Is Favinov still on business?

Thread: Is Favinov still on business?

Is Favinov still on business?

Iíve been trying to get in touch with Favinov for a while. Iíve tried 3 different ways:
    his email, his web form and his Ebay shop.

He has not replied yet.

Favinov made a full service to my Vostok. After the service the watch is not fine. Its getting worst and worst, (35 sec/d slow, some times 40 or 50, some times 40/50 sec fast, power reserve does not charge, some times just stop working).
    I told Favinov all this, he said will fix it for free of charge. He told me to try full wind up every 2 days. But it doesn't work, the watch is getting worst.
    When I am trying to get in touch with Favinov to send it, he just doesnít reply and I got a watch I can not wear it (after full service).

Can you post a photo of the watch? Custom hands? When you say 50 sec, are you looking at the Seconds hand only or the Minute hand is off by 1 min as well? When you say ‘stops’: the watch stops ticking or the second hand stops moving?
    Last edited by Odessa200; 1 Week Ago at 17:30.

I am sure he is. But, I know that he is moving (his business) and might be a bit busy. I wouldn't worry.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Re: Is Favinov still on business?

I purchased from him recently so yeah, he is

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

When the full service was done, also custom hands were installed.
    The hands works fine. Its the movement the problem. When its 50 sec slow (or fast) the minute hand is off by 1 min as well. So there is not problem with the hands.

My watch stop ticking, completely dead, (just few hours after full wind). so the hands doesnít move.
    Its all wrong, and not worth to wear it until is properly fix it.

Just to let you all know. After my post here, I just got a reply from Favinov, actually from Sergey.
    Just to tell me his master has died and are looking for a new master.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciro View Post
    When the full service was done, also custom hands were installed.
    The hands works fine. Its the movement the problem. When its 50 sec slow (or fast) the minute hand is off by 1 min as well. So there is not problem with the hands.

My watch stop ticking, completely dead, (just few hours after full wind). so the hands doesn’t move.
    Its all wrong, and not worth to wear it until is properly fix it.

Just to let you all know. After my post here, I just got a reply from Favinov, actually from Sergey.
    Just to tell me his master has died and are looking for a new master.
    Sorry to hear about the Master although I never met him or used his services. RIP

I would not rule out hands that fast. Hands can cause issues in different ways: slipping or hitting each other or dial or glass. I guess this is not this case. But even if properly installed, I bet the hands are BIG. Cause everyone loves BIG hands with 20 grams of lume on them so it serves as a night lamp... 🙂. This Vostok movement has a rather delicate second hand drive train. It can actually stop the movement if the second hand is too big or not balanced well.

That is sad. Sorry to hear about the Master. He did a nice job radially brushing a 710 case and fully brushing a 100 case for me.

My friend sent me an email which said "When I talked to Sergey he has told me that for more complex projects he has a master watchmaker to which he outsources his jobs. I guess this master watchmaker of his has finally passed away."

Quote Originally Posted by Odessa200 View Post
    Sorry to hear about the Master although I never met him or used his services. RIP

I would not rule out hands that fast. Hands can cause issues in different ways: slipping or hitting each other or dial or glass. I guess this is not this case. But even if properly installed, I bet the hands are BIG. Cause everyone loves BIG hands with 20 grams of lume on them so it serves as a night lamp... 🙂. This Vostok movement has a rather delicate second hand drive train. It can actually stop the movement if the second hand is too big or not balanced well.
    I am not a watchmaker, so I can not certify the hands are not the problem. But I guess they are not.
    The hands are Favinovís custom hands. It was his idea to install it. If I am not mistaken, he designed and made it specifically for the Amphibia and this movement. So I guess it should not cause problem of weight, balance, etc.
    the hands donít touch each other. My watch just stop ticking, even few hours after full wind.

Before the full service the power reserve was great. With out wind up, just wearing it, my watch power reserve was 41 hours. After the full service, even with full wind up, the power reserve is ridiculously low.

About Favinov, sorry to hear the master is gone.
    About the business, communication is very poor with current customers. I still donít know Ďifí they guarantee their job and will fix my watch.Name:  IMG_20180920_183421_HDR.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  775.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Ciro View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Odessa200 View Post

I am not a watchmaker, so I can not certify the hands are not the problem. But I guess they are not.
    The hands are Favinov’s custom hands. It was his idea to install it. If I am not mistaken, he designed and made it specifically for the Amphibia and this movement. So I guess it should not cause problem of weight, balance, etc.
    the hands don’t touch each other. My watch just stop ticking, even few hours after full wind.

Before the full service the power reserve was great. With out wind up, just wearing it, my watch power reserve was 41 hours. After the full service, even with full wind up, the power reserve is ridiculously low.

About Favinov, sorry to hear the master is gone.
    About the business, communication is very poor with current customers. I still don’t know ‘if’ they guarantee their job and will fix my watch.Name:  IMG_20180920_183421_HDR.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  775.8 KB
    The hands are bigger but nothing outrageous. So I tend to agree, probably not hands. I doubt we can guess it like this. See if you can send it back for a service.

Thread Information