Evolution-resurrection of Slava Amphibian Sadko - another watch.ru limited project - Page 12
Like Tree164Likes

Thread: Evolution-resurrection of Slava Amphibian Sadko - another watch.ru limited project

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Re: Evolution-resurrection of Slava Amphibian Sadko - another watch.ru limited project

Quote Originally Posted by Eric M View Post
    That is a wonderfully garbled translation. Can any of our native speakers chime in with a better translation?

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
    clear enough. read it again

Mod. Russian, China Mech. Chascomm's Avatar

Re: Evolution-resurrection of Slava Amphibian Sadko - another watch.ru limited project

Quote Originally Posted by Eric M View Post
    That is a wonderfully garbled translation. Can any of our native speakers chime in with a better translation?
    No worries, I speak Google:

Delays with fixes to some details due to the Chinese New Year. See how things look in March.
    tokareva, Eric M and Horoticus like this.
    Chascomm
    Moderator, Russian Watches & Chinese Mechanical Watches Forums
    (no, I am not going to list all my watches here)

Quote Originally Posted by Chascomm View Post
    No worries, I speak Google:

Delays with fixes to some details due to the Chinese New Year. See how things look in March.
    Thanks. My google fluency is a bit down at the movement due to chronic insomnia. Excited for this to move forward though.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
    Kotsov likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The word "fur" comes up a lot in google translations of the thread. Does anyone know what it refers to? It seems to be case related in most examples. I think the word is actually "мех", but don't quite get what this means in relation to watches.
    tokareva likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by haejuk View Post
    The word "fur" comes up a lot in google translations of the thread. Does anyone know what it refers to? It seems to be case related in most examples. I think the word is actually "мех", but don't quite get what this means in relation to watches.
    Movement (мех is short for "mechanism" and also means "fur").

Well, I just sent the deposit for watch #95. I'm not really sure why though, frankly this has got to be one of the ugliest watches I've ever seen...but these projects are fun and they did a great job on the Kirovskie. It is unusual however and I believe somebody would buy it if I hate it.
    Last edited by tokareva; February 12th, 2019 at 01:38.
    detroie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tokareva View Post
    Well, I just sent the deposit for watch #95. I'm not really sure why though, frankly this has got to be one of the ugliest watches I've ever seen...but these projects are fun and they did a great job on the Kirovskie. It is unusual however and I believe somebody would buy it if I hate it.
    LOL. It's quite a bruiser as well, looks like it could give a 1967 a run for it's money. Still, like you said if you don't like it the project watches usually are easy to flip.
    tokareva likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergfour View Post
    LOL. It's quite a bruiser as well, looks like it could give a 1967 a run for it's money. Still, like you said if you don't like it the project watches usually are easy to flip.
    I hope that I like it, almost looks like it could be a Klingon or Vulcan watch.

EDIT: I just now found these pics, so I take back what I said about it being an ugly watch. I didn't realize how big it would be... if it turns out like this it will look amazing. I'm very excited now!
    Name:  Sadko2-1.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  33.6 KBName:  Sadko1.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  58.7 KB
    Last edited by tokareva; February 12th, 2019 at 07:55.
    RFollia and Kotsov like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tokareva View Post
    I hope that I like it, almost looks like it could be a Klingon or Vulcan watch.

EDIT: I just now found these pics, so I take back what I said about it being an ugly watch. I didn't realize how big it would be... if it turns out like this it will look amazing. I'm very excited now!
    Name:  Sadko2-1.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  33.6 KBName:  Sadko1.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  58.7 KB
    Wow! You can kill somebody with that. Was not very convinced but, as an image is worth far more than 1,000 words, I a m very satisfied to be in the project. Keep on!
    tokareva and Kotsov like this.

One more, the bezel and shape of the case look great in this one.Name:  Sadko5-1.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  32.9 KB
    Kotsov likes this.

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread Information