Franken of the week... - Page 13
Like Tree769Likes

Thread: Franken of the week...

Page 13 of 155 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 63 113 ... LastLast

Re: Franken of the week...

I would like to add this Franken:
    http://cgi.ebay.es/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

This is a Komandirskie inside of an Amphibia case. The result is beatiful, but is a franken watch IMHO

What about this beautiful Komandirskie while while you are at it?

Now the new Russian brands are being faked, too! I saw this new and inexpensive "Aviator" listed by more than one Ukrainian seller, and thought the brass skeleton hands didn't look right (among other things):

Sure enough, some of the the same sellers offer other versions of the same watch. This one has a pre-war fantasy dial:

Last edited by Mister Mike; April 14th, 2010 at 23:20.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mike View Post
    Now the new Russian brands are being faked, too! I saw this new and inexpensive "Aviator" listed by more than one Ukrainian seller, and thought the brass skeleton hands didn't look right (among other things):

Sure enough, some of the the same sellers offer other versions of the same watch. This one has a pre-war fantasy dial
    The second one is even dedicated to Mikhail Gromov, who inspired a much more worthy Poljot watch some years ago (recently reprised by Juri Levenberg, with a Citizen 8215 automatic inside).

Horrible stuff, and i wonder where they got the cases. Some of those sellers are selling them together with original watches (as seen lot of times). Some others say that they are "in good conditions"...used movements?

Oh, and i have seen a real Raketa fake - this one (sold as Raketa on Ebay.com):

It's an amazing thing though. It's a never-seen hybrid between two Raketa movements, the 2623 (24h) and the rare 2627 (automatic)...a Raketa 24H with automatic module!

At least they did something original Dial is the usual "red-star-military-airplane-with-Russian-inscriptions" stuff. Case from some IWC-"inspired" watch?

That "hybrid" movement (24H + automatic) is somehow cool though, because it was never produced in the reality. Another example of how people is silly, selling that watch as Raketa, instead of saying simply "hand-crafted watch with Raketa components" - wasted talent!
    Last edited by michele; April 15th, 2010 at 00:06.

On WUS since 2002 - Russian Watch Forum moderator from 2005 to 2012

look here...

https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=196009

strange strange....
    Phil

Quote Originally Posted by ill-phill View Post
    look here...

https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=196009

strange strange....
    Phil
    Sure it's one of the most unusual fakes ever seen in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by michele View Post
    Sure it's one of the most unusual fakes ever seen in my life.
    So much strange and unusual fake watch, that I'm beginning to think it may be a good factory movement...

Michele, you're a technician: is it so much difficult, to add an automatic module to a "normal" manual movement?
    Russian watches were designed to be maintained in the field by an agricultural worker using nothing but a hammer, a sickle, and some tractor grease... (phd)

My flickr watches: http://www.flickr.com/photos/vaurien/

Quote Originally Posted by Vaurien View Post
    So much strange and unusual fake watch, that I'm beginning to think it may be a good factory movement...

Michele, you're a technician: is it so much difficult, to add an automatic module to a "normal" manual movement?
    Usually automatic movements have extra holes in the main plate to connect the automatic module with screws.

I don't know how they connected the automatic module to the basic hand-winding module, without those holes.
    I never dismounted a Raketa 2627, so i don't know if the base plate is different in comparison with the 2623 hand-winding.

Whichever way they managed to build such a Frankensteinian movement in a watch like that, it is still vandalism to me.

By the way, I give kudos to this member who built a skeleton wrist watch using a Molnija 3603 movement:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=381040
    Last edited by Seele; April 15th, 2010 at 21:25.

I'm going to re-hijack the thread now.

These two go together, right?

Front:

Back:

I think that this is the most upsetting thing I have seen this week, the seller has ruined a PERFECTLY good Sturmie and a perfectly good Okeah dial to make a bastard-mongrel from hell.

Page 13 of 155 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 63 113 ... LastLast

Thread Information