Before & After ✨ - Page 35
Like Tree1567Likes

Thread: Before & After ✨

Page 35 of 76 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast

Re: Before & After ✨

Quote Originally Posted by Kamburov View Post
    Beautiful restorations, comrades!
    Odessa, that is a very nice military looking watch. I'm still missing a zvezda Pobeda in my collection.
    Secondtime, this is a jawdropping, crafty restoration! Aren't the doved mirs connected to the youth festival Dashiell is so fond with?
    Attachment 14429409

his example
    https://mroatman.wixsite.com/watches...aItem-immwu441

Looks like you had some quality time restoring that clock!
    Ivan
    Thanks Ivan. Surprisingly, it actually took a very short time to do. The longest part was sorting out the alarm mechanism.

I think you are probably right about the MIRs being connected with the Youth Festival. Dashiell's example looks like one of the first from 1957. It's a pity we can't see the casing or the bell casing to see what colour it is.

Sekondtime

Haven't posted for a long time, but you, guys, are inspiring.
    I got a small pile of junk this morning for about $10. An antique shop friend got them during the last week.
    Name:  1.JPG
Views: 63
Size:  2.62 MB

Got them for the Mayak, obviously, the other two I can use for parts.
    Name:  2.JPG
Views: 61
Size:  2.70 MB
    Name:  3.JPG
Views: 56
Size:  2.44 MB
    Name:  4.JPG
Views: 60
Size:  2.40 MB

I wasn't planning cleaning the dial, as I liked it the way it was. Then minutes later I noticed a spot on it. Appeared from nowhere. I must have dropped a small drop of some cleaning liquid on it, and it dried and left a mark. Now I had to go all the way. Not at all happy about it.
    The result isn't perfect. Actually it's far from my best restorations, but still a cool looking little Mayak.
    Name:  5.JPG
Views: 59
Size:  2.64 MB

It got reunited with it's brothers in the collection.

The Polot was working, but rotor was snapped off, so it went in the spares box. The Zim, though, was a nice surprise. It turned out it's actually a Sportivnie, with a replaced dial. The 17j hacking movement was working perfectly, hacking and all. Broken seconds hand pin, which is quite common. So fragile these things.
    Name:  6.JPG
Views: 58
Size:  2.32 MB

Ivan

I got a small pile of junk this morning for about $10. An antique shop friend got them during the last week.
Size:  2.62 MB

Size:  2.70 MB
Views: 56
Size:  2.44 MB
Size:  2.40 MB

I wasn't planning cleaning the dial, as I liked it the way it was. Then minutes later I noticed a spot on it. Appeared from nowhere. I must have dropped a small drop of some cleaning liquid on it, and it dried and left a mark. Now I had to go all the way. Not at all happy about it.
    The result isn't perfect. Actually it's far from my best restorations, but still a cool looking little Mayak.
Size:  2.64 MB

The Polot was working, but rotor was snapped off, so it went in the spares box. The Zim, though, was a nice surprise. It turned out it's actually a Sportivnie, with a replaced dial. The 17j hacking movement was working perfectly, hacking and all. Broken seconds hand pin, which is quite common. So fragile these things.
Size:  2.32 MB

Ivan
    Not bad at all! And for 10$!!!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Sekondtime View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Odessa200 View Post
    This is sooooo cool. Once in a while I am thinking about starting clocks collection but I manage to control myself. For now. But this is soooo cool.
    Thanks Odessa200. I think that shortly, I am about to shove some temptation your way. I am preparing a new page for my Sekondtime website that may be of interest to you.
    Waiting for it.... 🙂

Btw, I got a bunch of used hands for clocks and alarms. Want them? Drop me a PM. If you are in USA can ship them your way fast.

Sometime back I had posted that I got a Luch. I was hesitant to buy it cause the description was weird, watch was dirty, etc. But the fact that it had an original strap suggested it is all original and the price of 33 gbps convinced me. And I am glad. Very glad. Got it today. All original. Nothing was done to it. Ever. Gilding is intact.
    Some dirt, during the shipment, found its way to the dial but I just blew it off. So far I just cleaned it a bit. Original strap is off. Sorry. I like authenticity but this strap is rather dated, a bit used and faded.... will keep it for collection. For now put on a new vintage black strap. What do you say? Am I lucky or what? 🙂
    Attached Images Attached Images

Some vostoks from the past weeks.
    The first is actually a defrankenzation...
Size:  3.59 MB
Size:  3.36 MB
Size:  3.09 MB

... but the other one was built from almost a scratch. Seller pics:
    Name:  1.jpg
Size:  131.9 KB
    Name:  2.jpg
Size:  134.8 KB

In reality it wasn't better. Even Frida was sceptic about it.
Views: 68
Size:  3.35 MB

To tell you the truth, it took almost all my 119 spares. Finding authentic spares for a tonneau amfibia was not easy at all, especially 2209 crowns and crystals. Had to put new hour/minute hands untill I find authentic ones, or relume the old ones.
Size:  3.67 MB

The original crystal was too cracked. Managed to find an authentic one in a better condition. Still cracked, but not that much. Really like how it blends with the bezel, so cool. Put some silicone for a perfect seal, and this vintage dude is ready for a test shallow dive.
Size:  2.78 MB
Views: 62
Size:  1.49 MB

Ivan

Quote Originally Posted by Odessa200 View Post
    Sometime back I had posted that I got a Luch. I was hesitant to buy it cause the description was weird, watch was dirty, etc. But the fact that it had an original strap suggested it is all original and the price of 33 gbps convinced me. And I am glad. Very glad. Got it today. All original. Nothing was done to it. Ever. Gilding is intact.
    Some dirt, during the shipment, found its way to the dial but I just blew it off. So far I just cleaned it a bit. Original strap is off. Sorry. I like authenticity but this strap is rather dated, a bit used and faded.... will keep it for collection. For now put on a new vintage black strap. What do you say? Am I lucky or what?
    That's one exeptionally good deal! Striking watch, congrats! Yeah, there's some luck you got there, but you kept your eyes open, and made a good decision.
    These elegant 2209 are timeless.
    Ivan

To tell you the truth, it took almost all my 119 spares. Finding authentic spares for a tonneau amfibia was not easy at all, especially 2209 crowns and crystals. Had to put new hour/minute hands untill I find authentic ones, or relume the old ones.

The original crystal was too cracked. Managed to find an authentic one in a better condition. Still cracked, but not that much. Really like how it blends with the bezel, so cool. Put some silicone for a perfect seal, and this vintage dude is ready for a test shallow dive.

Ivan
    Yeaaaa, 2 more watches are back from the trash can... Not bad!

Ivan
    You guys did some amazing job!!!

I just love this Mayak, dial is fantastic, second hand, good find! It's not as common in collections as other more popular brands, and that brings pleasure to own.

A nice guy started a thread recently in Vintage & Pocket Watches forum, you can check out his before & after work at the bottom of the page, he says that he uses some spray paint for chrome cases. And I thought his watch was a lost case!

This is a link :

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f11/wh...5017747-2.html

P.S. Check his wonderful Raketa on first page!
    Kamburov likes this.
    -- Mimi --

Ivan
    Both successful accomplishments. Well done! I am interested in the strap you have on the amphibia. Is it new or repurposed?

Page 35 of 76 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast

Thread Information