Franken of The Day? - Page 2

Thread: Franken of The Day?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by art1118 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SunnyOrange View Post
    I don't think I've ever bought anything from the seller who doesn't accept returns. So I don't know how refunds and returns function in those cases.

Happened to me once that the buyer complained about too long shipping time, said the package was most likely lost and demanded a refund which he got, but also got the package few days later. After that I reported him to Ebay (false claim) and he returned items to me.
    I blocked him so he can no longer buy anything from me.

I think Ebay keeps the track of how many refunds you have asked.
    Yes, I am sure they keep track of refunds. What bothers me is that sellers make no attempt to make sure that the watch they are offering is really working! My refunds have mostly involved Slava CCCP quartz watches. They all say"needs battery", without checking if the watch will really run with a new battery, or if the contact arms are present! Not sure why so many of these Slava movements will not run with a new battery. The movements all appear to be in good condition. Anyone have any ideas?
    True. With quartz you need to at least put the battery in to test. I bought ‘working’ mechanical clocks that have missing parts in them. Obviously such clock cannot possibly work... or well. People cheat. Good thing is that not many people cheat.

Re: Franken of The Day?

Quote Originally Posted by art1118 View Post
    Yes, I am sure they keep track of refunds. What bothers me is that sellers make no attempt to make sure that the watch they are offering is really working! My refunds have mostly involved Slava CCCP quartz watches. They all say"needs battery", without checking if the watch will really run with a new battery, or if the contact arms are present! Not sure why so many of these Slava movements will not run with a new battery. The movements all appear to be in good condition. Anyone have any ideas?
    They either think that quartz movements always run with battery and need no checking, or they just don't care what they sell. Unfortunately, I have no Slava quartz watch, so I don't know how reliable these movements are.

I have some old watches from my dad, with Japanese quartz movements, which surprised me when, after ages, they started to work after I put new batteries.

Maybe in watches you bought old batteries leaked and made some damage?

Quote Originally Posted by Odessa200 View Post
    True. With quartz you need to at least put the battery in to test. I bought ‘working’ mechanical clocks that have missing parts in them. Obviously such clock cannot possibly work... or well. People cheat. Good thing is that not many people cheat.
    Luckily, yes. Also in many cases people are irresponsible or lack knowledge for right description.
    I think there is much more cheating when bigger money is involved.
    -- Mimi --

Most of the time, when a quartz watch is listed as "don't know if works", it means it doesn't work. Especially for vintage slavas. It's not that hard sticking a battery and see what happens. So the "don't know" part is usually a selling tactic.
    I have some really well preserved cosmetically Slava, that I don't know if they work

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

fla

Quote Originally Posted by Kamburov View Post
    Most of the time, when a quartz watch is listed as "don't know if works", it means it doesn't work. Especially for vintage slavas. It's not that hard sticking a battery and see what happens. So the "don't know" part is usually a selling tactic.
    I have some really well preserved cosmetically Slava, that I don't know if they work
    That's true for the most of 3050, 3056, 3056A quartz, no matter the brand.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information