Franken of the week... - Page 36
Like Tree769Likes

Thread: Franken of the week...

Page 36 of 155 FirstFirst ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 86 136 ... LastLast

Re: Franken of the week...

Definitively a watch from Hollywood!!!! Pasteboard dial but looks good on the screen :)

Quote Originally Posted by Topi View Post
    How's this Soviet WWII NAVY VMF Captain's Watch Chronograph | eBay for a frankenwatch? Said to be from the 40's or fifties... sure, just check the serial number in the movement. Original dial - yeah, that's it.

Topi
    This seller's eBay ID always makes me laugh. Trust?

I am entirely agree with you.

There is an other trap, some are using: selling a watch with the wrong paper and don't mention the paper but show it on picture:

Russian USSR Military chronograph Poljot navigator watch EXC+ | eBay

Name:  ht1.jpg
Views: 867
Size:  53.1 KB

So an early 3133 with the paper from a 31659.

Result = $600!!!!

An impossible to complain after as the paper is not mention on the add and the picture will disapear soon.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by frantsous View Post

There is an other trap, some are using: selling a watch with the wrong paper and don't mention the paper but show it on picture:

Name:  ht1.jpg
Views: 867
Size:  53.1 KB

Result = $600!!!!

An impossible to complain after as the paper is not mention on the add and the picture will disapear soon.
    Frankenpaper!!!

600 euros! I can't believe it!
    This model is not so rare, and the dial looks a bit too clean in comparison with the bezel and the box.

I never pay attention to papers or boxes, as it's too easy to fake them.

Result = $600!!!!

I noticed the same watch and i tought of bidding on it the price went too high for me. I noticed the wrong paper (which states that the watch has 31659 movement and was activated in 1992) but i didn't care for it because the watch itself appeared OK. Part of the appeal of the watch was due to its very low serial number - 0104. First this seemed a bit strange - i would have expected this movement number from an ОКЕАН watch. However in the guide to determining the age and originality of a 3133 chronograph, it was stated that production of the first model of the Штурманские chronograph started about at the same time as the production of the ОКЕАН chronograph so i tought that it may be OK. Everything else seemed to check too so if it had normal price (like about 200$) i would have tried to get it.

There is one suspicios ОКЕАН on the bay as of now too with a buy it now price of 695 $. It has a Р3133 stamped movement (when production of the ОКЕАН stopped in 1990) with a high serial number.

I fully agree that this Okean has been frankenised:

- The bezel is very early and has red markings, so it should come with a dial with white lume
    - the chrono hand should be orange
    - The mechanism is recent and does not feature the 2 pieces lever... so it's just impossible that it is original

On the the over side, the watch is very nice, but too expensive given it's not fully original.
    I bought my Okean from this guy, and that was ok, fully original :)
    Last edited by koutouzoff; January 10th, 2012 at 13:22.

YG1

Quote Originally Posted by frantsous View Post

Result = $600!!!!

If he actually sold it then he made a good money, considering he bought it for 120usd firsthand. Anyway... Okean I posted above sold almost immediately, no problem. What interests me is from where do these people, who buy these watches, find out about Russian watches. If from any french etc forums, then presumably they would have more knowledge and why not post a question there before bidding.

Quote Originally Posted by YG1 View Post
    Why you folks keep saying "slaughtered", "butchered" etc like those watches were in decent condition prior to the "massacring", when infact the ones that get redialed mostly have completely ruined dials, hands etc. The bad thing that these pieces are advertised as genuine and original, yes, undoubtedly.

Here's nice Okean

This one is a redial? And the back is recent as well?

phd

Thanks for the warning, [frantsous]!

Page 36 of 155 FirstFirst ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 86 136 ... LastLast

Thread Information