Franken of the week... - Page 23
Like Tree769Likes

Thread: Franken of the week...

Page 23 of 155 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 73 123 ... LastLast

Re: Franken of the week...

I saw the other pictures from that auction, I think it's ok.

If you look at this: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f10/ins...ver-75583.html, you can see the mounting screws for the Molnija movement is at 2 and 8 o'clock.

Here's my Zlatoust Divers for your reference.

There's 1 more on the bay with a very high BIN price as it's NOS with papers.

Parting with 30+ of my prized Soviet pieces over at sales corner.

A fan of vintage and a proud member of the Seiko Club Singapore Forum

Watch Blog - http://jiehong.org/blog

This watch is currently being listed by a Forum member (you know who, with the usual white carpet as scenario) on Ebay USA, item n:140454602933, it has already 4 bids on it, current bid is at 43.78 USD. IMHO I think this watch is a cheap fake made by the Chinese collectivity. I don`t recall VOSTOK making komandirskies with quartz movement... Or Am I wrong??
    This must be a joke, If this model existed or was supplied by the factory, it would be mechanical for sure, moreover, the caseback is snap on, similar to other Chinese fakes.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by azoria View Post
    This watch is currently being listed by a Forum member (you know who, with the usual white carpet as scenario) on Ebay USA, item n:140454602933, it has already 4 bids on it, current bid is at 43.78 USD. IMHO I think this watch is a cheap fake made by the Chinese collectivity. I don`t recall VOSTOK making komandirskies with quartz movement... Or Am I wrong??
    This must be a joke, If this model existed or was supplied by the factory, it would be mechanical for sure, moreover, the caseback is snap on, similar to other Chinese fakes.
    It is quite well known that the commemorative watches for the opening of McDonald's in Moscow were Komandirskie "homages", Vostok had nothing to do with them. I still do not know why Vostok did not say a few words regarding these when they were distributed.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

OK, After posting a real Zlatoust diver as a Franken, I'm here to redeem myself. While the following is a completely fake Vostok, someone must have liked it, as it looks like it's been worn for quite a while!

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mike View Post
    OK, After posting a real Zlatoust diver as a Franken, I'm here to redeem myself. While the following is a completely fake Vostok, someone must have liked it, as it looks like it's been worn for quite a while!

Huummm... Is it me, or do I see some similarity with the "pseudo" Macdonaldirskie???. same case type, both snap-on caseback`s, hands....
    This is hilarious!!!!

What a waste! One of the most beautiful Russian movements ever produced...

nht

Generalskie case ; Neptune bezel ; Amphibia caseback...

OKEAH Final Edition 1976-2011 Proud owner of the original watch s/n: 072/300

Quote Originally Posted by nht View Post
    Generalskie case ; Neptune bezel ; Amphibia caseback...

Courtesy of ebayer solar-city, AKA cobaltblue who happens to be a member here.

But doesn't it look good?
    That Neptune bezel is the best around and would set off any Amphibia well. I wish I could get one from Vostok.

Quote Originally Posted by robbra View Post
    But doesn't it look good?
    That Neptune bezel is the best around and would set off any Amphibia well. I wish I could get one from Vostok.
    I'm cobaltblue aka solar-city on ebay. I have to defend the watch, the dial and case are correct together, I only changed the bezel and back because they were scratched badly, so I don't think I've frankenized the watch. And like robbra says 'doesn't it look good'

Page 23 of 155 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 73 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information