Before & After ✨ - Page 40
Like Tree1567Likes

Thread: Before & After ✨

Page 40 of 76 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... LastLast

Re: Before & After ✨

Quote Originally Posted by Odessa200 View Post
    Not bad! I have this Poljot. Here is the photo for the additional color reference. It is a bit of honey color.
    Thank you! That's a great watch you have. I do like it more with the honey color. A bit more clean up on mine , and it should be good to go. Oh, and I have been thinking a bit more about the hands on the Moskva. I really think it's a typo in the catalog. Do you? I think blued hands would show up darker in the picture, and there's no known example that fits the description. It also makes me smile to think that 59 years ago there was a possible typographical error that we are still discussing today!
    Last edited by AaParker; September 5th, 2019 at 21:28.

Quote Originally Posted by AaParker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Odessa200 View Post
    Not bad! I have this Poljot. Here is the photo for the additional color reference. It is a bit of honey color.
    Thank you! That's a great watch you have. I do like it more with the honey color. A bit more clean up on mine , and it should be good to go. Oh, and I have been thinking a bit more about the hands on the Moskva. I really think it's a typo in the catalog. Do you? I think blued hands would show up darker in the picture, and there's no known example that fits the description. It also makes me smile to think that 59 years ago there was a possible typographical error that we are still discussing today! [IMG class=inlineimg]https://forums.watchuseek.com/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif[/IMG]
    Possible. Every such Moscow I was had golden hands 🙂
    AaParker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sekondtime View Post
    I knew you would order it! Disassembling the case is very easy. It can be done in 2 minutes.

Looking forward to seeing a revitalised MIR clock.

Sekondtime
    You were rignt, taking it apart was quite easy. I did so, and then cleaned and polished every single part (yeah, even the alarm hand). Movement is in perfect condition, so I didn't touch that. Painted the hands with some lume+green acryllic paint, to mach the green triangle markers. The lume was for practical reasons, I thought it would be cool seing the time during night. While polishing I was thinking about the colour I would paint the case. The original has been what you call in english "mother of pearl", there was some left on the shady parts of the back case. I really can't duplicate that, so decided on cream or white.
    And then I decided to put it together before painting, just to give myself more time to think. I liked the polished version so much, I'm going to keep it that way for a while, just so I can enjoy it.
    Ivan
    Name:  4.JPG
Views: 68
Size:  2.77 MB
    Name:  5.JPG
Size:  2.46 MB

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Kamburov View Post
    You were rignt, taking it apart was quite easy. I did so, and then cleaned and polished every single part (yeah, even the alarm hand). Movement is in perfect condition, so I didn't touch that. Painted the hands with some lume+green acryllic paint, to mach the green triangle markers. The lume was for practical reasons, I thought it would be cool seing the time during night. While polishing I was thinking about the colour I would paint the case. The original has been what you call in english "mother of pearl", there was some left on the shady parts of the back case. I really can't duplicate that, so decided on cream or white.
    And then I decided to put it together before painting, just to give myself more time to think. I liked the polished version so much, I'm going to keep it that way for a while, just so I can enjoy it.
    Ivan
    Name:  4.JPG
Size:  2.77 MB
    Name:  5.JPG
Size:  2.46 MB
    A five day turnaround from purchase to presentation is impressive. I really need to re-lume the minute hand on my MIR clock as well.

You would need to lacquer the casing if you are going to keep the polished look.

You see, I knew you really wanted to have a go at one of these!

Sekondtime

Quote Originally Posted by Sekondtime View Post
    A five day turnaround from purchase to presentation is impressive. I really need to re-lume the minute hand on my MIR clock as well.

You would need to lacquer the casing if you are going to keep the polished look.

You see, I knew you really wanted to have a go at one of these!

Sekondtime
    I didn't know this is so much fun, but your restoration was inspiring
    I will put some coating eventually, but I was impressed by the solid steel frame of this little watch. It could take some serious buffing! Also impressed by the construction, it's like five easy steps to dissassemble and put back together! Almost like AK-47.
    With the reluming I took an easy short cut. There's a pic
    Name:  6.JPG
Views: 58
Size:  2.30 MB

It's actually an idea you gave me some time ago. Instead of "base" laquer layer I tried a transparent sticky tape, that I cut with the scalpel. The hands are big enough to take it, and the bed is solid enough to take some filling. I left it there, as I was afraid if I pull it out I'll pull the filling with it.
    I think I could reproduce the original filling (there were small pieces left on the hands), but opted for something different, when I realised I can't restore the original look.
    It's a national holiday in Bugaria today, so I had the time on my hands. It's good that my wife has hobbies too, so there's no conflict there
    Ivan
    EndeavourDK and Sekondtime like this.

Just cleaned outside and polished a bit. Cleaned and oiled inside as well. I have posted this watch before as a strange one. The crystal is an experimental one or someone’s creativity. What I can say, based on the dirt/stains inside and outside of the crystal that I can see in the microscope, the crystal was set in place decades ago. I keep this one just as an odd ball 🙂 even used it for a day once...
    Attached Images Attached Images

I remeber your post, and that is one crazy (deffinately unique) dial
    It's worth keeping.
    Ivan

Quote Originally Posted by Kamburov View Post
    I didn't know this is so much fun, but your restoration was inspiring
    I will put some coating eventually, but I was impressed by the solid steel frame of this little watch. It could take some serious buffing! Also impressed by the construction, it's like five easy steps to dissassemble and put back together! Almost like AK-47.
    With the reluming I took an easy short cut. There's a pic
    Name:  6.JPG
Views: 58
Size:  2.30 MB

It's actually an idea you gave me some time ago. Instead of "base" laquer layer I tried a transparent sticky tape, that I cut with the scalpel. The hands are big enough to take it, and the bed is solid enough to take some filling. I left it there, as I was afraid if I pull it out I'll pull the filling with it.
    I think I could reproduce the original filling (there were small pieces left on the hands), but opted for something different, when I realised I can't restore the original look.
    It's a national holiday in Bugaria today, so I had the time on my hands. It's good that my wife has hobbies too, so there's no conflict there
    Ivan
    I think I am inspired to have a go at the hands on my MIR now!

Could someone adress me to a re-luming tuto please? Seeing all your posts is very inspiring!

Quote Originally Posted by thewatchadude View Post
    Could someone adress me to a re-luming tuto please? Seeing all your posts is very inspiring!
    The basic setup with seemingly just white lume;

Part one of two; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyEB2yDBXbM
    Part two of two; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDumHBedBqw
    Kamburov likes this.
    “The more I read & learn, the more I realize how little I know. And even what I think I know, I start to doubt"

Page 40 of 76 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... LastLast

Thread Information