Before & After ✨ - Page 12
Like Tree1567Likes

Thread: Before & After ✨

Page 12 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 62 ... LastLast

Re: Before & After ✨

Quote Originally Posted by Kamburov View Post
    Kev, your watches are safe and happily ticking :) I guess you noticed a little change in the vostok too.
    They are indeed beautiful watches, can I keep them? :) Just joking, I'll fly them back home next week.
    The USPS probably tracked them to the last US post office, which is strange, most postal services track the packages to the point of receiving.
    I'm very happy I didn't make things worse, as I never experimented on a watch that is not mine.
    Ivan
    RE the steel Vostok, I thought the bottom of the three was gone, was it covered with something or did you repaint it? I though that one was pretty much a lost cause.

Quote Originally Posted by audiomagnate View Post
    RE the steel Vostok, I thought the bottom of the three was gone, was it covered with something or did you repaint it? I though that one was pretty much a lost cause.
    It was gone, fallen off. I did repaint it. It was a small part of the 3, it's not like drawing the whole number, so I took the liberty. It's not a Picasso, but you have to look through the magnifying glass to spot it.
    I felt very artistic :)

haha, that wristshot is fabulous! It's high time I get myself one of those slavas.
    Ivan
    Quote Originally Posted by Sekondtime View Post
    The final result looks good. Well done! Many of the large Slavas can look a little tired but look good when they are cleaned and polished up.
    Thank you !
    Go for it Ivan, it's a fun watch to wear !
    Among many other possibilities, i would classify soviet watches into 2 categories : those that look good when they look really used and tired (let's say they have a "nice patina" ) and those that need to look like new. This Slava definitely belongs to the second category
    Kamburov likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Name:  3.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  99.2 KB
    Name:  4.JPG
Views: 276
Size:  2.44 MB
    Name:  5.JPG
Views: 284
Size:  2.56 MB
    Name:  7.JPG
Views: 306
Size:  2.36 MB
    Name:  9.JPG
Views: 305
Size:  1.90 MB

All for this:
    Name:  10.JPG
Views: 297
Size:  2.78 MB

This Amphybia was my first ever post in this forum. It's now reunited with it's dad.
    Ivan

Really impressive and beautiful result !!
    Kamburov likes this.

This Amphybia was my first ever post in this forum. It's now reunited with it's dad.
    Amazing restoration of a beautiful watch!

I still "need" this particular tank model...

Valley of the three forks of the wolf. Canada

Has anyone used an ultrasonic cleaner to clean old stained watch faces? (I mean successfully) Is the printing universally fragile? The reason for asking is that with a bunch of old dirty faces in my sock drawer I don't think I have the patience to be daubing them all in any kind of precise way. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by skipvel View Post
    Has anyone used an ultrasonic cleaner to clean old stained watch faces? (I mean successfully) Is the printing universally fragile? The reason for asking is that with a bunch of old dirty faces in my sock drawer I don't think I have the patience to be daubing them all in any kind of precise way. Thanks.
    I do have one, and I haven't experimented with it (sertainly will, for the fun of it). To answer your question - the printing is usually very fragile. I'm not optimistic about it, and I will do it as an experiment "mythbusters" style. The ultrasonic does half of the job (if not less), the cleaning solition is the more important part of it, and I have no idea how to go about this.
    If I care about the dials I wouldn't try it, mainly because I have no control over the cleaning process. It's a "switch on and pray" situation, a lottery with just about the same chance of success.
    Some older pocket watches porcelain dials may survive that, but more recent wrist watches are too fragile, especially the printing.
    That's just my opinion, if I ever try it I will sure post here.

Quote Originally Posted by mroatman View Post
    Amazing restoration of a beautiful watch!

I still "need" this particular tank model...
    Thank you! If I spot a good oportunity, I will have you in mind!
    Ivan

Wow excellent refurbs. They look fantastic and ready for another lifetime of service!

My watchmaker friend found me a NOS Kirovskie dial, like a month ago. Today I decided to spread all Kirovskie parts I had, with the vague intention of putting a watch together. I had 4 movements, 3 cases, and some other parts.
    Name:  4.JPG
Views: 235
Size:  2.55 MB

Spent 3-4 hours replacing parts, back and front, and nothing seemed to work.
    Name:  5.JPG
Views: 235
Size:  2.47 MB

Finally I got to a point when every part was cleaned and lubricated (including incablocks), and right then - bingo! It started hesitantly, but after 30 minutes it picked up speed and settled into normal function. I used the time to do some cleaning and polishing. Finally I put it all together and got this:
    Name:  6.JPG
Views: 244
Size:  2.14 MB
    Name:  7.JPG
Views: 238
Size:  2.57 MB

I'm not sure about the colour of the seconds hand, but golden was all I got. So far it's been keeping good time, but we'll see how that goes, may need some regulating.
    I still consider this a time well spent.
    Ivan
    miquel99, Avidfan, haha and 9 others like this.

Page 12 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 62 ... LastLast

Thread Information