bulgarian watch seller on eBay. I cannot vouch for its authenticity. Perhaps all sources are just repeating the same story they've read from the same place. Or maybe there is truth to it. Personally, I happen to love the dial design. Some watches are clearly "franken", especially when you can make out the previous dial that has been printed over (check out post #7 from this thread: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f10/inf...et-432176.html). But in general, when these dials are done well, I like them, and I like the story behind them as well. Franken or not, true or legend, I'm happy to have a few in my collection :)

    Here are some more threads that might interest you:
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f10/tin...ta-826800.html
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f10/yes...ut-518782.html
    Thanks.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #24
    Mod. Russian, China Mech. Chascomm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    16,639

    Re: Admiring Russian/Soviet watches found online

    Quote Originally Posted by emoscambio View Post
    Perhaps some dial from the same famous workshop in Bulgaria, which issued those white Bocmok, Pakema, and Kocmohabt which writing included tiny rockets or the like?
    As in this one from the same collection?

    koutouzoff likes this.
    Chascomm
    Moderator, Russian Watches & Chinese Mechanical Watches Forums
    (no, I am not going to list all my watches here)

  6. #25
    Member emoscambio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    4,426
    Quote Originally Posted by Chascomm View Post
    As in this one from the same collection?
    Exactly, and this one too:

    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f10/inf.../topics/432176



    Name:  image-3526773171.jpg
Views: 829
Size:  196.9 KB
    Авиатор ‣ АВР ‣ Аврора ‣ Агат ‣ Адмиральские ‣ Амфибия ‣ АЧВ ‣ АЧС ‣ Буран ‣ Волна ‣ Восток ‣ Генеральские ‣ Денисов ‣ Заря ‣ Звезда ‣ ЗиМ ‣ Кировские ‣ Командирские ‣ Луч ‣ Маяк ‣ Мир ‣ Молния ‣ Москва ‣ Наири ‣ Океан ‣ Орион ‣ Победа ‣ Полёт ‣ Пионер ‣ Ракета ‣ Родина ‣ Россия ‣ Сатурн ‣ Сигнал ‣ Слава ‣ Спортивные ‣ Спутник ‣ Стрела ‣ Хрусталь ‣ Чайка ‣ Штурманские ‣ Электроника ‣ ЯнтарьAlba ‣ Aspor ‣ AviatorSwiss ‣ Blonex ‣ Błonie ‣ Car'n'Driver ‣ Chateau ‣ Citizen ‣ Clipper ‣ Deuta ‣ Enicar ‣ Franklin ‣ Fuji ‣ Glashütte ‣ Glycine ‣ Gruen ‣ HenriGireaux ‣ Junghans ‣ Junkers ‣ Karex ‣ Lip ‣ LordElgin ‣ Mido ‣ Moeris ‣ Onsa ‣ Orient ‣ ParaNeptun ‣ Plymouth ‣ Poltik ‣ Premira ‣ Prim ‣ Primato ‣ Rega ‣ Ricoh ‣ Rivado ‣ Royal ‣ Royce ‣ Ruhla ‣ RWUE ‣ Seca ‣ Seiko ‣ Shanghai ‣ Silvia ‣ Thiel ‣ TimeRite ‣ Tissot ‣ UMF ‣ Ursacord ‣ VostokEurope ‣ Yrda ‣ Zentra ‣ Zeppelin ‣ ZMP ‣ Zodiac

  7. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    467

    Re: Admiring Russian/Soviet watches found online

    A few very interesting pocket watches found on the 'bay. Interesting inscriptions, interesting dials, and considering their age (and in one case - gold content), probably very very interesting histories. Anyone can shed light on these?












  8. #27
    Member emoscambio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    4,426
    Quote Originally Posted by mvmt View Post
    A few very interesting pocket watches found on the 'bay. Interesting inscriptions, interesting dials, and considering their age (and in one case - gold content), probably very very interesting histories. Anyone can shed light on these?
    Feel free to post your translation queries in the following thread :

