Before & After ✨ - Page 56
Like Tree1215Likes

Thread: Before & After ✨

Page 56 of 58 FirstFirst ... 6 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Avidfan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EndeavourDK View Post
    BTW, looks like an Amphibian 470 case....
    I'd say it's a post-Soviet 270 Amphibia case [IMG class=inlineimg]https://forums.watchuseek.com/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif[/IMG]
    Quote Originally Posted by EndeavourDK View Post
    I'd say it's a post-Soviet 270 Amphibia case [IMG class=inlineimg]https://forums.watchuseek.com/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif[/IMG]
    Hmmm [IMG class=inlineimg]https://forums.watchuseek.com/images/smilies/think.gif[/IMG] ........ interesting [IMG class=inlineimg]https://forums.watchuseek.com/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif[/IMG]
    Can you explain to us mortals the difference? If there is a size difference than it is easy to check. Also, is it possible it is from the Transition time?

Re: Before & After ✨

Quote Originally Posted by Odessa200 View Post
    Can you explain to us mortals the difference? If there is a size difference than it is easy to check. Also, is it possible it is from the Transition time?
    Here's the forum thread on the 270 case:https://forums.watchuseek.com/f10/my...s-2505754.html the 470 case is Soviet and can easily be found in the usual catalogues and is of quite a different shape....

But I've not seen a 270 with a Soviet-era passport as yet, unless another comrade has one

Here's the forum thread on the 270 case:https://forums.watchuseek.com/f10/my...s-2505754.html the 470 case is Soviet and can easily be found in the usual catalogues and is of quite a different shape....

But I've not seen a 270 with a Soviet-era passport as yet, unless another comrade has one [IMG class=inlineimg]https://forums.watchuseek.com/images/smilies/think.gif[/IMG]
    Thanks. Yes, 270 case.

Btw, this is what the watch looks now. Should I go for a super beater look? 🙂. Even with the cracks all over the watch looks Ok in my opinion. I had ordered a few crystals already. Will see in a month when I get them 🙂
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by Odessa200; 2 Weeks Ago at 21:42.
    missing-link likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks. Yes, 270 case.

Btw, this is what the watch looks now. Should I go for a super beater look? 🙂. Even with the cracks all over the watch looks Ok in my opinion. I had ordered a few crystals already. Will see in a month when I get them 🙂
    No it needs a new crystal, it would look even better with a little paint on the bezel... (a type not often seen btw)

Thanks. Yes, 270 case.

No [IMG class=inlineimg]https://forums.watchuseek.com/images/smilies/laughing.gif[/IMG] it needs a new crystal, it would look even better with a little paint on the bezel... (a type not often seen btw)
    Tried the paint. Did not like it. My red looks pink and black is reddish 🙂. I have a 50 year old hands staining set. Removed the paint. Maybe will do it later with something else. Anyway, order for 3 crystals is placed. Thanks for your moral support team!
    Avidfan likes this.

Wow. Now we found a fatal flow in all Soviet watches. If a Comrade has his watch on the same hand that he uses to drink his vodka shots, he is risking to damage his watch if he spills some of the vodka on them. 🙂. Need to be careful 🙂
    Ha, ha! That's funny...a Russian spill his vodka?!

But I've not seen a 270 with a Soviet-era passport as yet, unless another comrade has one
    Sorry, totally my fault ..... I knew the case number ended on 70, sadly I was only a few hundred off ......
    Avidfan likes this.
    “The more I read & learn, the more I realize how little I know. And even what I think I know, I start to doubt"

Restored Elektronika 59B.

Some time ago, I received this rare watch for repair / restore. The mechanical part of this watch was in non working condition. The electronic part worked, but there were problems with the indication.
    After repair with this watch everything is fine. The mechanical and electronic parts work great. As far as possible, was refreshed appearance.

Before.
    Name:  Img 019.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  1.30 MB

Name:  Img 023.jpg
Size:  1.26 MB

Between.
    Name:  Img 029 +.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  1.18 MB

After.
    Name:  Img 032 +.jpg
Size:  1.28 MB

Name:  Img 042 +.jpg

Name:  Img 061 +.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  1.44 MB

Several parts that were replaced during the repair process.
    Name:  Img 076 +.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  1.15 MB
    borgil, EPK, ZoKet and 6 others like this.
    Repair and restore of Russian quartz watches.

Quote Originally Posted by -WhiteLion- View Post

Some time ago, I received this rare watch for repair / restore. The mechanical part of this watch was in non working condition. The electronic part worked, but there were problems with the indication.
    After repair with this watch everything is fine. The mechanical and electronic parts work great. As far as possible, was refreshed appearance.

Before.

Between.

After.

Like all of your restorations, this one looks fantastic. I do not think I have ever seen that dial before! It looks like 24 hour on the digital. That is really useful! I have to admit, your work has got me looking at Soviet quartz movements in an entirely different way. They are very stylish. Thank you for sharing.
    -WhiteLion- and SunnyOrange like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AaParker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by -WhiteLion- View Post

After repair with this watch everything is fine. The mechanical and electronic parts work great. As far as possible, was refreshed appearance. [IMG class=inlineimg]https://forums.watchuseek.com/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif[/IMG]

Before.

Between.

After.

Like all of your restorations, this one looks fantastic. I do not think I have ever seen that dial before! It looks like 24 hour on the digital. That is really useful! I have to admit, your work has got me looking at Soviet quartz movements in an entirely different way. They are very stylish. Thank you for sharing.
    Second that! I have a few hundreds of mechanicals. Now started alarms. Maybe quartz will be next 🙂
    -WhiteLion- likes this.

Page 56 of 58 FirstFirst ... 6 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 LastLast

Thread Information