Are any of these watches worth buying?

Thread: Are any of these watches worth buying?

Are any of these watches worth buying?

I think the watches on Soviet Watch Store are absolutely stunning, but I can't find most of them on ebay at all. So tell me, are any of their watches worth buying if I like the aesthetic? Or are they bound to be crap, or worse, fake? I'm very new to this and this is my first post on this website. It's just that these vintage Russian/Soviet watches are the only type I find visually appealing. I would post links to the specific ones I like, but it won't let me because I haven't posted before.

Re: Are any of these watches worth buying?

Quote Originally Posted by Vintaj Polwatchski View Post
    I think the watches on Soviet Watch Store are absolutely stunning, but I can't find most of them on ebay at all. So tell me, are any of their watches worth buying if I like the aesthetic? Or are they bound to be crap, or worse, fake? I'm very new to this and this is my first post on this website. It's just that these vintage Russian/Soviet watches are the only type I find visually appealing. I would post links to the specific ones I like, but it won't let me because I haven't posted before.
    I'm not familiar with that "Store" but after a quick look, there appear to be some authentic-looking vintage watches here and there among the stock. Prices are kind of high. If you find one you like you should post it for forum comments before buying.

These appear good although there's no picture showing the crystal profile (low profile crystal is often replaced) and no movement picture for the perpetual calendar model:

Vintage mechanical gold-plated Raketa watch with 24 hours dial ? Soviet Watch Store

Soviet RAKETA perpetual calendar watch ? Soviet Watch Store

There's really no shortcut. Read the forum threads on authenticity, search ebay and other sites for models that appeal to you and get forum feedback before buying, and become familiar with available catalogs and online

private collections such as this one: https://mroatman.wixsite.com/watches-of-the-ussr.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintaj Polwatchski View Post
    Most of their watches are overpriced, and they used to have some frankens. Not sure about their current inventory. It's easier to help if you point out the specific watches you are interested in.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by bpmurray View Post
    Most of their watches are overpriced, and they used to have some frankens. Not sure about their current inventory. It's easier to help if you point out the specific watches you are interested in.
    I have bought a few watches from this place as I live locally. I also bought my original Vympel from Vlad at sovietwatchstore but this came from Ukraine, from where some of the watches are sent, as he spends part of the year there.

Although they were advertised as serviced in the Ukraine, I got them serviced again later by the Welsh Wizard (now retired) and their accuracy improved.

He does have some frankens but also has more than a few original watches including NOS, like my Pobeda.

If you are not sure about a watch he will send you more information and will also accept a return. He is a good person to deal with and some of his prices are a bit high but sometimes he will negotiate like he did with my Vympel.

Name:  watch-Vympel-2859-1651-1-350x350.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  20.8 KB

Thread Information