    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f10/q-p...g-1757378.html

    ps: the last one is in... Latvian.
    Last edited by emoscambio; May 17th, 2015 at 09:40.
    Авиатор ‣ АВР ‣ Аврора ‣ Агат ‣ Адмиральские ‣ Амфибия ‣ АЧВ ‣ АЧС ‣ Буран ‣ Волна ‣ Восток ‣ Генеральские ‣ Денисов ‣ Заря ‣ Звезда ‣ ЗиМ ‣ Кировские ‣ Командирские ‣ Луч ‣ Маяк ‣ Мир ‣ Молния ‣ Москва ‣ Наири ‣ Океан ‣ Орион ‣ Победа ‣ Полёт ‣ Пионер ‣ Ракета ‣ Родина ‣ Россия ‣ Сатурн ‣ Сигнал ‣ Слава ‣ Спортивные ‣ Спутник ‣ Стрела ‣ Хрусталь ‣ Чайка ‣ Штурманские ‣ Электроника ‣ ЯнтарьAlba ‣ Aspor ‣ AviatorSwiss ‣ Blonex ‣ Błonie ‣ Car'n'Driver ‣ Chateau ‣ Citizen ‣ Clipper ‣ Deuta ‣ Enicar ‣ Franklin ‣ Fuji ‣ Glashütte ‣ Glycine ‣ Gruen ‣ HenriGireaux ‣ Junghans ‣ Junkers ‣ Karex ‣ Lip ‣ LordElgin ‣ Mido ‣ Moeris ‣ Onsa ‣ Orient ‣ ParaNeptun ‣ Plymouth ‣ Poltik ‣ Premira ‣ Prim ‣ Primato ‣ Rega ‣ Ricoh ‣ Rivado ‣ Royal ‣ Royce ‣ Ruhla ‣ RWUE ‣ Seca ‣ Seiko ‣ Shanghai ‣ Silvia ‣ Thiel ‣ TimeRite ‣ Tissot ‣ UMF ‣ Ursacord ‣ VostokEurope ‣ Yrda ‣ Zentra ‣ Zeppelin ‣ ZMP ‣ Zodiac

  9. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    467

    Re: Admiring Russian/Soviet watches found online

    Was browsing ebay this evening and found a few Soviet watches that rarely seem to come up for sale.

    A couple of ladies watches. The first is the 1200 movement, allegedly the smallest Soviet manufactured movement:

    Chaika 1200 "Legendary" Vintage Soviet The Smallest Watches in USSR | eBay

    Than there was this Luch 1801.1 which I have rarely seen come up for sale:

    RARE Original Mechanical Lady Wrist Watch LUCH Cal 1801 1 USSR 1960 S | eBay

    I don't believe this one was marketed as a women's watch, but it certainly wouldn't look out of place on a feminine wrist. The fun Pink Slava:

    Reloj Ruso Slava Sovietico Soviet Slava Watch | eBay

    And finally a bit of a sister watch to the pink slava, the Slava Medical Watch. This is the lowest price for one I've seen in a while (incorrectly called a "Chaika"!):

    Vintage Watch Chaika Soviet USSR Russian Medical Pulsemeter Serviced Mechanical | eBay

    This one is also interesting. A Luch 3045 electro-mechanical:

    Men's Wristwatch LUCH Premium USSR Very RARE Resonator Transistor Limited RARE | eBay

  10. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    539

    Re: Admiring Russian/Soviet watches found online

    Quote Originally Posted by mvmt View Post
    And finally a bit of a sister watch to the pink slava, the Slava Medical Watch. This is the lowest price for one I've seen in a while (incorrectly called a "Chaika"!):

    Vintage Watch Chaika Soviet USSR Russian Medical Pulsemeter Serviced Mechanical | eBay

    That is like teasing! A such watch I would definitely like to have but too expensive for me even thou the price is low this time. I really like that pulsemeter watch.
    Last edited by engblom; July 23rd, 2015 at 11:54.

  11. #30
    Member mroatman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    7,136

    Re: Admiring Russian/Soviet watches found online

    Quote Originally Posted by mvmt View Post
    This one is also interesting. A Luch 3045 electro-mechanical:
    Men's Wristwatch LUCH Premium USSR Very RARE Resonator Transistor Limited RARE | eBay
    A relative of this watch in poorer condition recently sold for a very reasonable price, considering the rarity:

    RARE Soviet LUCH Electronic Mechanical Hybrid Watch Gold Plated AU10 | eBay

    Unfortunately, even at this price, it exceeded my budget and I had to let it go.

Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. Question for people who buy old Russian/Soviet watches online.
      By TimeWanderer in forum Russian watches
      Replies: 15
      Last Post: August 16th, 2016, 13:38
    2. Very cool Soviet/Russian vintage watches+free watches!
      By camouflage in forum eBay Auctions
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: March 24th, 2012, 23:28
    3. The charm of Russian/Soviet watches?
      By sergione in forum Russian watches
      Replies: 18
      Last Post: October 29th, 2011, 03:04
    4. WTT for your Soviet/Russian watches
      By Militarywatchdude in forum WTT - Trade Corner
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: April 24th, 2010, 05:05

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •