Everything to expect from Vostok factory soon - Page 12
Like Tree764Likes

Thread: Everything to expect from Vostok factory soon

Page 12 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 553
  1. #111
    Member taimurkhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    326

    Re: Everything to expect from Vostok factory soon

    The new 670 case has become available in the SE range of Amphibias and it has a lug width of 20mm. One of the images of the new Amphibias in this thread showed the lug width of the 470 case to be 20mm, although I think the vintage 470 cases were 18mm. I understand that the new amphibia designs may not be finalised, but is it possible that Vostok would reintroduce the 470 case with 20mm lug width, instead of just introducing the 20mm 670 case to the classic amphibia range as well?

  2. #112
    Member Arizone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Seattle, WA, USA
    Posts
    2,275

    Re: Everything to expect from Vostok factory soon

    Quote Originally Posted by taimurkhan View Post
    The new 670 case has become available in the SE range of Amphibias and it has a lug width of 20mm. One of the images of the new Amphibias in this thread showed the lug width of the 470 case to be 20mm, although I think the vintage 470 cases were 18mm. I understand that the new amphibia designs may not be finalised, but is it possible that Vostok would reintroduce the 470 case with 20mm lug width, instead of just introducing the 20mm 670 case to the classic amphibia range as well?
    Sorry, my post labels the new cases as 470, but the new model number is definitely 670 and not 470.

    The 670 is based on old 470 but with a 2mm wider lug width and without sunburst brushing. I expect the 670 to be a straight replacement and that we will not see the 470 model number ever again. The same thing happened when they replaced the 020 with the 420, and so on.
    taimurkhan and Chascomm like this.

  3. #113
    Member cuthbert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    VR, IT
    Posts
    8,016

    Re: Everything to expect from Vostok factory soon

    Quote Originally Posted by taimurkhan View Post
    The new 670 case has become available in the SE range of Amphibias and it has a lug width of 20mm. One of the images of the new Amphibias in this thread showed the lug width of the 470 case to be 20mm, although I think the vintage 470 cases were 18mm. I understand that the new amphibia designs may not be finalised, but is it possible that Vostok would reintroduce the 470 case with 20mm lug width, instead of just introducing the 20mm 670 case to the classic amphibia range as well?
    According to the image posted by Meranom:



    The 670 is bigger than the original 370/470 cases in all directions, I don't have an Albatros at hand at the moment but I remember a 39-40mm watch, and of course the 670 is considerably thicker as it's made for an automatic movement.
    taimurkhan likes this.
    .

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #114
    Member taimurkhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    326

    Re: Everything to expect from Vostok factory soon

    Arizone and cuthbert

    Thank you for the clarification, gentlemen.

  6. #115
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Toscana (Italy)
    Posts
    827

    Re: Everything to expect from Vostok factory soon

    I think it's an overall bigger case than the vintage 470. Looking at the measurements, my guess is that it'll take the wider bezels and the long type crown.
    taimurkhan likes this.

  7. #116
    Member saturnine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Charnel Castle
    Posts
    2,022

    Re: Everything to expect from Vostok factory soon

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt_Bored_O View Post
    The seller says the case is stainless steel.

    What else is he dishonest about?
    Let's not immediately vilify the seller - it's not like they're selling obvious frankens as NOS. They also list original Komandirskies as stainless also. I was going to say they are likely just copy/pasting descriptions without knowing the reality of the case materials; but the descriptions for the different cases are different and generally accurate otherwise. Still may be an honest mistake.

    Quote Originally Posted by cuthbert View Post
    ...and of course the 670 is considerably thicker as it's made for an automatic movement.
    All you need to fit an auto movement into the 470 is the deeper caseback. The 670 case needn't be any deeper; but that's not to say it won't be.

  8. #117
    Member cuthbert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    VR, IT
    Posts
    8,016

    Re: Everything to expect from Vostok factory soon

    Quote Originally Posted by saturnine View Post
    All you need to fit an auto movement into the 470 is the deeper caseback. The 670 case needn't be any deeper; but that's not to say it won't be.
    I doubt that: I have a Soviet 420 case for manual movements and it's considerably thicker than the current 420 for auto movements, even not including the caseback that is deeper as well (the last casebacks from Meranom, for instance the Neptun and the Gagarin, are even deeper with the result I find them uncomfortable)...hopefully this trend will stop, but I suspect the trend for bigger watches and "bigger wrist presence" has something to deal with it.

    The 2414s is 4.14mm thick, while the 2416, is 2.16 thicker, I haven't measured the thickness of a Soviet Komandirskie but it's a nice and flat watch, I would say it's 11mm, the crystal of the Amphibia is thicker but if they were to contain the total thickness down to 15 mm it would be appreciate, alread a 39x15mm watch is quite thick at the wrist.
    .

  9. #118
    Member saturnine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Charnel Castle
    Posts
    2,022

    Re: Everything to expect from Vostok factory soon

    Quote Originally Posted by cuthbert View Post
    I doubt that: I have a Soviet 420 case for manual movements and it's considerably thicker than the current 420 for auto movements, even not including the caseback that is deeper as well (the last casebacks from Meranom, for instance the Neptun and the Gagarin, are even deeper with the result I find them uncomfortable)...hopefully this trend will stop, but I suspect the trend for bigger watches and "bigger wrist presence" has something to deal with it.

    The 2414s is 4.14mm thick, while the 2416, is 2.16 thicker, I haven't measured the thickness of a Soviet Komandirskie but it's a nice and flat watch, I would say it's 11mm, the crystal of the Amphibia is thicker but if they were to contain the total thickness down to 15 mm it would be appreciate, alread a 39x15mm watch is quite thick at the wrist.
    I'm no expert, & perhaps I am misunderstanding you, but below is my 470 case I traded for (I do not know if it is Soviet, I do not know when they stopped producing them), which came with the same caseback (shown below) as modern amphibians. I took the dial & 2416b movement from a modern 710 case and insert it into the 470 case & it fits no differently than in the 710. I will have to measure it's depth tonight.

    Name:  20160608_22373901_zpsngv2d1fe.jpg
Views: 1279
Size:  194.6 KB

    Name:  s-l1600.jpg
Views: 1298
Size:  391.2 KB
    source:
    Watches Parts New Classic Caseback for VOSTOK Amphibia 200 M Original Z59 | eBay
    Last edited by saturnine; August 5th, 2016 at 17:39.
    ThePossumKing and BRad704 like this.

  10. #119
    Member Arizone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Seattle, WA, USA
    Posts
    2,275

    Re: Everything to expect from Vostok factory soon

    Quote Originally Posted by cuthbert View Post
    According to the image posted by Meranom:



    The 670 is bigger than the original 370/470 cases in all directions, I don't have an Albatros at hand at the moment but I remember a 39-40mm watch, and of course the 670 is considerably thicker as it's made for an automatic movement.
    The 470 is 38mm across and 46mm tall, by comparison. I'm guessing this keeps the proportions the same, but I dislike how the flat plane underneath the bezel is exposed.

    Edit: Favinov's diagram above seems to have a weird curve around the sides of the 470, and adds an extra millimeter incorrectly by my eyes. The slope at the end of the lugs is wrong too.
    Last edited by Arizone; August 6th, 2016 at 00:52.

  11. #120
    Member cuthbert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    VR, IT
    Posts
    8,016

    Re: Everything to expect from Vostok factory soon

    Yes it is evident that the bezel is too small for the case, that style is a perfect 39mm diameter and fits the 420SE and the Nepture as a glove but it's evidently too small for a 41mm case, in one of the designs they used the bezel for the 090 but I don't like the effect, I would be needing to find somebody who can remake this bezel:



    In SS and at least 40mm of diameter.

    Also the green numbers are way better than the white ones, however they look "wrong" on the 420SE, I assume when I'll have the Albatros I'll swap the movements.
    .

Page 12 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 55
      Last Post: December 1st, 2015, 02:56
    2. State of the Vostok Factory
      By drbobguy in forum Russian watches
      Replies: 11
      Last Post: December 1st, 2013, 08:06
    3. Vostok watch factory
      By chetwin in forum Russian watches
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: January 29th, 2012, 08:29
    4. A Look Inside the Vostok Factory
      By victorbrunswick in forum Russian watches
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: November 28th, 2011, 09:29
    5. Is somewhere an old thread about Vostok factory papers?
      By michele in forum Russian watches
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: June 15th, 2009, 15:08

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •