Franken of the week... - Page 17
Like Tree769Likes

Thread: Franken of the week...

Page 17 of 155 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 67 117 ... LastLast

Re: Franken of the week...

My contribution to this article ; my Frankin , Amphibian Vostok, personally I like the style.

Attached Images Attached Images

Komandirskie ...Alarm? And it's Заказ, to boot!

Last edited by Mister Mike; June 11th, 2010 at 13:36.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mike View Post
    Komandirskie ...Alarm? And it's Заказ, to boot!
    I purchased one of those "Alarmskie" watches four years ago. Note the Komandirskie bezel! If i'm not wrong, they were featured even on a well-known book, but i'm not sure of that.

I discovered that the dial was made with adhesive paper, and the Komandirskie bezel was fitted on the Poljot case, making a groove on the whole circumference of the case (the bezel was working in both directions).

I have kept a pic of the watch, in loving memory . Too bad Vostok did not make something like this in the reality.

On WUS since 2002 - Russian Watch Forum moderator from 2005 to 2012

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by michele View Post
    I purchased one of those "Alarmskie" watches four years ago. Note the Komandirskie bezel! If i'm not wrong, they were featured even on a well-known book, but i'm not sure of that.

I discovered that the dial was made with adhesive paper, and the Komandirskie bezel was fitted on the Poljot case, making a groove on the whole circumference of the case (the bezel was working in both directions).

I have kept a pic of the watch, in loving memory . Too bad Vostok did not make something like this in the reality.
    So, also your Alarmskie is zakaz! what could it mean?
    Russian watches were designed to be maintained in the field by an agricultural worker using nothing but a hammer, a sickle, and some tractor grease... (phd)

My flickr watches: http://www.flickr.com/photos/vaurien/

Quote Originally Posted by Vaurien View Post
    So, also your Alarmskie is zakaz! what could it mean?
    That was made by order of some drunken Ministry of the Soviet Defense

zakaz mo stolichnaya

I found a Boctok precision "fake" watch, on the E-bay. With a paper dial. And to tell the truth this watch is not a precision, because it has got an almaz 18 j caliber.

http://cgi.ebay.de/Russian-USSR-sea-watch-VOSTOK-WOSTOK-precision-class-/360274263895?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Wristwatches&hash=ite m53e204ff57

phd

I would like to nominate this piece for Franken of the Week, or possibly Franken of the Year:

http://cgi.ebay.it/OROLOGIO-SOVIETIC...#ht_500wt_1103

Where to begin? The dial looks like a Raketa dial for those with impaired vision, but the date window is clearly intended for the wearer's friend to use (or perhaps a magnifying glass is supplied with the watch). The date is misaligned, and the day and date wheels don't seem to match in typeface. The case does not look Raketish to me, but that's OK because it says "Slava: on the dial. The hour and minute hands are Raketa, but the second hand....?

And so far, we have not even looked at the 26 Jewel movement....

This seller gets 10/10 for creativity, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by phd View Post
    I would like to nominate this piece for Franken of the Week, or possibly Franken of the Year:

http://cgi.ebay.it/OROLOGIO-SOVIETIC...#ht_500wt_1103

Where to begin? The dial looks like a Raketa dial for those with impaired vision, but the date window is clearly intended for the wearer's friend to use (or perhaps a magnifying glass is supplied with the watch). The date is misaligned, and the day and date wheels don't seem to match in typeface. The case does not look Raketish to me, but that's OK because it says "Slava: on the dial. The hour and minute hands are Raketa, but the second hand....?

And so far, we have not even looked at the 26 Jewel movement....

This seller gets 10/10 for creativity, at least.
    IMO it's not a "patchwork". Slava already produced watches like that one, with dial in Raketa style. The day indicator is misaligned, but it's a common problem on calibers 2428 and 2427. The font is the same, the tone of white on day and date is slightly different, but i have seen even NOS watches with that difference.

The case is OK, the caseback was more often seen on Slava Medical, Slava "california" with black dial and pink numbers, and some "Perestrojka" models, but i think it's OK too.

About the 26 jewels, i remember that calibers 2414 have 21 or 24 jewels, calibers 2416 have 27 or 24 jewels. Don't remember if the caliber 2428 has a different number of jewels, anyway i can't read if there is "25" or "26" on the dial.
    Last edited by michele; June 26th, 2010 at 15:15.

phd

Oh my goodness, Michele! I have clearly blundered in a major way. The fact that the watch was advertised as Raketa led me astray.... My apologies to the seller (even though he can't tell the difference between Raketa and Slava).

Michele, do you know when the "image upload" capability will be restored?

Page 17 of 155 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 67 117 ... LastLast

Thread Information