Franken of The Day?

Thread: Franken of The Day?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Franken of The Day?

I have always wanted to own this watch, but could not find one in good condition, at the right price. Not sure why I bought this! What's wrong with it - fake/printed dial, wrong hands, wrong case, etc? Is it really a Pobeda case?

Name:  W2.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  1.66 MB

Mod. Russian, China Mech. Chascomm's Avatar

Re: Franken of The Day?

Looks like a ZiM case to me. At the very least it is Soviet.
    Chascomm
    Moderator, Russian Watches & Chinese Mechanical Watches Forums
    (no, I am not going to list all my watches here)

fla

Yes, it's a ZIM from 80th with a fake/reprinted dial. All other is fine with the watches. The dial is made more or less similar to a vintage Vostok 2603 "Friendship with China" one.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by art1118 View Post
    I have always wanted to own this watch, but could not find one in good condition, at the right price. Not sure why I bought this! What's wrong with it - fake/printed dial, wrong hands, wrong case, etc? Is it really a Pobeda case?[IMG class=inlineimg]https://forums.watchuseek.com/images/smilies/rodekaart.gif[/IMG]

Name:  W2.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  1.66 MB
    As people above mentioned, it is all fake. Nothing is right with it. But there is a good part: the fake dial is made in Russian. Not in China. Why? It has a spelling mistake! 🙂. Whoever was faking it could not even copy the text... sad.
    Sorry you got caught. Return, sell, or use for parts.

fla

Quote Originally Posted by Odessa200 View Post
    As people above mentioned, it is all fake. Nothing is right with it. But there is a good part: the fake dial is made in Russian. Not in China. Why? It has a spelling mistake! 🙂. Whoever was faking it could not even copy the text... sad.
    When i said about friendship with China, i meant the Vostok dial called "Дружба с Китаем"/Friendship with China. I don't know where the dial has been repainted.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by fla View Post
    When i said about friendship with China, i meant the Vostok dial called "Дружба с Китаем"/Friendship with China. I don't know where the dial has been repainted.
    Yes, we got it. What you listed is the correct dial.

Yes, I returned the watch today for a FULL REFUND. Seller did not take back returns. However, I clicked on Return This Item, and seller agreed to return and refund. This could be the subject of a separate thread about how eBay doesn't work, favors buyers, etc. Recently I bought several watches from different sellers, all did not take back refunds. Watches did not work, and clicked "magic button"'. In all cases buyers did not want to take back, so I let eBay take over. Within days eBay refunded my money, AND let me keep the watches! The watches were in the +-$20.00 range. I am not sure what happens when the item is more expensive. Anyone else have this happen?

Quote Originally Posted by art1118 View Post
    Yes, I returned the watch today for a FULL REFUND. Seller did not take back returns. However, I clicked on Return This Item, and seller agreed to return and refund. This could be the subject of a separate thread about how eBay doesn't work, favors buyers, etc. Recently I bought several watches from different sellers, all did not take back refunds. Watches did not work, and clicked "magic button"'. In all cases buyers did not want to take back, so I let eBay take over. Within days eBay refunded my money, AND let me keep the watches! The watches were in the +-$20.00 range. I am not sure what happens when the item is more expensive. Anyone else have this happen?
    Ebay is totally covers Buyers. But they also provide Sellers protection and basically cover the expense. Ebay makes enough to absorb a few purchases here and there. Maybe if you do it frequently enough they will treat it differently. Same with Amazon: free returns until you get an email that you no longer can renew your Prime membership.... so I would not abuse as a buyer or seller. 🙂

I don't think I've ever bought anything from the seller who doesn't accept returns. So I don't know how refunds and returns function in those cases.

Happened to me once that the buyer complained about too long shipping time, said the package was most likely lost and demanded a refund which he got, but also got the package few days later. After that I reported him to Ebay (false claim) and he returned items to me.
    I blocked him so he can no longer buy anything from me.

I think Ebay keeps the track of how many refunds you have asked.
    -- Mimi --

Quote Originally Posted by SunnyOrange View Post
    I don't think I've ever bought anything from the seller who doesn't accept returns. So I don't know how refunds and returns function in those cases.

Happened to me once that the buyer complained about too long shipping time, said the package was most likely lost and demanded a refund which he got, but also got the package few days later. After that I reported him to Ebay (false claim) and he returned items to me.
    I blocked him so he can no longer buy anything from me.

I think Ebay keeps the track of how many refunds you have asked.
    Yes, I am sure they keep track of refunds. What bothers me is that sellers make no attempt to make sure that the watch they are offering is really working! My refunds have mostly involved Slava CCCP quartz watches. They all say"needs battery", without checking if the watch will really run with a new battery, or if the contact arms are present! Not sure why so many of these Slava movements will not run with a new battery. The movements all appear to be in good condition. Anyone have any ideas?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information