The beginning of a little watch collection
Like Tree17Likes
  • 9 Post By kirilshahamov
  • 3 Post By 24h
  • 4 Post By shahrincamille
  • 1 Post By kirilshahamov

Thread: The beginning of a little watch collection

The beginning of a little watch collection

Hello there everyone! I have always loved watches and been curious about the concept of time itself. Now, as I am able to start collecting timepieces I first stumbled upon the amazing and affordable world of russian watches. These are the pieces I managed to get my hands on in the past month.

1: Wostock with a 2214 movement (special thanks to the amazing people in the forum who helped me identify it) with an (at least in my humble opinion) amazing pattern on the dial probably due to humidity and ageing (the movement had to be repaired).Ph: 1,2,3
    2: Zaria (which is a gift for my grandmother who lost hers a few weeks prior) with ,supposedly, a 1509B movement Ph 4
    3: The Alarm clock with my favourite 'tick' Slava 5671 (the movement right next to it is from the same model which I can remember being in my grandparents' bedroom) Ph 5
    4: My personal favourite - Molnija grousse (3602 movement), bought in 1992 in Bulgaria. Ph 6,7

Gesendet von meinem SM-G960F mit Tapatalk

Re: The beginning of a little watch collection

What were your first russian watches? I'll be happy see them .

24h

Hello Kiril, nice to meet you and welcome to the forum!

I'm a bit late to collecting Russian watches...ordered my first during the last month of 2017 and received it in 2018.
    Six months prior I only had one microbrand watch that I quickly parted with

My first one was a Vostok 120509 that I planned to completely mod from the start. I'd say it was a decent job for a beginner!

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  449.0 KB

I'm still interested in modding watches but lately I've taken interest in older (like pre-1995) and USSR era watches.
    Regretfully I don't have many of these in my collection yet!

My YouTube Channel for watch modding and I​nstagram for (mostly) Russian watches

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

My first Russian watch was an Amphibian 670927. I bought it in October 2017. More out of curiosity then anything else

Prior to that I had an ancient Oris Pointer Date 7461 which I wore almost daily, after obtaining it about 2 decades ago.

Then in 2011 (or thereabouts), I bought myself a Cross Palatino CR8008 skeleton watch which thereafter shared wrist time with the Oris, although the latter still got the lion's share of it.

So based on my history with regards to watches, I thought buying the Amphibian should be no big deal, and doubt I would start collecting watches as I had then with fountain pens.

How mistaken can one get. From that one Amphibian, the number grew quickly and at last count last week, there's 77 watches in my watch boxes with another 6 on the way

So yeah... BEWARE of the slippery slope. Never thought I'd go that way with Soviet/Russian watches, but here I am sliding merrily down the chute

I think I'd stop at 100, IF it gets to that number in the first place, of course Sure....that's what you said about fountain pens back then, and now you have more than 400

Shahrin

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using TapirTalk

Quote Originally Posted by 24h View Post
    Hello Kiril, nice to meet you and welcome to the forum!

I'm a bit late to collecting Russian watches...ordered my first during the last month of 2017 and received it in 2018.
    Six months prior I only had one microbrand watch that I quickly parted with

My first one was a Vostok 120509 that I planned to completely mod from the start. I'd say it was a decent job for a beginner!

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  449.0 KB

I'm still interested in modding watches but lately I've taken interest in older (like pre-1995) and USSR era watches.
    Regretfully I don't have many of these in my collection yet!
    Looks hella good!

24h likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shahrincamille View Post
    My first Russian watch was an Amphibian 670927. I bought it in October 2017. More out of curiosity then anything else[IMG class=inlineimg]https://forums.watchuseek.com/images/smilies/think.gif[/IMG]

Prior to that I had an ancient Oris Pointer Date 7461 which I wore almost daily, after obtaining it about 2 decades ago.

Then in 2011 (or thereabouts), I bought myself a Cross Palatino CR8008 skeleton watch which thereafter shared wrist time with the Oris, although the latter still got the lion's share of it.

So based on my history with regards to watches, I thought buying the Amphibian should be no big deal, and doubt I would start collecting watches as I had then with fountain pens.

How mistaken can one get[IMG class=inlineimg]https://forums.watchuseek.com/images/smilies/rodekaart.gif[/IMG]. From that one Amphibian, the number grew quickly and at last count last week, there's 77 watches in my watch boxes with another 6 on the way [IMG class=inlineimg]https://forums.watchuseek.com/images/smilies/banging.gif[/IMG]

So yeah... BEWARE of the slippery slope[IMG class=inlineimg]https://forums.watchuseek.com/images/smilies/laughing.gif[/IMG]. Never thought I'd go that way with Soviet/Russian watches, but here I am sliding merrily down the chute[IMG class=inlineimg]https://forums.watchuseek.com/images/smilies/icon_cool.gif[/IMG]

I think I'd stop at 100, IF it gets to that number in the first place, of course [IMG class=inlineimg]https://forums.watchuseek.com/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif[/IMG] Sure....that's what you said about fountain pens back then, and now you have more than 400[IMG class=inlineimg]https://forums.watchuseek.com/images/smilies/laughing.gif[/IMG]

Shahrin[IMG class=inlineimg]https://forums.watchuseek.com/images/smilies/icon_cool.gif[/IMG]

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using TapirTalk
    You will not stop 🙂. I tried....

Thread Information