Franken of the week... - Page 155
Like Tree769Likes

Thread: Franken of the week...

Page 155 of 155 FirstFirst ... 55 105 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155
Results 1,541 to 1,546 of 1546

Re: Franken of the week...

So, a Bushwacker and a Rude boy (Skinhead?). Bet you've got stories to tell :)
    Dodgydruid likes this.

Oooo yes I was a very naughty boy back in the day, still I turned out alright with a bit o' army service and any fire left in me was put out by two amazing daughters and grandchildren and I am hoping my eldest grandson is gonna be a bit circumspect cos I don't want to be a great grandfather just yet and he's getting in the zone for noticing the girls O.o

The Specials of course were my all time favourites, they shot the video of Ghost Town all over Deptford and Bermondsey and I irritate my girls when I point out Gary Oldman's house or the bit just round the corner where Michael Caine grew up or tell tall tales of derring do in the pubs and clubs along Surrey Docks and then my girls throw stuff at me to shut me up :) My eldest I love winding her up as she was born in Watford (pub opposite the hospital was owned by a die hard Millwall bloke) and I say to her about her being a pretend Londoner and she gets right cross. She's got one of my USSR ladies Sekonda's and I suspect she might be getting the watch bug as she has six of 'em outta me. My youngest takes care of the other USSR Sekonda and she's got a couple nice pieces.

Dunno what it is with ladies watches but I have a shoe box of the damned things I pick up in broken job lots and fixed up, I tried giving them to a local food bank, local charity shop, if people visit they go away with one or two looking a little confused, all me neighbours pretend to be out if I knock on the door as when I sees them I say "hold on, got something for you" and slap a couple quartz pieces in their hands.
    979greenwich and Olciakk like this.
    Rather sad, slightly mad 3 wheel van toting cat doting ol' timer...

The franken makers aren't even trying to make it look right anymore :(

Name:  FrankenOkeah.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  129.7 KB
    Kamburov likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

No doubt that was a barn find, one lady owner, prototype owned by Mother Theresa and privately blessed by the gods and serviced by the spirits of every Rolex master watchmaker that lived and died...?

I gotta say that piece looks grim.

I suspect my Komandirskie I just got is a franken, its in an Amphibia case, it has the amphibia case back, mag shield and ringed crystal but the dial and workings of a Komandirskie albeit an unusual Komandirskie dial with the grey painted submarine below the centre. The hands are like brand new with actually very good lume but the lume dots are very poor glow. It does look actually quite a nice Kom and maybe I will unfranken it if I get a spare movement and put the Kom stuff into a proper Komandirskie case.
    Rather sad, slightly mad 3 wheel van toting cat doting ol' timer...

I'm so confused when I "like" posts in this thread
    elsoldemayo and Chascomm like this.

Quote Originally Posted by system11 View Post
    If it fits in the case that's good enough!

Attachment 14818599
    The Slava amateurs seem to take a different approach than the Raketa ones.

Name:  s-l1600.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  69.6 KB

Thread Information