Evolution-resurrection of Slava Amphibian Sadko - another watch.ru limited project - Page 14
Like Tree176Likes

Thread: Evolution-resurrection of Slava Amphibian Sadko - another watch.ru limited project

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Re: Evolution-resurrection of Slava Amphibian Sadko - another watch.ru limited project

Are they really going to make 300? More than half the slots are still available.

Re: Evolution-resurrection of Slava Amphibian Sadko - another watch.ru limited project

Is it my imagination or do some of the numbers selected on the spreadsheet seem a little unusual? It seems like typically most want a lower number, but many have chosen much higher numbers for some reason. Personally I don't care what the number is but try to get one relatively low that still sounds good ,like 95 for example. I can understand the interest in some of the higher numbers like 200, 250,275, 299, 300, etc. but some of them I don't get.
    Last edited by tokareva; March 5th, 2019 at 00:40.

I'm still on the fence with the Sadko for the same reason I am with a 1967, the size. I am tempted by both (also the Compressor) but I don't want a watch only because it's limited. I want to wear it and be comfortable with how it looks on the wrist, etc. My willpower is weak and I may come around still...
    tokareva likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Fergfour View Post
    I'm still on the fence with the Sadko for the same reason I am with a 1967, the size. I am tempted by both (also the Compressor) but I don't want a watch only because it's limited. I want to wear it and be comfortable with how it looks on the wrist, etc. My willpower is weak and I may come around still...
    I was sold on the idea after I found out they are making an exact replica of the original instead of something that just looks similar.
    Last edited by tokareva; March 5th, 2019 at 01:41.
    Fergfour and XsiOn like this.

I hope they make the 300 and wish the project is successful. In the beginning, I said to myself "no way", but the Sadko has grown on me, when I saw it alongside the brass 1967 and in a wrist shot...

Best regards
    tokareva and Danilao like this.

I cannot remember when I read “that’s the ugliest watch I’ve ever seen ...”

That’s why we must have one, amazing stance!
    tokareva, XsiOn and Danilao like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tokareva View Post
    Is it my imagination or do some of the numbers selected on the spreadsheet seem a little unusual? It seems like typically most want a lower number, but many have chosen much higher numbers for some reason. Personally I don't care what the number is but try to get one relatively low that still sounds good ,like 95 for example. I can understand the interest in some of the higher numbers like 200, 250,275, 299, 300, etc. but some of them I don't get.
    And in my opinion this is great. It is not meant to understand everything... and isn't it amazing that so many totally different people with many different motives can support this one single project. I just love it.
    tokareva likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tokareva View Post
    I was sold on the idea after I found out they are making an exact replica of the original instead of something that just looks similar.
    They aren't really making an exact replica if they aren't using an acrylic crystal. I wonder what's stopping them. I would like to use an acrylic crystal, but if not I would want sapphire.
    XsiOn and tokareva like this.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeOrange View Post
    They aren't really making an exact replica if they aren't using an acrylic crystal. I wonder what's stopping them. I would like to use an acrylic crystal, but if not I would want sapphire.
    Well that's true, I was specifically referring to the case dimensions and dial, but I hope they go with acrylic if that's the original lens material. I wonder how hard it would be to get it replaced with acrylic if they do go with something else.

Quote Originally Posted by XsiOn View Post
    And in my opinion this is great. It is not meant to understand everything... and isn't it amazing that so many totally different people with many different motives can support this one single project. I just love it.
    I have a bit of OCD involving over analyzing things that usually have no significance.
    Last edited by tokareva; March 5th, 2019 at 23:09.
    XsiOn likes this.

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread Information