Before & After ✨ - Page 45
Like Tree1567Likes

Thread: Before & After ✨

Page 45 of 76 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast

Re: Before & After ✨

AaParker,
    many thanks. You are very kind to me. But this is a usual work.
    Repair and restore of Russian quartz watches.

One more project. Poljot 3050. Before & After.

Name:  Img 002.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  1.36 MB

Name:  Img 032.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  1.41 MB

Name:  Img 063-1.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  561.2 KB

Name:  Img 028-1.jpg
Size:  478.9 KB

Name:  Img 057-1.jpg
Size:  513.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by -WhiteLion- View Post
    Amazing work, WhiteLion, especially how you cleaned the movement!
    -WhiteLion- likes this.
    -- Mimi --

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by SunnyOrange View Post
    One more project. Poljot 3050. Before & After. [IMG class=inlineimg]https://forums.watchuseek.com/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif[/IMG]
    Amazing work, WhiteLion, especially how you cleaned the movement! [IMG class=inlineimg]https://forums.watchuseek.com/images/smilies/icon_good.gif[/IMG]
    Is this the same movement?

Quote Originally Posted by SunnyOrange View Post
    One more project. Poljot 3050. Before & After. [IMG class=inlineimg]https://forums.watchuseek.com/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif[/IMG]
    Amazing work, WhiteLion, especially how you cleaned the movement! [IMG class=inlineimg]https://forums.watchuseek.com/images/smilies/icon_good.gif[/IMG]
    Is this the same movement? If same then you did great job soldering contacts, I see some parts are replaced... Mow the watch looks good and probably works great!
    -WhiteLion- likes this.

SunnyOrange,
    thank you so much for appreciating my modest efforts. I am very pleased.

Odessa200,
    many thanks. Yes, of course, this is the same movement. Some parts were installed due to the fact that they were not there, some parts were replaced, some parts were cleaned, some parts were soldered. In general, I always do everything that is necessary to restore the ideal working state of a particular instance. As much as possible, I also try to improve / refresh the look of the watch.

Something like this.

I have many repaired / restored watches. I showed already some of them in another thread.

You can see my signature. It should explain some things.
    SunnyOrange likes this.

You are being modest, this is some spectcular work! The ourside clean and polish is what the eyes will see, but the qurtz repair job is nothing short of amaizing! Bravo, comrade!
    I have a couple of non working quartz, never considered attempting repirs, but this is so inspirational, I my consider venturing into new (for me) territory
    Ivan
    -WhiteLion- likes this.

Ivan,
    many thanks for high evaluating my work. But it’s hard for me to somehow treat the repair of quartz in a special way. The fact is that since childhood I have been fond of electronics and are friends with a soldering iron. I am an electronic engineer by education and for many years I was engaged in the repair of consumer electronics in a service center. Therefore, when my passion for electronic watches woke up, I simply transferred my knowledge and experience to this area.
    As elsewhere, here has its own specifics and nuances. It happens that finicky specimens come across. This is especially true for 3055 with balance wheel. The mechanism is complex. And if for a quartz watch with step motor the availability of a working printed circuit board is, roughly speaking, the third part of success. That the same for 3055 - this is about the fourth or even fifth part. And to bring the PCB of 3055 into working condition is much more complicated than, for example, PCB of 3050 or 3056.

I think that bringing a couple of non working quartz watches back to life and learning something new for yourself is a very good idea.

In conclusion, the one more restored Luch 3055. Before & After.

Best regards,
    Sergey.

Name:  Img 002.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  1.31 MB

Name:  Img 032 +.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  1.31 MB

Name:  Img 116 +.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  1.30 MB

Beautiful Luch again! Also these models have very nice dials!
    I will deffinately try myself with quartz at some point. I even got a bunch today for experiments. And not only that.
    I spent about $200 on a lot of watches for restoration today. I don't know how many (more than 150), but the bag weighted more than 4 kg. This is going to be the mother of all restoration projects I ever committed to.
    Name:  1.JPG
Views: 59
Size:  2.55 MB

There's almost everything in this, including a random Poljot and Seiko chronograps. And other cool stuff.
    Name:  2.JPG
Views: 61
Size:  2.67 MB

Name:  3.JPG
Views: 64
Size:  2.70 MB

Name:  4.JPG
Size:  2.57 MB

This is going to be a challenge, but I figured restoring just 10-15 of these was worth spending the cash. Most importantly I will have a lot of fun playing with movements I've never played before.
    There's also a vintage steel case Zenith, that I will service for the friend that sold the lot to me, so that will be interesting too. He just kept the Zenith and a Certina, and passed the rest to me.
    I simply don't know where to start from. Very conusing
    Ivan
    EPK, haha, Avidfan and 6 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamburov View Post
    Beautiful Luch again! Also these models have very nice dials!
    I will deffinately try myself with quartz at some point. I even got a bunch today for experiments. And not only that.
    I spent about $200 on a lot of watches for restoration today. I don't know how many (more than 150), but the bag weighted more than 4 kg. This is going to be the mother of all restoration projects I ever committed to.
    Name:  1.JPG
Size:  2.55 MB

There's almost everything in this, including a random Poljot and Seiko chronograps. And other cool stuff.
    Name:  2.JPG
Views: 61
Size:  2.67 MB

Name:  3.JPG
Views: 64
Size:  2.70 MB

Name:  4.JPG
Size:  2.57 MB

This is going to be a challenge, but I figured restoring just 10-15 of these was worth spending the cash. Most importantly I will have a lot of fun playing with movements I've never played before.
    There's also a vintage steel case Zenith, that I will service for the friend that sold the lot to me, so that will be interesting too. He just kept the Zenith and a Certina, and passed the rest to me.
    I simply don't know where to start from. Very conusing [IMG class=inlineimg]https://forums.watchuseek.com/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif[/IMG]
    Ivan
    OMG. This can last a life time 🙂. For sure a great deal. Enjoy it!
    Kamburov likes this.

Page 45 of 76 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast

Thread Information