Building a watch on Meranom
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Building a watch on Meranom

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Building a watch on Meranom

I asked about it via email and got this link only...

https://meranom.com/amphibian-classic/spare-parts/

There isn't the stuff I want to do my build there. Does that mean I can't do it?

Just want a classic scuba dude in a 090 case and a brushed brass bezel. Maybe blued hands. Oh and a mesh bracelet.

Re: Building a watch on Meranom

Why not just buy an 090 watch from Meranom and a seperate Scubadude dial and do the switch. Alternatively, you can pay $5 and have the swap done for you..

Meranom were selling the blue stock arrow hands up until recently but as you've found out - out of stock. I've noticed they are quite low on cases and hands - bit of a desert.

Komandirskie.com sell mesh bracelets from memory..
    James_ likes this.

Do I put it in a note by email or something after I've bought the stuff needed including the changing parts service?

https://meranom.com/en/amphibian-cla...are-parts.html

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I'm not too sure as I've never done it but I think your right. I think I read a comment on one of the reviews on Meranom asking the same question on how you actually go about it.

On a side note, maybe drop Favinov an Ebay message and see if he could help you with the bezel/hands? He can assemble it all for you too..if you've never dealt with him, he's seems like a nice chap and comes highly recommended by lots here. I've only ever bought the raw off the shelf parts he offers and installed myself but he recently did some white Komandirskie hands mod for a fellow member..he has a back room of things he doesn't sell openly I think so might be worth a shot?
    James_ likes this.

Is he also "customs friendly"?

I've bought a few things from him and never paid import fees..not sure if it's just luck or I was under the threshold as I was only buying some hands etc ..I actually don't know what the tax quota is??

£20 quid or something.

Quote Originally Posted by James_ View Post
    Is he also "customs friendly"?
    In my experience, he is quite friendly in that department.
    James_ likes this.

The product refered on the link they sent you is simply an order for them to replace any parts in your watch for those other parts you include in your order.
    Its basically a $5 fee for replacing the parts.
    So, add the "base" watch to your cart, plus any part you want to replace (dial, bezel, strap, etc), and they will replace them (and send you the original parts also).
    If you want any part thats not in their stock, write to them before and ask. They may have the part and will direct you as to how to include it (usually including a similar part in your order and specifying the change in the comments).
    James_ likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by FernandoFuenzalida View Post
    The product refered on the link they sent you is simply an order for them to replace any parts in your watch for those other parts you include in your order.
    Its basically a $5 fee for replacing the parts.
    So, add the "base" watch to your cart, plus any part you want to replace (dial, bezel, strap, etc), and they will replace them (and send you the original parts also).
    If you want any part thats not in their stock, write to them before and ask. They may have the part and will direct you as to how to include it (usually including a similar part in your order and specifying the change in the comments).
    Oh I thought I could replace the parts without buying the original.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast