Amphibia problem
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Amphibia problem

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Amphibia problem

I am having problems with my new Amphibia and was hoping for some advice from the forum.

The 11 o'clock lume pip has fallen off and is loose inside the case. Very annoying! DIY isn't my forte so I assume my choices are to find a watch repairer or take it up with the seller. There's no lume at 6 either but this is by design I suppose.

The watch stopped at 6.30pm today although I'd been wearing it all day, so I set the time and wound it manually (it's running now). But I must have turned the crown at least a hundred times and there was no more resistance after the hundredth turn than the first turn. This seems very strange, even for an Amphibia.

I tried to upload a photo but in the preview it was enormous.

Welcome to the forum. Sorry for your troubles. Taken the fallen lume dot out is simple. Just do it. 🙂 If you are up to the challenge respond for the instructions.

As far as winding: based on your description it looks like the watch has an autowinding. If so, then you can manually wind it forever and will never reach the stop. This is how it should be. Otherwise your autowinding will break. The watch had stooped because there maybe be a problem, or because it needs service or maybe auto winding is not functioning at the full capacity. How old the the watch? Did you ever service it? Please add photos.

Your test is good: wind it (30 turns will do, the rest is just waste of time) and see if the watch stops. Experiment to see if you can find a patter. When watch stops do hands on top of each other? Maybe they hit that lose dot incide?

Obviously watchmaker can find the issue fast but it will probably cost you more than the price of a new watch. So, up to you: send us as much info as you can get so we can keep guessing or take it to a professional 🙂 Good luck!

Re: Amphibia problem

I had a buddy who bought a rebranded vostok (AM diver), but when it arrived, two of the lume plots were looked and floating around in the dial. I told him it was the Soviet answer to Chopards "Happy Diamonds," thus called "happy lume plots."

Sent from my SM-J327T1 using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

You need to try to return the watch if possible. That lume pip is never going back on the dial. And if its not still visible and your watch stopped, I can bet on where it is now.
    I had the same problem with a meranom dial. It may have been my fault when I changed the dial, don't know. I opened up the watch and popped off all the pips so it would be uniform. :)
    Not worth returning a 7 buck dial.
    jimzilla likes this.

Thank you all for your replies. I've uploaded a photo.

Quiller, as you can see the rogue lume is now alongside the 5 o'clock dot. There's no date window so I'm hoping there's no way for it to get into the works.

Odessa200, yes it's an automatic - my first. I wouldn't be up for any DIY. I've had the watch for a month but only been wearing it for a few days and not serviced it. So far no noticeable pattern behind the stopping.

Name:  IMG_20190704_193223.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  2.30 MB

Given it is a new watch, has lume issues and stops, if you can send it back and ask for a warranty repair.

Update: the eBay seller has invited me to return the watch for replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by Farang View Post
    Update: the eBay seller has invited me to return the watch for replacement.
    That is good of him. Fair and honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Farang View Post
    Thank you all for your replies. I've uploaded a photo.

Quiller, as you can see the rogue lume is now alongside the 5 o'clock dot. There's no date window so I'm hoping there's no way for it to get into the works.

Odessa200, yes it's an automatic - my first. I wouldn't be up for any DIY. I've had the watch for a month but only been wearing it for a few days and not serviced it. So far no noticeable pattern behind the stopping.

Name:  IMG_20190704_193223.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  2.30 MB
    What model is this?
    Longstride.

Anonimo/Sinn/Kobold/O&W
    CWC/Rolex/MKII/Seiko/Fortis

This may be a little behind the times but the stray lume dot could have simply jammed the seconds hand causing the watch to stop.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information