Franken of the week... - Page 45
Like Tree769Likes

Thread: Franken of the week...

Page 45 of 155 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 95 145 ... LastLast

Re: Franken of the week...

I hope no-one here bought this "Rare gents vintage submarine navy Russian watch Komandirskie Vostok", which just sold on the bay for $40 I'd like to see what's inside. Fake dial, wrong hands, dodgy crown... looks like a few other fake Vostoks I've seen apart from the bezel.
    RARE GENTS Vintage Submarine Navy Russian Watch Komandirskie. Vostok 17j FAB | eBay

The Valley of Death, but I fear no evil for I am the meanest SOB in The Valley

I'm never surprised anymore....the crap that people pass off as original, and some poor guy gets a fishing weight disguised as a watch....
    I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said "....I drank what?"

phd

I'd like to nominate this one:

Russian mechanical watch RAKETA Gorbachev Soviet vintage propaganda USSR 1990 | eBay

Amongst its other problems:

Case is not from Raketa
    The inner part of the dial is made for a circular watch, but the outer part is square
    Crown is wrong
    Movement does not correspond to the claimed period of manufacture.
    "PRESIDEHT" is an interesting hybrid spelling! The dialmaker has confused his Cyrillic with his Ehglisn.

!
    Paul
    Starman66 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by phd View Post
    I'd like to nominate this one:

Russian mechanical watch RAKETA Gorbachev Soviet vintage propaganda USSR 1990 | eBay

Amongst its other problems:

Case is not from Raketa
    The inner part of the dial is made for a circular watch, but the outer part is square
    Crown is wrong
    Movement does not correspond to the claimed period of manufacture.
    "PRESIDEHT" is an interesting hybrid spelling! The dialmaker has confused his Cyrillic with his Ehglisn.

!
    Paul
    That is quite awful! Although I never knew that Gorbachev was the first 'President' of the USSR so I guess I learned something!

Just checked some of the sellers' other watches. Oh dear....

Quote Originally Posted by WelshWatchNut View Post
    Just checked some of the sellers' other watches. Oh dear....
    The same vendor has one I really want, but he won't drop the unrealistic price at all. I made 3 offers too!

Quote Originally Posted by nht View Post
    It's OK !
    NO, it is not OK to post threads to ongoing auctions. How am I going to get it cheap?

Quote Originally Posted by art1118 View Post
    NO, it is not OK to post threads to ongoing auctions. How am I going to get it cheap?
    Art, a guy with 6 total posts asked about authenticity....nht, said it was authentic. It might not be an easy thing to deal with, but whatcha gonna do, lie to the man? It's gonna happen man, it aggravates me some too, but the dude only has 6 posts....we can't 'draw & quarter' him just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by JRMTactical View Post
    Art, a guy with 6 total posts asked about authenticity....nht, said it was authentic. It might not be an easy thing to deal with, but whatcha gonna do, lie to the man? It's gonna happen man, it aggravates me some too, but the dude only has 6 posts....we can't 'draw & quarter' him just yet.
    Suggest that he educate himself by searching this Forum (especially the Franken thread), the Internet, completed sales on eBay, our favorite Russian sellers, etc. This experience will expose him to a variety of Russian watches and may lead to all kinds of interests. Got to get Newbees off on the right track.

Agree, but it's usually AFTER the fact (like above) that they gain their experience. Same thing happened with us Art, we had to find out the hard way....I'm still learning. These things here are how how we learn. i know you're upset about that Poljot, but word's gonna get out one way or another. Don't be too hard on him.

Page 45 of 155 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 95 145 ... LastLast

Thread Information