Franken or not Franken? Okean on the bay
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By timanthes

Thread: Franken or not Franken? Okean on the bay

Franken or not Franken? Okean on the bay

guys, what is your take on this? eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

looks very well preserved, seller from Ukraine though, reading all this stories ...
    Last edited by curiousMan; February 28th, 2012 at 19:19.

Re: Franken or nor Franke? Okean on the bay

Not sure about the dial but the image at the case-back certainly is a modern laser engraving.

Quote Originally Posted by shadow_ru View Post
    Not sure about the dial but the image at the case-back certainly is a modern laser engraving.
    I see, thank you!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Re: Franken or not Franken? Okean on the bay

Quote Originally Posted by curiousMan View Post
    guys, what is your take on this? eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

looks very well preserved, seller from Ukraine though, reading all this stories ...
    I thought that Threads making reference to ongoing eBay auctions was not permitted. What is going on here? I have a suggestion. If a member sees an item on an ongoing eBay auction that he/she wished to comment on, franken, etc., do not show a thread or Item Number of the auction. Instead, I believe that it should be possible to COPY picture(s) without reference to the actual auction. Of course, if ANY reference to actual ongoing auction is not permitted, monitors need to delete them immediately. Just my opinion, of course!

Quote Originally Posted by art1118 View Post
    I thought that Threads making reference to ongoing eBay auctions was not permitted. What is going on here? I have a suggestion. If a member sees an item on an ongoing eBay auction that he/she wished to comment on, franken, etc., do not show a thread or Item Number of the auction. Instead, I believe that it should be possible to COPY picture(s) without reference to the actual auction. Of course, if ANY reference to actual ongoing auction is not permitted, monitors need to delete them immediately. Just my opinion, of course!
    SORRY, but I may have overstated my case against links to ongoing auction. Yes, it is permitted for discussions purposes, but I still believe that it is a bad practice. This was discussed previously on a thread about a Boctok Scuba Dude. Alerting our members to a rare or scarce watch as soon as it hits eBay is great for the seller since it encourages competition but, at the same time, may drive up the price well beyond the item's "value". Strictly from a buyer's pointof view, I am sure that most will agree that winning a rare or scarce watch at a bargain price adds significantly to the joy of owning it.

YG1

Replica dial

That point of view Art is perfectly understandable and i have agreed to honor, the price for that scuba dude skyrocketed!
    Some of the members however feel the need of a good advise by more experienced collectors before making a purchase, buying the item and waiting for like a month to arrive and then posting a thread asking questions and only after that returning it to the seller is a procedure that one might feel reluctant to follow even if it's likely to be the most prudent. I guess posting just a picture might be a better solution.
    curiousMan likes this.

well, I think talking about eBay finds purely for the educational purposes fits the goal of the forum. But I'll post pics only next time, this is not a problem

Thread Information