Franken of the week... - Page 34
Like Tree769Likes

Thread: Franken of the week...

Page 34 of 155 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 84 134 ... LastLast

Re: Franken of the week...

On the subject of fake Strelas, I eventually found some old photos of two fake/franken 3017 chronographs I bought in 2007. At the time I knew nothing about Russian watches, although I had owned a couple of Vostok Komandirskies bought not so far from Chistopol in 1999/2000. I'm a little ashamed to say I thought they were both genuine & I wore one of them proudly for a good 6 months I apologise for the very poor photos. I didn't realise the 3017 movement in the first had such a low serial number. It's a pity it was butchered, but perhaps the original dial was a wreck. We'll never know...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Starman66 View Post
    2 hours remaining & the fake Strela is £350. Hope no-one here is bidding in the belief it's genuine. Will it top £500?
    Just pass through the GBP 400!!!! Is it the april 1st or the world is really so sick?

YG1

Quote Originally Posted by frantsous View Post
    Just pass through the GBP 400!!!! Is it the april 1st or the world is really so sick?
    Congratulations to its new owner

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by YG1 View Post
    Congratulations to its new owner
    Final price = GBP 543.71

We ve got a winner!!!! The champion of the world!
    Starman66 likes this.

The Valley of Death, but I fear no evil for I am the meanest SOB in The Valley

Quote Originally Posted by frantsous View Post
    Final price = GBP 543.71

We ve got a winner!!!! The champion of the world!
    Poor, dumb, oblivious bastadge!! That's hard to swallow...GBP 543.71
    I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said "....I drank what?"

Buyer obviously thought it was 100% original, but did no research. It's a heck of a lot of money to pay for a franken. There was plenty of time to Google Strela watches & look at photos, and of course find WUS. I wish I'd done that in 2007, but I only paid £65 & £80 for my frankens.

Quote Originally Posted by JRMTactical View Post
    Poor, dumb, oblivious bastadge!! That's hard to swallow...GBP 543.71
    Imagine how he's gonna feel, googling his newly received watch out of post-buyer curiosity...
    Lover of watches from all around the globe.

YG1

Quote Originally Posted by Oldheritage View Post
    Imagine how he's gonna feel, googling his newly received watch out of post-buyer curiosity...
    I guess buyer is aware of Russian watches, Strelas in particular and its history. Otherwise, why would he search for it on ebay.
    Anyway, if he realizes what he bought soon enough he might return a watch and get a refund.

Quote Originally Posted by YG1 View Post
    I guess buyer is aware of Russian watches, Strelas in particular and its history. Otherwise, why would he search for it on ebay.
    Anyway, if he realizes what he bought soon enough he might return a watch and get a refund.
    Looking at what he just bought-he may not be that​ aware of Russian watches after all
    Lover of watches from all around the globe.

The Valley of Death, but I fear no evil for I am the meanest SOB in The Valley

Quote Originally Posted by Oldheritage View Post
    I'd hate to be him....stumbling across this thread....get that 'sinking feeling' in the pit of your stomach. That's what eBay does to you though. I'll never forget, first time I ever heard of eBay...dial up Internet on a 56 Kbps modem. I bought a NIB Rolex Submariner from Hong Kong for $135.00 plus shipping. I was so proud!! That was like 1997......I've never seen that watch to this very day. LOL. This poor bugger is gonna get his GBP 550.00 watch, but it may as well be a Timex!
    I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said "....I drank what?"

Page 34 of 155 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 84 134 ... LastLast

Thread Information