Before & After ✨ - Page 16
Like Tree1567Likes

Thread: Before & After ✨

Page 16 of 76 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 66 ... LastLast

Re: Before & After ✨

Ok not really a "before and after" but an upgrade..
    New strap for the blue Komandirskie.

A little grey to match the lower dial, with a hint of red to match the star. Courtesy of CheapNatoStraps too!

Name:  NewGreyStrap2.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  142.0 KB
    Avidfan, Kamburov and kev80e like this.
    And the collection, (Ok She's right- that's a lot of watches. *put eye-roll here*)
    -1971 Timex Marlin, green dial (reborn!), 1970's Timex Auto, 1974 Hamilton Accumatic ORANGE DIAL!
    -Dad's 1953 Bulova President, 1963 gold Accutron, and Grandpa's 1970 Caravelle machinist's watch

--E-One Bradley, --Evant Tropic Diver, bronze & green, --Urban Chronograph, —Seiko SNK's green & red,—Seiko Alpinist, —Bertucci A-2T (white), —Certina C-Sport Chrono, orange , —Timex 2002 Reefgear, —Omega Dynamic III (circa 2001), —Hamilton Pan Europe, blue, -- Monta Triumph, green dial.

-1972 Hamilton Pan Europe, -1971 Accutron 219,—Seiko H557 square digital-analog (mine, new in 1984),
    -80's Seiko 6F22 Moonphase, - -70's Timex Electric, —Vostok Signal watch (w/ alarm), -80's Komandirskie (Type 33) -1990 Komandirskie (Type 34) (4 of same!), -Victorinox 1980, —HMT Janata, -1912 Concord Travel Clock/watch (w/engraved dial)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamburov View Post
    Yes, the color palette makes the difference.
    Actually I do have a crab in restoration process. I need a good dial and a crown to get it finished.
    Attachment 13339777

While I wait, though...
    Got a bag of broken watches yesterday. Probably a watch repair service rejects. It consisted of about 10-12 non-working men's watches, about 5-6 non-working women's and some cases, movements and other parts. Didn't take any "before" photos, although should have. Out of the pile I already have 7 working and cleaned watches.
    Attachment 13339797

I may continue working on some of them, but I can't do much more than this.
    Attachment 13339811

The movement of the white face Raketa was too damaged for repair, so it got replaced. The same with the Orient. The others needed ballances, some needed case backs, the Luch is missing a rotor. The gold-plated Raketa (my favourite of the bunch) has a spot on the dial at 7, I'm still trying to figure out how to deal with it.
    Still, there are 2-3 watches in the pile waiting to be reborn. At least one Raketa and a Kama.
    Nothing spectacular, but I've been having a lot of fun the last 24 hours.
    Ivan
    Nice work Ivan,
    Some great results there, always nice to bring a watch back from the scrap bin.
    Cheers
    Kamburov likes this.

Thanks, Matt! I spent about $75 on the pile, as I really wanted to save the 3 gold-plated cases (the restored Raketa and Vostok, and a Raketa case that, for some reason, is out of the picture). The other guy wanted to buy them three for melting, and I offered to buy the whole bag. I also spotted the perpetual calendar Orient, and I knew that if I restore it well, I will get my money back just from this one. There's also another vintage Orient out of the photo (the pile must've been bigger than what I posted here). The calendar Orient turned out very well (the original dial and day/year ring are excellent), so all the soviets may turn out to be a free bonus. I don't even count the women's soviets.

Now to get back to the Raketa 24h crystal. Just received a delivery of spare crystals and crowns, but no proper ctystal for it.
    Name:  7.JPG
Views: 292
Size:  3.73 MB

Still I put one on, so I can wear it
    Name:  8.JPG
Views: 302
Size:  2.75 MB

but this story is to be continued. Still searching.
    Ivan
    MattBrace likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Last few weeks it's been all about Raketa for me. Won this at $7.50 on the Ebay, figured it will be good for spares if nothing else.
    Name:  1.JPG
Views: 274
Size:  2.59 MB

Tried to get it as close to this as possible.
    Name:  8.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  1.01 MB

Name:  2.JPG
Size:  2.76 MB
    Name:  4.JPG
Views: 270
Size:  3.61 MB
    Name:  5.JPG
Views: 276
Size:  2.15 MB
    Name:  6.JPG
Views: 278
Size:  3.23 MB
Views: 282
Size:  3.76 MB

Slightly better than what I started with. Not much to do about the case, though.
    Ivan
    Last edited by Kamburov; August 11th, 2018 at 01:51.
    kev80e, schnurrp, haha and 3 others like this.

