Can't see the last post on some threads
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Can't see the last post on some threads

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Off topic Can't see the last post on some threads

On some threads not all l'm not able to see the last post. lt shows up on the main page(pictured below), but when l click on the page it doesn't show. ls this a WUS site problem or is it on my end? l restarted my desktop and it didn't correct it. l even logged into WUS using lnternet Explorer instead of Firefox and had the same problem.

Name:  problem.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  79.2 KB

24h

Re: Can't see the last post on some threads

WUS issue. Probably will get fixed eventually, but I don't have my hopes up because even the "white page" problem on mobile devices hans't been fixed and it has been happening for 1+ year.
    Even watch.ru loads faster than WUS

My YouTube Channel for watch modding and I​nstagram for (mostly) Russian watches

There was a Wus problem. I think DB went down or something midday. Maybe some data got corrupted.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

OK thanks. Now l know there's not something wrong with my desktop.

Last night (well, ~9 hours ago) I had an issue where all the recent posts from the last few days were gone, so when I refreshed the Russian or Affordables forum it showed threads that were last active 3-4 days ago, with the latest posts on all of them being at least 3 days old. Seems to be fixed now.

I've also experienced what you're describing as well, though rarely. This site can be pretty weird at times.

So l assume the double post problem is a WUS issue and not on my end. ls that correct?

24h

Quote Originally Posted by SeikoAutomatic_01 View Post
    So l assume the double post problem is a WUS issue and not on my end. ls that correct?
    Yep

Seems like certain threads are broken. For example the WRUW thread is showing activity from 3 days ago, although I know that there have been multiple posts in it today. Some other threads are updating normally...

My YouTube Channel for watch modding and I​nstagram for (mostly) Russian watches

Mod. Russian, China Mech. Chascomm's Avatar

There are a couple of issues, some current and some the legacy of past issues.

There was a time when the thread branching was not mapping correctly for some member's posts. When viewed in Hybrid mode, the lowest posts on the thread tree are excluded from the page count so can only be viewed by clicking on the post in the thread tree view. This problem has been fixed, but older, larger threads continue to be affected.

Meanwhile we've got the duplicate post problem, which often leads to requests for moderators to delete the duplicates. Deletions may also occur for spam and things like that. If a post is deleted from a thread it continues to be included in the page count, but excluded from the post count (or is it the other way around?). Thus the last few posts on a thread may become accessible only by clicking directly on the post. It's been that way for a long time.

This makes my moderating duties more arduous than they should be, which is why I advocate occasional restarts of mega-threads (e.g. Q&A legit or franken) and avoiding running projects-in-a-thread.
    24h likes this.
    Chascomm
    Moderator, Russian Watches & Chinese Mechanical Watches Forums
    (no, I am not going to list all my watches here)

Quote Originally Posted by SeikoAutomatic_01 View Post
    On some threads not all l'm not able to see the last post. lt shows up on the main page(pictured below), but when l click on the page it doesn't show. ls this a WUS site problem or is it on my end? l restarted my desktop and it didn't correct it. l even logged into WUS using lnternet Explorer instead of Firefox and had the same problem.

Name:  problem.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  79.2 KB

Still the above, for me.

Steve.

Can't access last posts of a discussion either. And i'm afraid I didn't get Chascomm comment??

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information