Franken of the week... - Page 14
Like Tree769Likes

Thread: Franken of the week...

Page 14 of 155 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 64 114 ... LastLast
    Mod. Russian, China Mech. Chascomm's Avatar

Re: Franken of the week...

Quote Originally Posted by michele View Post
    Another example of how people is silly, selling that watch as Raketa, instead of saying simply "hand-crafted watch with Raketa components" - wasted talent!
    Exactly. I think that sums up the whole frankenwatch situation that is so familiar to all of us. Wasted talent.

Regarding the Poljot fakes:
    Quote Originally Posted by michele
    Horrible stuff, and i wonder where they got the cases.
    That would not be hard. Volmax are only releasing small production runs, of quantities too small for economical case production using Soviet-era technology. Whoever they buy the cases, crowns, hands etc from, will make enough to be able to sell them to Volmax at an acceptable price, and then sell off the surplus to whoever wants them. Those other customers also have access to the same Maktime movements that Volmax use.

Curiously the situation can go the other way, too. For example the first of the colourful (non cartoon) 'USSR'-marked Raketa 24 hour dials that appeared during the time when the factory seems to not have been making any complete watches. Such designs subsequently appeared on the company's own catalogue. I guess they saw a successful product built with Raketa parts and decided to order some of the same dial designs for themselves. For a while you could tell the difference between factory and external 'Raketa's because the authorised product was signed 'Made in Russia', but when they started using identical dials to the unauthorised products, it became a 'matter of opinion' as to what is a 'fake'.

Sorry for the rant, but when this forum has been accused (on a certain well-known social network) as being 'in the hands of pirates' because of discussions of this sort, it bothers me.
    Chascomm
    Moderator, Russian Watches & Chinese Mechanical Watches Forums
    (no, I am not going to list all my watches here)

I agree but maybe Raketa shouldn't have been banned, just advised to be more thoughtful in posting. I, for one, welcomed their input regarding things being discussed in the factory because there is so much smoke and mirrors going on with Vostok, Slava and the rest of the Russian factories it was good to get an inside view, however biased.
    Unless something happened I don't know about

Quote Originally Posted by robbra View Post
    I agree but maybe Raketa shouldn't have been banned, just advised to be more thoughtful in posting. I, for one, welcomed their input regarding things being discussed in the factory because there is so much smoke and mirrors going on with Vostok, Slava and the rest of the Russian factories it was good to get an inside view, however biased.
    Unless something happened I don't know about
    Raketawatches has been banned because he wrote approximately 40 copies of the same "blacklist" in 2 days.

He added the blacklist to every Raketa-related posts, even very old posts not focused on the "fakes" theme.

I have deleted the first 20 posts, writing the reason of the posts deleted, but again he began to flood the forum. This means that he don't care at all of the forum rules. He was adding other and other posts, when he was banned (for 7 days).

Now we are deciding what to do. I hope they will be more reasonable.

On WUS since 2002 - Russian Watch Forum moderator from 2005 to 2012

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I understand,michele, didn't know there were so many. I saw four or five of the posts and made a comment in another thread and with so many posts a ban of seven days seems fair and an opportunity for a rethink on their part.
    I read the comments on Facebook and thought it was over the top but do hope they return to give as some more insider information.
    :thanks

Quote Originally Posted by michele View Post
    Oh, and i have seen a real Raketa fake - this one (sold as Raketa on Ebay.com):

It's an amazing thing though. It's a never-seen hybrid between two Raketa movements, the 2623 (24h) and the rare 2627 (automatic)...a Raketa 24H with automatic module!

At least they did something original Dial is the usual "red-star-military-airplane-with-Russian-inscriptions" stuff. Case from some IWC-"inspired" watch?

That "hybrid" movement (24H + automatic) is somehow cool though, because it was never produced in the reality. Another example of how people is silly, selling that watch as Raketa, instead of saying simply "hand-crafted watch with Raketa components" - wasted talent!
    Trawling around eBay I have found another watch bearing the AK Homme name, and the case bears some resemblance to that...

(Edit: there is another one sold under the name Orkina.)

Last edited by Seele; April 17th, 2010 at 09:36.

On eBay at the moment is this fine example. I will call it the Boris 'Specnaz" Yeltsin. Built in honor of the alternate universe where Boris Yeltsin was president of just the Russian Special Forces.

im sure this is a real right-move watch

It reminds me of a monstrous pizza I had several years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Seele View Post
    It reminds me of a monstrous pizza I had several years ago.

On WUS since 2002 - Russian Watch Forum moderator from 2005 to 2012

Oh. my. god. people are bidding on it.
    mpvick likes this.

Page 14 of 155 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 64 114 ... LastLast

Thread Information