genuine vostok komandirskie ?
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: genuine vostok komandirskie ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

genuine vostok komandirskie ?

Dear people ,
    My name is Stefan krijgsman , i have been a real fan of the mo cccp watches for a while .
    I finally decided to buy one , after i found a model that i like i started biding on it,it was a genuine one.(sadly i lost)

But i still wanted one , so i started looking again and i found this one , late and night i decided to buy it.
    since it was cheap and looked original i bought it .
    but becease on the back it says ampibian i am not so sure anymore.

it looks like a real 3aka3 MO CCCP komandirskie in a with a 2409 mechanism but with a amphibian caseback that says 335 653

see the pics. (from eBay).
    Name:  wv119b.jpg
Views: 1011
Size:  126.8 KBName:  wv119f.jpg
Views: 908
Size:  107.8 KBName:  wv119e.jpg
Views: 929
Size:  121.1 KB
    since the bezel looked worn out i also bought a new authenic bezel.
    it supposed to fit a 420, 710 921 and many other , lets hope its fits :D
    Name:  bezelvostok.jpg
Views: 911
Size:  58.5 KB
    I will have to wait a few days for it to ship to my house.
    lets hope its a real watch :D
    Last edited by Stefan Krijgsman; October 3rd, 2012 at 15:55. Reason: more intel

Re: genuine vostok komandirskie ?

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan Krijgsman View Post
    Dear people ,
    My name is Stefan krijgsman , i have been a real fan of the mo cccp watches for a while .
    I finally decided to buy one , after i found a model that i like i started biding on it,it was a genuine one.(sadly i lost)

But i still wanted one , so i started looking again and i found this one , late and night i decided to buy it.
    since it was cheap and looked original i bought it .
    but becease on the back it says ampibian i am not so sure anymore.

it looks like a real 3aka3 MO CCCP komandirskie in a with a 2409 mechanism but with a amphibian caseback that says 335 653

see the pics. (from eBay).
    Name:  wv119b.jpg
Views: 1011
Size:  126.8 KBName:  wv119f.jpg
Views: 908
Size:  107.8 KBName:  wv119e.jpg
Views: 929
Size:  121.1 KB
    since the bezel looked worn out i also bought a new authenic bezel.
    it supposed to fit a 420, 710 921 and many other , lets hope its fits :D
    Name:  bezelvostok.jpg
Views: 911
Size:  58.5 KB
    I will have to wait a few days for it to ship to my house.
    lets hope its a real watch :D
    Fake dial and fake hands. Sorry!

I'm afraid schnurrp is right. If ever you spot another 3aka3 model, first thing you should look would be case, crown, hands and the dial. Compare it to other watches. If those checks out, look at the caseback. And hopefully the sellers always show the movement. If those listed items checks out, then theres a good chance that its a genuine zakaz model.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by GenkiSushi View Post
    I'm afraid schnurrp is right. If ever you spot another 3aka3 model, first thing you should look would be case, crown, hands and the dial. Compare it to other watches. If those checks out, look at the caseback. And hopefully the sellers always show the movement. If those listed items checks out, then theres a good chance that its a genuine zakaz model.
    How about this one? I think the bezel is a replacement, but it is the only one of this type I have in my collection. I am not sure of the dial, hands, etc. It has a 2409 movement though. No serial no. on Amphibia case back. Real, Franken, or something else?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by art1118 View Post
    How about this one? I think the bezel is a replacement, but it is the only one of this type I have in my collection. I am not sure of the dial, hands, etc. It has a 2409 movement though. No serial no. on Amphibia case back. Real, Franken, or something else?
    Though I'm not really an expert on this, sir. But fromwhat I've read and seen on some collectors, it might be the movement and dial was transferred to an amphibia case. And I think the movement is 2414 as it has a date function, which is the correct movement for that zakaz red star model. I hope this helps.

I'm beginning to never say "never" with Russian watches but I think it is pretty safe to say that a komandirskie dial (particularly with a date function) in an amphibian (stainless steel) body is always suspect.

The first one has a fake komandirskie dial in an amphibian body and it has fake hands that are showing up quite often. The hour hand lume is too wide and the lume dot on the second hand is too far out toward the edge and is painted black.

The second one appears to be an authentic komandirskie dial and hand set in an amphibian body. I'm saying amphibian body because it has an amphibian back, no bezel guards, but I'm too lazy to check the data base! That bezel is authentic on a large number of Vostoks so it has a chance. The movement, if it is a 2409, is correct for that body (if it's an amphibian) but incorrect for that dial since the 2409 has no date function. A very mixed up fellow!
    Last edited by schnurrp; October 3rd, 2012 at 21:17.
    Victorv likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by schnurrp View Post
    I'm beginning to never say "never" with Russian watches but I think it is pretty safe to say that a komandirskie dial (particularly with a date function) in an amphibian (stainless steel) body is always suspect.

The first one has a fake komandirskie dial in an amphibian body and it has fake hands that are showing up quite often. The hour hand lume is too wide and the lume dot on the second hand is too far out toward the edge and is painted black.

The second one appears to be an authentic komandirskie dial and hand set in an amphibian body. I'm saying amphibian body because it has an amphibian back, no bezel guards, but I'm too lazy to check the data base! That bezel is authentic on a large number of Vostoks so it has a chance. The movement, if it is a 2409, is correct for that body (if it's an amphibian) but incorrect for that dial since the 2409 has no date function. A very mixed up fellow!
    Thanks for the comments. What has me puzzled is that the case is not thick/fat like the rest of my real Amphibias. And, the shape is more like one of Michele's "octoctagonal" cases. Does this add anything to IDing it?

thanks for the info , ah wel luckly i bought it very cheap, i gues ill use it for my work :D.
    then ill buy https://forums.watchuseek.com/f29/fs-...os-751969.html. ( i assume ) its genuime since its sold here :D

Quote Originally Posted by art1118 View Post
    Thanks for the comments. What has me puzzled is that the case is not thick/fat like the rest of my real Amphibias. And, the shape is more like one of Michele's "octoctagonal" cases. Does this add anything to IDing it?
    Okay, Art, you made me go look in the database and that case shows up as "case type unknown" among the amphibia so it must be stainless steel and 2414 movement is allowed. I'm still very doubtful about whether that dial belongs. Does the date function work? If so, it's a 2414 instead of 2409.
    Last edited by schnurrp; October 3rd, 2012 at 22:57.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan Krijgsman View Post
    thanks for the info , ah wel luckly i bought it very cheap, i gues ill use it for my work :D.
    then ill buy https://forums.watchuseek.com/f29/fs-...os-751969.html. ( i assume ) its genuime since its sold here :D
    I hope it has a good movement and keeps good time, that way you can maybe find an authentic dial and hands and make a swap or you will find an authentic one that is broken and needs a movement and you can switch. If you stay at this long enough you will come to value a good "parts" watch.

That KGB "Generalskie" looks to be in very nice shape however it has a Russian "RUS" movement and it should have a "SU" movement since the dial says "made in USSR". If it was not being sold as NOS you could justify it as a repair done by the previous owner. However, a NOS should have the correct movement. On the other hand the price is decent and if you like the watch you may be able to get it down more by pointing out the movement problem. The generalskies are desirable for komandirskie collectors but I'd wait for one with an authentic movement. Much more valuable as a collector's item over the long run. A little patience at this point would be valuable.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information