Before & After ✨ - Page 14
Like Tree1567Likes

Thread: Before & After ✨

Page 14 of 76 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 64 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 759
  1. #131
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    490

    Re: Before & After ✨

    Well, you must have named it Poljot or strela ?!

    Is it me or is the latin dial sunburst, but not the cyrillic one ?

  2. #132
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Burgas, Bulgaria
    Posts
    1,618

    Re: Before & After ✨

    Quote Originally Posted by haha View Post
    Well, you must have named it Poljot or strela ?!

    Is it me or is the latin dial sunburst, but not the cyrillic one ?
    Yeah, I named it Polet It took him an hour or two to get it together and fly away. Just left a little poop on my t-shirt. I didn't name that.

    Your observation about the dials is absolutely correct. The cyrillic one is gloss black.
    Ivan

  3. #133
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    490

    Re: Before & After ✨

    Quote Originally Posted by Kamburov View Post
    Yeah, I named it Polet It took him an hour or two to get it together and fly away. Just left a little poop on my t-shirt. I didn't name that.

    Your observation about the dials is absolutely correct. The cyrillic one is gloss black.
    Ivan
    Nice farewell present from Polet
    And do you think the dial was originally like this or did someone paint it over ? It looks almost too new.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #134
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Burgas, Bulgaria
    Posts
    1,618

    Re: Before & After ✨

    Quote Originally Posted by haha View Post
    And do you think the dial was originally like this or did someone paint it over ? It looks almost too new.
    Yes, I think it's original. It had some minor wear that I dealt with succesfully. Only the lume dots at 1 and 2 are not that bright green as the others, but I can live with that. With the cyrillic print seems to be a bit rarer than the latin.

  6. #135
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    490

    Re: Before & After ✨

    Quote Originally Posted by Kamburov View Post
    Yes, I think it's original. It had some minor wear that I dealt with succesfully. Only the lume dots at 1 and 2 are not that bright green as the others, but I can live with that. With the cyrillic print seems to be a bit rarer than the latin.
    Great.

    Here is mine by the way (well same case, different dial)
    Name:  DSC07700_DxOweb.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  195.6 KB
    Kamburov likes this.

  7. #136
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Burgas, Bulgaria
    Posts
    1,618

    Re: Before & After ✨

    Quote Originally Posted by haha View Post

    Is it me or is the latin dial sunburst, but not the cyrillic one ?
    Your question made me take them both out for observation. The export version I haven't opened yet as it was in excellent condition when I got it.
    The dials seem to be exactly the same (black gloss) but under the light they both have this brushed effect. Which got me by surprise, as I didn't notice that when I worked on it under the magnifying glass. Check this out
    Name:  12.JPG
Views: 251
Size:  3.42 MB

    So it's just a trick of the light. The print's language is the only difference.

    These watches are really cool. I'm looking out for one like yours.

  8. #137
    Member audiomagnate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    639
    I tried mroatman's crystal thinning trick and it did wonders for the look and feel of my Vympel. I used a Craftsman combination round stone instead of sandpaper.

    Name:  s-l400_1530969709959.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  8.6 KBName:  1530969721642293921652778766528_1530969768189.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  1.22 MB
    Name:  20180707_090750_1530969955711.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  1.51 MB
    Name:  15309707430414729166264444226465_1530970762813.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  1.08 MB
    Last edited by audiomagnate; July 7th, 2018 at 16:41.
    haha, bpmurray, Kamburov and 1 others like this.

  9. #138
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Burgas, Bulgaria
    Posts
    1,618

    Re: Before & After ✨

    Quote Originally Posted by audiomagnate View Post
    I tried mroatman's crystal thinning trick and it did wonders for the look and feel of my Vympel. I used a Craftsman combination round stone instead of sandpaper.
    Very good result, Kev! It does look much better!
    If you have a spare crystal for experimenting, you can take it even further. Recently a comrade from the bulgarian forum did a well documented polishing of the same crystal. This was triggered by a discussion about your Vympel restoration, actually
    So these photos are the work of Misho "Seikosha" from Varna, and show how much polishing this crystal can take

    Name:  58.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  127.9 KB
    Name:  59.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  107.9 KB

    Misho took it to the extreme, and I was surprised that after this polishing there was still material left to cover the watch
    Still there it is, an excellent reference point. When I get the time I will try it too
    Ivan

  10. #139
    Member audiomagnate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    639
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamburov View Post
    Attachment 13289533

    Very good result, Kev! It does look much better! [IMG class=inlineimg]https://forums.watchuseek.com/images/smilies/icon_good.gif[/IMG]
    If you have a spare crystal for experimenting, you can take it even further. Recently a comrade from the bulgarian forum did a well documented polishing of the same crystal. This was triggered by a discussion about your Vympel restoration, actually [IMG class=inlineimg]https://forums.watchuseek.com/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif[/IMG]
    So these photos are the work of Misho "Seikosha" from Varna, and show how much polishing this crystal can take


    Misho took it to the extreme, and I was surprised that after this polishing there was still material left to cover the watch [IMG class=inlineimg]https://forums.watchuseek.com/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif[/IMG]
    Still there it is, an excellent reference point. When I get the time I will try it too
    Ivan
    I can't take this particular crystal any further unfortunately. I had to stop when it started getting a little loose in the bezel. I can actually rotate it so I'm tempted too use a little UV glue to lock it in place. I'm only down to 7.6 mm and 6.5 is my goal, but even bit lower would be even cooler. What are Misho's Vympels measuring?Attachment 13289533
    Last edited by audiomagnate; July 10th, 2018 at 04:00.

  11. #140
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Burgas, Bulgaria
    Posts
    1,618

    Re: Before & After ✨

    Quote Originally Posted by audiomagnate View Post
    I can't take this particular crystal any further unfortunately. I had to stop when it started getting a little loose in the bezel. I can actually rotate it so I'm tempted too use a little UV glue to lock it in place. I'm only down to 7.6 mm and 6.5 is my goal, but even bit lower would be even cooler. What are Misho's Vympels measuring?
    I just checked again and I was wrong, it's probably different than your crystal. Actually he started with a bigger one at 33.98mm, quite bigger than the 32.60mm. Vympel bezel. By polishing he brought it to 32.86mm. and he managed fixing that without glue.
    So it's different situation, Kev, my bad.
    No measurement of the end result hight. Looks low, though.
    Ivan

Page 14 of 76 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 64 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. <<<<<<<WRUW SUN 27th August>>>>>>>
      By chicolabronse in forum Affordable watches
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: August 27th, 2017, 07:47
    2. Replies: 16
      Last Post: December 10th, 2016, 22:56
    3. &&&&&&&& WRUW 06/10/2015 &&&&&&&&&&
      By eblackmo in forum Affordable watches
      Replies: 90
      Last Post: October 8th, 2015, 21:56
    4. &&&&&&&& WRUW ON SATURDAY MAY 16th 2015 &&&&&&&&&
      By GDub in forum Affordable watches
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: May 16th, 2015, 05:46
    5. Replies: 97
      Last Post: December 4th, 2014, 03:32

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •