Evolution-resurrection of Slava Amphibian Sadko - another watch.ru limited project - second topic
Like Tree100Likes

Thread: Evolution-resurrection of Slava Amphibian Sadko - another watch.ru limited project - second topic

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Evolution-resurrection of Slava Amphibian Sadko - another watch.ru limited project - second topic

Hello comrades!

First topic was closed due to misbehaviour of one member, which is a great shame. I would appreciate if you could behave properly, so that the topic will not be closed again.

First topic is here - https://forums.watchuseek.com/f10/ev...t-4799485.html

I would like to draw your attention to the following fact.

During the chase for 3d drawings of the movement, our organisers on watch.ru were contacted by a person, who claimed that he applied to register a trademark 'Sadko' in Russia. While it is difficult to understand the legal nature of his claim, he threatened to bring a criminal complaint in case we are going to print Sadko anywhere on the watch.

We are currently discussing this internally but it is highly possible we will continue with the project, however we may do it without Sadko inscription.

Do let your thoughts here.

Re: Evolution-resurrection of Slava Amphibian Sadko - another watch.ru limited project - second topi

"Sadko (+year of first production) homage" would be legaly ok for example in most legal systems.

Послато са SM-N950F помоћу Тапатока
    tokareva likes this.

I had proposed there to use Содко or Сотко. This character is from ancient Russian fairytales and spelling can be quite different. It is believed that the prototype of this character was called
    «Содко Сытинець» or «Сотко Сытиничь».

Anyway, lets see what happens. If you are part of this project, go and cast your vote to continue it.

Cheers
    stevarad and tokareva like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Re: Evolution-resurrection of Slava Amphibian Sadko - another watch.ru limited project - second topi

UPDATE

After discussions here is what has been decided. Dials will be made with holes, which will be used to attach a plate with the name. There will also be a spare blank plate, so it can easily be inscribed with anything you want and swaped.

Quote Originally Posted by sorcer View Post
    UPDATE

After discussions here is what has been decided. Dials will be made with holes, which will be used to attach a plate with the name. There will also be a spare blank plate, so it can easily be inscribed with anything you want and swaped.
    I do not think it is decided yet (cause many people will object getting a watch that will require finishing up). But yes, this is one of the proposals. I would rather get a dial w/o a name and no holes so it can be used as is.
    XsiOn likes this.

I think it's ridiculous that somebody threatens to sue for items made personal consumption. I say make the Sadko dial and let him try to claim damages. What damages? No lawyer would take such a stupid case.
    Last edited by tokareva; October 28th, 2019 at 01:54.
    Wolfsatz likes this.

Hi all,

If I understood right, there was a meeting with represents of 2MChZ, to discuss the project.
    As a result, the technical drawings necessary were given to the project.
    Also a problem with the name was solved, 2MChZ permits use of "Sadko".

If I didn't understand right, maybe somebody from our Russian-speaking forum members will be more specific.

Regards, Miro.
    Chascomm and tokareva like this.

Quote Originally Posted by miroman View Post
    Hi all,

If I understood right, there was a meeting with represents of 2MChZ, to discuss the project.
    As a result, the technical drawings necessary were given to the project.
    Also a problem with the name was solved, 2MChZ permits use of "Sadko".

If I didn't understand right, maybe somebody from our Russian-speaking forum members will be more specific.

Regards, Miro.
    You got it. Basically parties had reached a positive agreement. The project will continue as before. Hopefully this was the last hurdle in the process and soon we will have our watches.

Btw, 2mchz Slava is also considering a remake of Sadko of some sort so there will be one more alternative for us to consider when it becomes available.
    tokareva, stevarad, borgil and 2 others like this.

Great news comrades, thanks to you all for the updates.

Hello gents!

Don't worry, the project is still alive and running. We have received 3D drawings from the factory. I tried my best to translate the description but do let me know if anything does not make sense.

I attach a PDF file of all the drawings.

Scheme.pdf

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast