Views: 28
Size:  566.3 KB
    Dodgydruid likes this.

Re: Demagnetizer

Quote Originally Posted by dfwcowboy View Post
    Name:  dowsing.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  566.3 KB
    See, you would laugh at that but here in the UK utility companies do use diviners and its one of them crazy things that no one knows why it works, but it works O.o We have some roadworks in town to put in new pipes and new tarmac and my daughter saw the bloke in his orange waterproofs and his two bent bits of coat hanger it looked like as the machines can't find the clay type pipes. It restored some faith in my belief that we still live in a world where we know so little.
    rmeron and SuffolkGerryW like this.
    Rather sad, slightly mad 3 wheel van toting cat doting ol' timer...

Years ago I used two welding rods bent into L shape to find water for an outside pump to water my grass. It did work, went down about 15 feet and drilled the hole by hand (I was much younger and in good shape then). I'd die of thirst now if I had to do that again.
    SuffolkGerryW likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Part of me feels so weird using a $10 gadget from China on a $6k watch. Is the worst that can happen that the blue box simply stops working? Or can the watch be damaged in any way from a demagnetizer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello if it’s one of the little blue ones I have de magnetised about 20 watches in the UK all have been fine it is 240v 50 htz in UK in the State’s it’s 120v 60 htz so roughly half as powerful in the US so I have not had a problem but none of my watches are more than £200 value it’s up to you
    If you look on the front label it probably states 120 / 230v the is no electronic switching inside just a simple transformer which it looks like the use one side of the coil yes I had to take it apart just like my watches
    Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by lostinperiphery View Post
    Part of me feels so weird using a $10 gadget from China on a $6k watch. Is the worst that can happen that the blue box simply stops working? Or can the watch be damaged in any way from a demagnetizer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The worst thing that could happen is nothing 🙂
    Seriously, this is quite safe. Remember the old TVs or Computer screens that used tubes? Would you be afraid to approach such screen with a watch? In theory, a watch can become more magnetized. A very reversible process. This is quite safe. All this blue box has inside a small coil that creates a magnetic field. That is all. Btw, if you still have such a TV or screen it can be used to demagnetize a watch. Some even have the Degauss mode that is used to removed ghost images from the screen. Same thing. And 10 $ box, as mentioned, mot strong enough when using with 110 volts and does not materially change anything for a watch.... you may need to use it many times in order to see a result
    Last edited by Odessa200; 5 Days Ago at 17:35.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread Information