Evolution-resurrection of Slava Amphibian Sadko - another watch.ru limited project - Page 15
Like Tree156Likes

Thread: Evolution-resurrection of Slava Amphibian Sadko - another watch.ru limited project

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast
    I thought I read proprietary mineral crystal in an earlier post. Can’t see sapphire as an option with the cost. I’d be good with acrylic too. If it was good enough then, it’s good enough now.

Seems acrylic flex is what helps with depth rating so not sure a stiffer crystal material is that desired unless people are really gonna beat on these things and see more scratches than from just desk diving. Polywatch is our friend.
    tokareva and XsiOn like this.
    Vortic Lancaster & Canton | Vostok Amphibia WUS Slava, Compressor 4, SE Antarctica, SE 24-Hour, Wave, Radio Room, Captain & Scuba Dude - Neptune SE Silver - Komandirskie '85 Italian 1945 - Retro K-43 | Kirovskie Aqua Crab | Raketa White Kopernik & Compass Rose | Vostok-Design Civilian, Navy & WUS Ratnik | Zeppelin LZ127 Graf Zeppelin | Seiko Blue Alpinist LE, 5 Series | Bulova BVA-Series 120 | Orient Ray II, Disk Rainbow | Caravelle Arnold

Re: Evolution-resurrection of Slava Amphibian Sadko - another watch.ru limited project

Quote Originally Posted by Zany4 View Post
    I thought I read proprietary mineral crystal in an earlier post. Can’t see sapphire as an option with the cost. I’d be good with acrylic too. If it was good enough then, it’s good enough now.

Seems acrylic flex is what helps with depth rating so not sure a stiffer crystal material is that desired unless people are really gonna beat on these things and see more scratches than from just desk diving. Polywatch is our friend.
    You’re right ... may I suggest to try to build a replica, no (too) shiny hands, no perfect lume, no mirror polish case... a soviet looking watch !
    Congrats on all the contributors
    Philippe
    Last edited by philippeF; March 6th, 2019 at 23:04.
    Kotsov and tokareva like this.

Re: Evolution-resurrection of Slava Amphibian Sadko - another watch.ru limited project

Not sure about that :)

Let’s keep it in the spirit of things without it looking too homemade. Times have moved on a bit.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I prefer acrylic, it can always be polished and cheaper to replace. Moreover, I prefer the idea of a replica, but I will be ok with whatever agreement is reached, as long as we have our sadko's

Evolution-resurrection of Slava Amphibian Sadko - another watch.ru limited project

I agree with comrade RFollia: better the plexi than mineral glass. In addition to what he has said, its glow is warmer and it ages much better. I would prefer a replica too, but I will accept whatever is decided there.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    Last edited by Nearco; March 10th, 2019 at 07:41.

is this confirmed to have sadko with gusli on back?

Quote Originally Posted by taike View Post
    is this confirmed to have sadko with gusli on back?
    I backed the project no matter what, but I had asked the same question.

No definitive answer other than they are trying to make it as close to the original as possible.

Hopefully it can be laser marked if it can’t be physically engraved or embossed...
    Kotsov likes this.
    Vortic Lancaster & Canton | Vostok Amphibia WUS Slava, Compressor 4, SE Antarctica, SE 24-Hour, Wave, Radio Room, Captain & Scuba Dude - Neptune SE Silver - Komandirskie '85 Italian 1945 - Retro K-43 | Kirovskie Aqua Crab | Raketa White Kopernik & Compass Rose | Vostok-Design Civilian, Navy & WUS Ratnik | Zeppelin LZ127 Graf Zeppelin | Seiko Blue Alpinist LE, 5 Series | Bulova BVA-Series 120 | Orient Ray II, Disk Rainbow | Caravelle Arnold

No definitive answer other than they are trying to make it as close to the original as possible.

Hopefully it can be laser marked if it can’t be physically engraved or embossed...
    I agree but embossing would be much more preferable?

Quote Originally Posted by Kotsov View Post

I agree but embossing would be much more preferable?
    Embossing would be awesome, but that might need a lot of costly tooling to produce. Engraving should be possible and a lot more “permanent” than laser marking. Salt water might corrode laser marking over time even if we’ll passivated during finishing.

First post in 2 weeks on watch.ru regarding the Sadko. Read into it what you will:

"We thought to do this summer, but I feel it will not work. Without drawings everything is difficult.
    There is no solution for the rest. Therefore, I am silent, this is secondary for the time being.
    Phosphor luminous, simple. green. Or white and green. In short, the standard.
    The man is now at the production left, waiting for news from him.
    The main task now is to make arrows and tsifer. To set everything right and in place."
    tokareva and Kotsov like this.

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread Information