The correct models of watch for the following Vostok Dials: Russian Space Forces and Desert Shield?
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: The correct models of watch for the following Vostok Dials: Russian Space Forces and Desert Shield?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question The correct models of watch for the following Vostok Dials: Russian Space Forces and Desert Shield?

I have found 3 different variations of Vostok dials for the Russian Space Forces – there’s a modern one currently in use, but here are pics of a couple of the older ones. I have seen these in different models of Vostok Komandirskie, and also Amphibia. Does anyone know please if these dials were used throughout the various different Vostok models available at the time that these dials were produced?

Similarly , I have seen the Desert Shield dial used in various Komandirskie, Generalskie and Amphibia – do we know if this dial was used throughout the various models or are we talking frankens? Were the Desert Shield watches that were given to the American forces involved in this conflict given in just the one model or various models, do we know please?

As always I would be very grateful for any insights you are generous enough to share…
    Last edited by Geoff Adams; June 11th, 2014 at 14:42.

Re: The correct models of watch for the following Vostok Dials: Russian Space Forces and Desert Shie

I have several Desert Shield watches in different configurations.

Were these really "given" to soldiers. I assumed these were interesting tourist watches like the "zakaz" watches.

Re: The correct models of watch for the following Vostok Dials: Russian Space Forces and Desert Shie

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=vo...=sb&gws_rd=ssl

There are many threads on the desert shields ;)

and the space forces too
    Last edited by arktika1148; June 11th, 2014 at 15:54.
    Geoff Adams likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by arktika1148 View Post

There are many threads on the desert shields ;)

and the space forces too
    Many thanks indeed for those links – my google searches certainly weren’t turning some of those threads up, while there are some I have read – yours are better key words I think. Certainly answers some of my questions about the Desert Shield watches. They seem to have been produced in most models of watches right across the board. And yes, they were given to US service personnel who took part in the conflict:

But these threads still don’t answer the question of which models were given to the US forces – was it just one model or a mixture of the ones that were produced by Vostok. I think this question still remains unanswered – unless I am missing something?

There’s lots of info on the second of my pics of the Space Forces watches, which represents the dial and watch model that went into space, however little is revealed about the first example I show, with the BKC inscription at the bottom of the watch. Unless I’m missing something…
    Last edited by Geoff Adams; June 12th, 2014 at 01:59.

The correct models of watch for the following Vostok Dials: Russian Space For...

Hi Geoff. If you do a google search with Vostok and ВКС using Cyrillic characters you might turn up some more. Google translate is your friend
    This method helped me find the background to my СГАЧ watch (Samara State Aerospace University)
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f10/fly...ry-785999.html

and also this one, which I've not previously posted - 50 years of the Mil helicopter factory (now Kazan helicopters) кнпп вертолеты ми:
    http://www.helic-mi.ru/index.php?ln=en
    Check out the logo - same place!

Last edited by OhDark30; June 12th, 2014 at 21:44.
    DO NOT put sales verbiage in your signature.

Re: The correct models of watch for the following Vostok Dials: Russian Space For...

Beautiful watches Kath, thank you! I'll give that a try and if I turn anything up I'll post it up.

Re: The correct models of watch for the following Vostok Dials: Russian Space For...

And I should have said - what incredibly interesting watches too!!! I absolutely love these rare commemorative/presentation watches. Thank you for sharing!

Thanks Geoff!
    I love seeing people's commemorative dials, I've learnt so much from this forum, and trying to puzzle out what's on my own watches
    Looking forward to see what you turn up - good luck!
    Geoff Adams likes this.
    DO NOT put sales verbiage in your signature.

Hey Geoff, the Desert Shields you mentioned are all real. Here is my collection..
    1. 2416b Amphibian
    2. 2409 Komandirskie
    3. 2416b Generalskie
    4. 2414a Amphibian
    5. 2409 Juniors (can you spot the difference?)
    6. 2409 Junior (you can still buy from Meranom)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CameraZOOM-20130511132949084_zpsd69164c7.jpg 
Views:	1194 
Size:	81.0 KB 
ID:	1527770Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CameraZOOM-20130608190543305_zpsaf014eea.jpg 
Views:	1181 
Size:	86.7 KB 
ID:	1527773

Name:	CameraZOOM-20130704153911170_zps82dda8bf.jpg 
Views:	1178 
Size:	100.2 KB 
ID:	1527775Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CameraZOOM-20140209134044149_zpsmo4ppfg8.jpg 
Views:	1115 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	1527777

Name:	CameraZOOM-20130602165714545_zpsb234e4f9.jpg 
Views:	1157 
Size:	134.7 KB 
ID:	1527788Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CameraZOOM-20140209140915925_zpsnp6lpqhv.jpg 
Views:	1171 
Size:	100.3 KB 
ID:	1527789
    Last edited by mp34me; June 16th, 2014 at 07:15.
    smuggled_sheep likes this.
    "Too much time yet not enough time".

What an excellent collection of Desert Shield's Comrade mp3rme - superb! On the Juniors, the hands look slightly different. Could it be that the jaws within which the crowns sit are slightly different too?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information