Before & After ✨ - Page 49
Like Tree1567Likes

Thread: Before & After ✨

Page 49 of 76 FirstFirst ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... LastLast

Re: Before & After ✨

Quote Originally Posted by Sekondtime View Post
    I agree, a quartz tutorial from Whitelion would be good.

This Raketa must have been a very satisfying transformation. Excellent work as always!

Sekondtime
    Thanks, comrade!
    It's a holiday weekend, and I've been home alone (not counting Frida the cat). So I've been having the time of my life with these little ticking things
    True, sometimes the not so obvious watches give me a lot of joy. Like this Kama, that somehow just happened
    Name:  2.JPG
Views: 54
Size:  1.47 MB
    Name:  1.JPG
Views: 50
Size:  2.98 MB

Otherwise the bigger guys are doing fine too
Views: 53
Size:  4.02 MB
Size:  3.98 MB

There's been a lot of repairs on both. Good thing the soviets produced a lot of stuff, so I can use spares as much as I need
    Ivan

Quote Originally Posted by Kamburov View Post
    Thanks, comrade!
    It's a holiday weekend, and I've been home alone (not counting Frida the cat). So I've been having the time of my life with these little ticking things
    True, sometimes the not so obvious watches give me a lot of joy. Like this Kama, that somehow just happened
Views: 54
Size:  1.47 MB
Size:  2.98 MB

Otherwise the bigger guys are doing fine too
Size:  4.02 MB
Size:  3.98 MB

There's been a lot of repairs on both. Good thing the soviets produced a lot of stuff, so I can use spares as much as I need
    Ivan
    Bravo! You must have a lot of spare parts. You seem to be able to conjure up parts for many different watches.

Quote Originally Posted by Sekondtime View Post
    Bravo! You must have a lot of spare parts. You seem to be able to conjure up parts for many different watches.
    Thanks! Yeah, it's ridiculous, the amount of spares I've accumulated over the years.
    The Kama needed hands, second hand weel (broken pin) and a click spring. The crown is worn but it's the original one.
    The Raketa looks awfull on the before pic, but actually all the parts were in the case. Original crystal deserves a mention. Dial feet and seconds hand were broken, so that took some effort.
    Replaced the crown, but I kinda regret it, so may return the original one.
    Ivan

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Ivan,
    Raketa and Kama - excellent work. Well done!

Quote Originally Posted by Kamburov View Post
    WhiteLion, where have you been all this time I think the forum has been missing a good expert on the soviet quartz. I have only one working - a slava. I also have 2-3 non working but I've given up on them. Just don't have your skills. I think what what you are doing is very cool.
    Generally speaking, I have long been here. Here is my thread. Therefore I did not appear here suddenly out of nowhere.

Unfortunately, there are not so many lovers of Soviet quartz (despite the fact that there are quite a lot of good, interesting and beautiful watches). So I feel like a little black sheep here. But it is not important. I like to do what I do. Everything else is little things.

With your permission, another project of mine, another Luch 3055.

At first, because of the dial, this instance seemed to me hopeless for restore. But I managed to bring the dial to normal appearance. Then everything was easier. All casing elements were washed. I also painted the hands and installed crystal. Of course, the mechanism was repaired, serviced and tuned.

Before (seller's photos) & After.

Name:  5820650650_0-1.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  197.3 KB

Name:  5820650650_1-1.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  197.8 KB

Name:  5820650650_2-1.jpg
Size:  186.3 KB

Name:  Img 055.jpg
Size:  2.75 MB

Name:  Img 074.jpg
Size:  2.59 MB

Name:  Img 077.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  2.59 MB
    EndeavourDK, borgil, haha and 6 others like this.
    Repair and restore of Russian quartz watches.

All excellent and impressive work WhiteLion I had no idea that some of these quartz watches had such elaborate and fine detailed dials.
    Do you buy them always in working condition or some broken? And if broken what's the success rate in getting the electronics back to work?
    I do a bit electronics as a hobby as well and reading all your post I'm getting tempted to have a go ......
    Last edited by EndeavourDK; September 24th, 2019 at 07:56.
    -WhiteLion- likes this.
    “The more I read & learn, the more I realize how little I know. And even what I think I know, I start to doubt"

EndeavourDK, many thanks.

I think you underestimate Soviet quartz watches. They have always been designed and made soundly. And detailing the appearance was not less thought out than that of a mechanical watches.

Almost always, all the watches that I buy are inoperative. It does not matter to me. I make purchases using completely different criteria.
    And if we talk separately about Luch 3055, then if it is not properly serviced, the necessary work is not done with the electronic module, and it is not set up correctly, this watch can be called “in working condition” only conditionally. For me, this is always just a set of details for the next successful project Luch 3055.

I think you can easily try to apply your skills in electronics and in quartz watches. Why not? In this way, you can combine hobby for watches with hobby for electronics. I think it will be very cool.
    Kamburov and EndeavourDK like this.

Intriguing, very intriguing ....... I'm tempting to pull the trigger on this one ($25 incl shipping). Non-working. It clearly has had battery leakage; salvageable ?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by EndeavourDK; September 24th, 2019 at 18:24.
    “The more I read & learn, the more I realize how little I know. And even what I think I know, I start to doubt"

EndeavourDK,
    you put me in an awkward position. I would definitely save, repair and restore this Luch 3055. But I do not know your skills. Therefore, I can’t guarantee that you will do it.
    5-hats likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by -WhiteLion- View Post
    EndeavourDK,
    you put me in an awkward position. I would definitely save, repair and restore this Luch 3055. But I do not know your skills. Therefore, I can’t guarantee that you will do it.
    Thank you for your answer I don't know my own skills either, so we'll have to see ..... Just now I agreed with the seller for $20 including shipping, but something went wrong with the eBay payment. Awaiting till that's sorted and I'll have a new project ..... hopefully to be continued
    Last edited by EndeavourDK; September 24th, 2019 at 21:55.

EndeavourDK,
    $20 for this Luch 3055 is a good price for ebay. And let this project become successful for you.
    EndeavourDK likes this.

Page 49 of 76 FirstFirst ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... LastLast

Thread Information