Evolution-resurrection of Slava Amphibian Sadko - another watch.ru limited project - second topic - Page 3
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: Evolution-resurrection of Slava Amphibian Sadko - another watch.ru limited project - second topic

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Mod. Russian, China Mech. Chascomm's Avatar

Re: Evolution-resurrection of Slava Amphibian Sadko - another watch.ru limited project - second topi

It is not really necessary to report your payments on this thread. This forum is not the one who is hosting this project.
    XsiOn likes this.
    Chascomm
    Moderator, Russian Watches & Chinese Mechanical Watches Forums
    (no, I am not going to list all my watches here)

Re: Evolution-resurrection of Slava Amphibian Sadko - another watch.ru limited project - second topi

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeOrange View Post
    So we are using a regular mineral crystal instead of the acrylic crystal? And the whole case is being manufactured in China?
    It will be a mineral K1 or K2 crystal.

It seems very unfortunate that a different lens material will be used, when there has been so much attention to detail on creating an exact replica of the original.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by tokareva View Post
    It seems very unfortunate that a different lens material will be used, when there has been so much attention to detail on creating an exact replica of the original.
    Personally I do not mind a different material for the lens. I am sure it will be a different material for the body as well. It will be some kind of Chinese steel and not a Soviet made. Probably parameters of that steel will be different.

Quote Originally Posted by Odessa200 View Post
    Personally I do not mind a different material for the lens. I am sure it will be a different material for the body as well. It will be some kind of Chinese steel and not a Soviet made. Probably parameters of that steel will be different.
    Well, that is a good point. It should still be a very special piece regardless, and more unique than almost any other watch.

I'm having some fairly large expenses lately and the timing to pay for the watch is terrible , but I had to get it when I looked at the pictures of the real version.

Name:  Sadko2-1.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  33.6 KB

Name:  Sadko5-1.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  32.9 KB

Name:  Sadko1.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  58.7 KB
    Last edited by tokareva; December 20th, 2019 at 09:28.
    thewatchadude, stevarad and Kotsov like this.

Valley of the three forks of the wolf. Canada

>>I'm having some fairly large expenses lately and the timing to pay for the watch is terrible , but I had to get it when I looked at the pictures of the real version.

Yes it's a terrible time to want money; I think that the Electronica project also wants money soon.
    Just sent my $280. to Sadko. Guess the kids can get presents next year.
    tokareva likes this.

Comrades, I found a fairly interesting article about Sadko here.

https://kingowatch.livejournal.com/84954.html

Apparently the seller describes the watch as blued steel. It does show pitting on the back of the case. Is it possible that the watch is not stainless?

Name:  105643_600.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  76.1 KB

Name:  105065_600.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  50.4 KB

Thanks for sharing. Maybe someone blackened one. Or 2 variations were made. But the last photo shows steel color as far as I see.
    tokareva likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sorcer View Post
    Hello comrades!

First topic was closed due to misbehaviour of one member, which is a great shame. I would appreciate if you could behave properly, so that the topic will not be closed again.

First topic is here - https://forums.watchuseek.com/f10/ev...t-4799485.html

I would like to draw your attention to the following fact.

During the chase for 3d drawings of the movement, our organisers on watch.ru were contacted by a person, who claimed that he applied to register a trademark 'Sadko' in Russia. While it is difficult to understand the legal nature of his claim, he threatened to bring a criminal complaint in case we are going to print Sadko anywhere on the watch.

We are currently discussing this internally but it is highly possible we will continue with the project, however we may do it without Sadko inscription.

Do let your thoughts here.

I think you are talking about me. Bumping a thread isn't really bad behaviour on most sites.

Not a nice place here tbh.

Paid for both. Great to see this going ahead.
    tokareva likes this.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information