Everything to expect from Vostok factory soon - Page 11
Like Tree757Likes

Thread: Everything to expect from Vostok factory soon

Page 11 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Re: Everything to expect from Vostok factory soon

Quote Originally Posted by Bauta View Post
    I have never seen these before. There are some pretty new ss crowns available on Meranom, but they don't really appeal to me.
    I think those crowns pictured are the new SST ones, same as Meranom is currently selling. The edge bevel seems similar, but they are not the same as the SST crown on the new Neptunes. I have bought a couple of each type of Meranom's new SST crowns to replace the crowns of my collection, so hopefully someone can comfirm as I don't expect delivery until late August.
    Vortic Lancaster & Canton | Vostok Amphibia WUS Slava, Compressor 4, SE 020 Sniper, SE Antarctica, SE 24-Hour, Wave, Radio Room, Captain & Scuba Dude - Neptune SE Silver - Komandirskie '85 Italian 1945 - Retro K-43, Retro 75th | Kirovskie Aqua Crab | Raketa White Kopernik & Compass Rose | Vostok-Design Civilian, Navy & WUS Ratnik | Zeppelin LZ127 Graf Zeppelin | Seiko Blue Alpinist LE, Samurai STOIII, 5 Series | Bulova BVA-Series 120 | Orient Kamasu LE, Ray II, Disk Rainbow | Caravelle Arnold

Quote Originally Posted by Zany4 View Post
    I think those crowns pictured are the new SST ones, same as Meranom is currently selling. The edge bevel seems similar, but they are not the same as the SST crown on the new Neptunes. I have bought a couple of each type of Meranom's new SST crowns to replace the crowns of my collection, so hopefully someone can comfirm as I don't expect delivery until late August.
    Do you mean this crown?
    Name:  Vostok_Ampibia_SS_Crown_71k-01-600x900.jpg
Views: 951
Size:  152.1 KB

This is not the same as the crown posted by Arizone:

Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 1022
Size:  114.8 KB

Those crowns are quite different than the ones available for purchase on Meranom's site right now. I got one for my 710 scuba dude and found that the extremely dull brushing didn't match the case at all and I am back to the stock crown. I would order the crowns Arizone pictured in a heartbeat.

I may try polishing the crown once my second one arrives (ordered it for another watch before the first one arrived). I would hate to waste a cape cod cloth just polishing one crown.
    Bauta likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The wait is killing me. I'm seriously tempted by ordering a SRP773 and waiting for the K39's which will be hopefully released in November.

Name:  head-against-bricke-wallimages.jpeg
Views: 988
Size:  4.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Bauta View Post
    This is not the same as the crown posted by Arizone:

Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 1022
Size:  114.8 KB
    Wow, you are all obviously correct. I think the shiny crown pictured is actually the crown on the new Neptunes (I have a silver one) without the Vostok "B" etching. On the more dull, currently for sale Meranom crown, the brushing may not be brushing at all, but tool marks from the machining process. It might be possible to polish the crown face a little but the scalloped edges would be tough to shine. Maybe a passivation in a weak acid or even citrus juice followed by buffing might do the trick over multiple attempts. Good thing they weren't expensive so I won't feel bad if I damage them or don't use them now.
    Last edited by Zany4; July 22nd, 2016 at 22:44.
    Vortic Lancaster & Canton | Vostok Amphibia WUS Slava, Compressor 4, SE 020 Sniper, SE Antarctica, SE 24-Hour, Wave, Radio Room, Captain & Scuba Dude - Neptune SE Silver - Komandirskie '85 Italian 1945 - Retro K-43, Retro 75th | Kirovskie Aqua Crab | Raketa White Kopernik & Compass Rose | Vostok-Design Civilian, Navy & WUS Ratnik | Zeppelin LZ127 Graf Zeppelin | Seiko Blue Alpinist LE, Samurai STOIII, 5 Series | Bulova BVA-Series 120 | Orient Kamasu LE, Ray II, Disk Rainbow | Caravelle Arnold

Quote Originally Posted by SinanjuStein View Post
    The wait is killing me. I'm seriously tempted by ordering a SRP773 and waiting for the K39's which will be hopefully released in November.

Name:  head-against-bricke-wallimages.jpeg
Views: 988
Size:  4.3 KB
    I'm also pointing at the Seiko Turtle, in my case I was thinking about the PADI limited edition...the problem is that I'm waiting for the NVCh-30, I want to get a Doxa 300T and of course I'm working on the Slava project, PLUS I would like to make a 1967 reissue with paddle hands.

Quote Originally Posted by cuthbert View Post
    I'm also pointing at the Seiko Turtle, in my case I was thinking about the PADI limited edition...the problem is that I'm waiting for the NVCh-30, I want to get a Doxa 300T and of course I'm working on the Slava project, PLUS I would like to make a 1967 reissue with paddle hands.

Too many things at once it seems?

Though not like i can afford it on what they pay soldiers here.

When will the new Komandirskie 86's hit Meranom's site ?

Quote Originally Posted by _MS_ View Post
    Available now:

Komandirskie 861033
    The seller says the case is stainless steel.

What else is he dishonest about?

Page 11 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information