Early Raketa production and models - looking for pics and info - Page 2
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Early Raketa production and models - looking for pics and info

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Early Raketa production and models - looking for pics and info

Thanks @Secondtime. I've not seen phd's site , but that's exactly what I'd like. Yes, Google/DuckDuck have limitations.

I guess secondtime talked about this 1961 Petrodvorec brochure. I don't remember where I got it from, and I was surprised it can't be found on sites with catalogues.
    1961 is supposed to be year zero for Raketa brand.
    Raketa is with still produced Rossia, Majak, Neva, Pobeda and Petrodvorec (and electrowatches?).
    Caliber is described as 22mm, 17 jewels, steel ancre
    Name:  1961 Raketa_001.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  317.5 KB
    Name:  1961 Raketa_002.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  285.2 KB
    Name:  1961 Raketa_003.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  280.9 KB
    Name:  1961 Raketa_004.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  186.7 KB
    Last edited by Kamburov; 1 Week Ago at 22:13.
    fla, Ole Juul and Sekondtime like this.

fla

Quote Originally Posted by Kamburov View Post
    I guess secondtime talked about this 1961 Petrodvorec brochure. I don't remember where I got it from, and I was surprised it can't be found on sites with catalogues.
    Raketa is with still produced Rossia, Majak, Neva, Pobeda and Petrodvorec (and electrowatches?).
    I think it's a typo in the brochure, as it should be 26mm/17 jewels - 2609 Россия/ Rossiya cal. instead of the mentioned 22 mm/17 jew. one. It's too early in 1961 for a 2209 Рекорд/Rekord and it's a 22 jewels cal. What could be a 22mm/17 jew.? I know the only one - Poljot 2200, but it's a 2 hands movement. And just to add. They are announcing the models, talking in the future tense: "the following models will be produced".
    Kamburov and Ole Juul like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by fla View Post
    I think it's a typo in the brochure, as it should be 26mm/17 jewels - 2609 Россия/ Rossiya cal. instead of the mentioned 22 mm/17 jew. one. It's too early in 1961 for a 2209 Рекорд/Rekord and it's a 22 jewels cal. What could be a 22mm/17 jew.? I know the only one - Poljot 2200, but it's a 2 hands movement. And just to add. They are announcing the models, talking in the future tense: "the following models will be produced".
    You make some valid points. Maybe they were pushed too hard by the party to bring something up for the occasion. Petrodvorec was one of the best caliber developers, and maybe they planned using something that was eventually dropped.
    Has anyone seen an example of the crab case small models? Case diametre is 26,6mm. I don't know how a 26mm movement would fit in this. They had something in mind, but what exactly is a mistery to me. 2209 prototype? And it's a sweep second hand! Anyone seen any of these models in person? Indeed, I agree with you, looks very much like Rossia's 2609, 16 or 17 jewels.
    Still that brochure may be the first official announcement of the upcomming Raketa brand. Which are the first watches that actually made it to the market, I haven't got a clue.
    Last edited by Kamburov; 1 Week Ago at 00:42.

Wow, that's a great contribution. Now we're getting somewhere. :)
    Kamburov likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Juul View Post
    Wow, that's a great contribution. Now we're getting somewhere. :)
    ... and by old tradition, instead of clearing things up, it gets even more confusing. Why am I not surprised
    Ole Juul and Chascomm like this.

... and by old tradition, instead of clearing things up, it gets even more confusing. Why am I not surprised
    lol Well it's good to get another piece of info, confusing or not. In any case, that brochure does show hands and faces etc., that we will know were at least considered, if not outright being sold, in 1961.
    Kamburov likes this.

fla

You make some valid points. Maybe they were pushed too hard by the party to bring something up for the occasion. Petrodvorec was one of the best caliber developers, and maybe they planned using something that was eventually dropped.
    Has anyone seen an example of the crab case small models? Case diametre is 26,6mm. I don't know how a 26mm movement would fit in this. They had something in mind, but what exactly is a mistery to me. 2209 prototype? And it's a sweep second hand! Anyone seen any of these models in person? Indeed, I agree with you, looks very much like Rossia's 2609, 16 or 17 jewels.
    Still that brochure may be the first official announcement of the upcomming Raketa brand. Which are the first watches that actually made it to the market, I haven't got a clue.
    You are right, the 26.6 mm cases definitely are not intended for 2609 and most probably they are for 2209. But the first PChz watch with 2209 was Record, not Raketa.. As for the cancelled projects in the 60th, i never heard anything apart from 2209 Automatic. Don't you have pages 17 and 22 of the brochure?

Quote Originally Posted by fla View Post
    You are right, the 26.6 mm cases definitely are not intended for 2609 and most probably they are for 2209. But the first PChz watch with 2209 was Record, not Raketa.. As for the cancelled projects in the 60th, i never heard anything apart from 2209 Automatic. Don't you have pages 17 and 22 of the brochure?
    Unfortunately no. I found the source, and it's what Alexandr Brodnikovskii has uploaded on watch.ru in 2013. On the question about the rest of the pages he answers "It's all there is.". It was on the official Raketa site at the time, but I don't see it anymore.
    Alexandr is a member here, maybe he knows more.

Yes, that's it. You saved me the trouble!

Sekondtime

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information