Before & After ✨ - Page 47
Like Tree1567Likes

Thread: Before & After ✨

Page 47 of 76 FirstFirst ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... LastLast

Re: Before & After ✨

Quote Originally Posted by Odessa200 View Post
    Nice. This is a next level for me. Or maybe a few levels up . I got 2 of these a few days ago. Did not get them. One to restore and anther for parts if needed. If I am lucky I may end up with both working or none
    I was surprised how quiet this movement ran. I was expecting the old fashion two-bells alarm-clock tick-tock, keeping you awake whole night and scaring the life out of you when the alarm went off. Out of fear, often one was already awake to switch the alarm off before it had a chance to go off
    EPK, -WhiteLion- and AaParker like this.
    “The more I read & learn, the more I realize how little I know. And even what I think I know, I start to doubt"

Today I have completed all work on the repair / restore of one more quartz Poljot 3050. Before & After.

Name:  Img 001 +.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  1.17 MB

Name:  Img 008 +.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  1.35 MB

Name:  Img 092 +.jpg
Size:  1.49 MB

Now they are together.

Name:  Img 125 +.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  1.56 MB

Name:  Img 128 +.jpg
Size:  1.37 MB

Name:  Img 132 +.jpg
Size:  1.54 MB
    Repair and restore of Russian quartz watches.

Very nice! I'm loving these restorations.
    -WhiteLion- likes this.
    Watches were made to seize the day. Carpe diem!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by -WhiteLion- View Post
    Today I have completed all work on the repair / restore of one more quartz Poljot 3050. Before & After.

Now they are together.

Great, Sergey, they look like new now!

It seems like only logo on two watches looks little different, everything else is the same. What I find interesting, is the position of the crown, I haven't seen it before!

Probably more comfortable for hand, than bulging crown.
    AaParker and -WhiteLion- like this.
    -- Mimi --

SunnyOrange,
    many thanks.

You are very attentive. I had not paid attention to this before. But now I saw these differences in the logo designs. They are actually different.

As for the position of the crown, I can not say anything. It does not interfere me when it is located at 3 o’clock position and bulging. It does not interfere me when it is located at 4 o’clock position and recessed. I think this is such a design decision.
    SunnyOrange likes this.

Deleted. Double post.

Not the most impressive restoration but still sharing with you. I wanted to get this watch for my wife for a while. Could not find anything that is restorable. Obviously the movement 1601 is not a problem. But the dial is hard to find. Finally I was able to find 2! One in better shape that the other. Both movements alive. The better dial was sitting on a less perfect movement so swapped them. Now, I have 1 to present and the other one for parts. Here is before and after. I hope you can tell which one is before and which one is after 🙂 what was done:
    1) cleaned the case
    2) cleaned and oiled movement
    3) washed the dial just a bit
    4) polished the crystal
    5) put new strap. Ready to present.

P.s. Btw, if anyone like this watch, there is one on ebay (not mine 🙂 ). When it rains it pours... as soon as I got mine this showed up. Too late for me...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by Odessa200; September 21st, 2019 at 22:07.

Not the most impressive restoration but still sharing with you. I wanted to get this watch for my wife for a while. Could not find anything that is restorable. Obviously the movement 1601 is not a problem. But the dial is hard to find. Finally I was able to find 2! One in better shape that the other. Both movements alive. The better dial was sitting on a less perfect movement so swapped them. Now, I have 1 to present and the other one for parts. Here is before and after. I hope you can tell which one is before and which one is after what was done:
    1) cleaned the case
    4) polished the crystal

P.s. Btw, if anyone like this watch, there is alone on ebay (not mine ). When it rains it pours... as soon as I got mine this showed up. Too late for me...

Nice one, real watch for the Lady, and very good work! The strap colour suits skating figure, all good match.
    I'm sure your wife will like it!

I wish my husband liked watches... just a little, to share some interest, but no...

P.S. Post number 667, just to get away from number of the beast...
    Last edited by SunnyOrange; September 21st, 2019 at 21:56.
    -- Mimi --

Quote Originally Posted by SunnyOrange View Post
    Not the most impressive restoration but still sharing with you. I wanted to get this watch for my wife for a while. Could not find anything that is restorable. Obviously the movement 1601 is not a problem. But the dial is hard to find. Finally I was able to find 2! One in better shape that the other. Both movements alive. The better dial was sitting on a less perfect movement so swapped them. Now, I have 1 to present and the other one for parts. Here is before and after. I hope you can tell which one is before and which one is after �� what was done:
    1) cleaned the case
    4) polished the crystal

P.s. Btw, if anyone like this watch, there is alone on ebay (not mine �� ). When it rains it pours... as soon as I got mine this showed up. Too late for me...

Nice one, real watch for the Lady, and very good work! The strap colour suits skating figure, all good match.
    I'm sure your wife will like it!

I wish my husband liked watches... just a little, to share some interest, but no... [IMG class=inlineimg]https://forums.watchuseek.com/images/smilies/Angry.gif[/IMG]

P.S. Post number 667, just to get away from number of the beast...
    Thank you SunnyOrange! The husband’s love of watches has drawbacks. All these time we spent with them... I am sure your husband has his great qualities!

Thank you SunnyOrange! The husband’s love of watches has drawbacks. All these time we spent with them... I am sure your husband has his great qualities!

I know, and I'm sure many wives go nuts when watch collecting goes out of control, plus time spent, etc. But almost every hobby has this in common.
    The best is to share a hobby (we share cycling, music, etc., but not watches...)
    -- Mimi --

Page 47 of 76 FirstFirst ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... LastLast

Thread Information