Franken of the week... - Page 37
Like Tree769Likes

Thread: Franken of the week...

Page 37 of 155 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 87 137 ... LastLast
    nht

Re: Franken of the week...

Quote Originally Posted by koutouzoff View Post
    This one is a redial? And the back is recent as well?
    Yes... and chromed case...

OKEAH Final Edition 1976-2011 Proud owner of the original watch s/n: 072/300

Quote Originally Posted by Topi View Post
    How's this Soviet WWII NAVY VMF Captain's Watch Chronograph | eBay for a frankenwatch? Said to be from the 40's or fifties... sure, just check the serial number in the movement. Original dial - yeah, that's it.

Topi
    I have to admit, when I first started collecting (basically in a vacuum) this type of watch was very appealing (never bought one, though, because they were pretty expensive). I think this is the group to which these pieces are marketed. So, as collecting becomes more popular there are more and more customers for these fabricators.

If the beginner sees 14 bidders on a watch, then it must be a very desirable watch (primary form of "research")! I'm gonna try to get it! I don't know what I'm doing but those 14 others do, so I'm with them!

I would also like to show you a franken that uses a modern amphibian dial. First such I've seen. The "Scuba Dude" sells:

VOSTOK Vintage KOMANDIRSKIE Soviet Officer MILITARY DIVER Watch !

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by schnurrp View Post
    I have to admit, when I first started collecting (basically in a vacuum) this type of watch was very appealing (never bought one, though, because they were pretty expensive). I think this is the group to which these pieces are marketed. So, as collecting becomes more popular there are more and more customers for these fabricators.

If the beginner sees 14 bidders on a watch, then it must be a very desirable watch (primary form of "research")! I'm gonna try to get it! I don't know what I'm doing but those 14 others do, so I'm with them!

I would also like to show you a franken that uses a modern amphibian dial. First such I've seen. The "Scuba Dude" sells:

VOSTOK Vintage KOMANDIRSKIE Soviet Officer MILITARY DIVER Watch !
    Yes, I agree, it's easy to go with others when you see plenty of people bidding on it.

Anyway, the frankened 3017 Molnija here could be a good deal for somebody for the movement only. There was a non-running 3017 movement just sold at the 'bay for over $200.

I've also noted those scuba dude dials on CCCP Vostoks. Looked a bit strange to me but I really can't tell whether they're real or not. Just started looking at the Boctok brand.

Real as in "original" or not as well as the final price - in the end it's really for the buyer to decide whether it's worth it but I don't like items being represented as something they are not.

Topi

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

vvd

one of my early activities Молния
    Attached Images Attached Images

emoscambio likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Topi View Post
    How's this Soviet WWII NAVY VMF Captain's Watch Chronograph | eBay for a frankenwatch? Said to be from the 40's or fifties... sure, just check the serial number in the movement. Original dial - yeah, that's it.

Topi
    $405 for this piece of ..... But you have the answer again: seller massacre and kill 3017 and ChK-28 because it's profitable.

Looks like a Buran and a Poljodirskie had a collission

schnurrp likes this.

I don't think you're supposed to see the winding stem THIS clearly with an original dial, are you?

the "zakaz mo" dial seems to have shrunk in the wash a bit

YG1

pgillich likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 10 ATM View Post
    I don't think you're supposed to see the winding stem THIS clearly with an original dial, are you?

the "zakaz mo" dial seems to have shrunk in the wash a bit
    A mild crown stem "skeleton" maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by 10 ATM View Post
    Looks like a Buran and a Poljodirskie had a collission

It looks like one of ruscamera's offerings. I've noticed that every time he relists something he raises the price.

Page 37 of 155 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 87 137 ... LastLast

Thread Information