Just playing with sandpaper

Name:  081web.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  359.6 KB

Thanks, Matt! I spent about $75 on the pile, as I really wanted to save the 3 gold-plated cases (the restored Raketa and Vostok, and a Raketa case that, for some reason, is out of the picture). The other guy wanted to buy them three for melting, and I offered to buy the whole bag. I also spotted the perpetual calendar Orient, and I knew that if I restore it well, I will get my money back just from this one. There's also another vintage Orient out of the photo (the pile must've been bigger than what I posted here). The calendar Orient turned out very well (the original dial and day/year ring are excellent), so all the soviets may turn out to be a free bonus. I don't even count the women's soviets.

Now to get back to the Raketa 24h crystal. Just received a delivery of spare crystals and crowns, but no proper ctystal for it.
Views: 292
Size:  3.73 MB

Still I put one on, so I can wear it
    Name:  8.JPG
Views: 302
Size:  2.75 MB

but this story is to be continued. Still searching.
    Ivan
    I'm sorry to say it but that looks awful.
    Please save this poor watch!

Last few weeks it's been all about Raketa for me. Won this at $7.50 on the Ebay, figured it will be good for spares if nothing else.
    Name:  1.JPG
Views: 274
Size:  2.59 MB

Tried to get it as close to this as possible.
    Name:  8.jpg
Size:  1.01 MB

Name:  2.JPG
Size:  2.76 MB
    Name:  4.JPG
Views: 270
Size:  3.61 MB
    Name:  5.JPG
Views: 276
Size:  2.15 MB
    Name:  6.JPG
Views: 278
Size:  3.23 MB
Views: 282
Size:  3.76 MB

Slightly better than what I started with. Not much to do about the case, though.
    Ivan
    Ivan,

How did you refill the black on the hands? What is your method and materials?

Sekondtime

Quote Originally Posted by haha View Post
    Just playing with sandpaper

Name:  081web.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  359.6 KB
    Look! Only I am supposed to do that to Ruhlas! Great job, well done!

Quote Originally Posted by Sekondtime View Post
    Look! Only I am supposed to do that to Ruhlas! Great job, well done!
    And this is only the beginning ! I shall then reign upon the stainless steel Ruhla kingdom !!
    Sekondtime likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by thewatchadude View Post
    I'm sorry to say it but that looks awful.
    Please save this poor watch!
    Don't be sorry, you are absolutely right :) It does look awful. I will deffinately try to save it, but that will require replacement parts. Unfortunatelu what is damaged, can't be repaired. Turned out original crystals are really hard to find, as are the black polished besels. Most my contacts (and I)have been silent lately (hollyday season), so I put it aside for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sekondtime View Post
    Ivan,

How did you refill the black on the hands? What is your method and materials?

Sekondtime
    Black nail polish on this one. I clean the hands, then apply small nail polish drops with the tip of a needle (in the canal). I put a slightly exessive amount (so it bulges above) and leave it to dry. As it dries it shrinks (the stage you see on the pfoto). Then with some cotton on the tip of a toothpick, slightly soaked in nail polish remover (or 97% spirit), I remove the polish from the surface. Usually polishing the top side is enough, but sometimes I do the underside aswell.
    It's a fairly easy process, and the good part is, if you don't like the result you can easily clean and repeat.
    For the white colour I use acryllic paint, but any nail polish with the appropriate colour is good enough. Supereasy to work with.

Haha, this is an awesome job you've done on the Ruhla! Sekondtime's compliment says it all :)

Ivan

Page 16 of 76 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 66 ... LastLast

Thread Information