--- A Guide: Buying / Modifying / Repairing VOSTOK AMPHIBIA --- - Page 23
Like Tree562Likes

Thread: --- A Guide: Buying / Modifying / Repairing VOSTOK AMPHIBIA ---

Page 23 of 42 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast

Re: --- A Guide: Buying / Modifying / Repairing VOSTOK AMPHIBIA ---

A question...
    I've got an 090 on the way with a 22xx movement in it.
    Can I replace it with a 24xx movement?
    Anything I need to be aware of...give more thought to (stem length, etc.)?
    Thanks for any information.
    Have changed several movements to a variety of cases, but first 22xx replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by BoosDaddy View Post
    A question...
    I've got an 090 on the way with a 22xx movement in it.
    Can I replace it with a 24xx movement?
    Anything I need to be aware of...give more thought to (stem length, etc.)?
    Thanks for any information.
    Have changed several movements to a variety of cases, but first 22xx replacement.
    If it is indeed a 090 case and provided its dimensions are the same as a modern 090 case, a 24xx movement will fit provided you have a suitable movement fixing ring. I have zero experience of going from a 22xx to a 24xx movement but yes, stem length must be considered, of course, and I wouldn't be surprised if you need other hands as well. Other than that I think you should be fine. Hope someone with more experience can enlighten us! Good luck!
    Never use force. Get a bigger hammer.
    ~ Ratfacedgit

Thank you:0)
    It arrived. Old 090 but with 2414 movement in very, very bad shape. Yay!!!
    Swapped out with movement, face, hands and stripped bezel I had laying around waiting for something to do.
    Now everyone is happy. But 18mm strap looks weirdly out of proportion.
    Still wondering about 24xx replacing 22xx though...may try that, but no hurry.
    Thanks again.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by BoosDaddy View Post
    Thank you:0)
    It arrived. Old 090 but with 2414 movement in very, very bad shape. Yay!!!
    Swapped out with movement, face, hands and stripped bezel I had laying around waiting for something to do.
    Now everyone is happy. But 18mm strap looks weirdly out of proportion.
    Still wondering about 24xx replacing 22xx though...may try that, but no hurry.
    Thanks again.
    FYI, an "old 090" case, if it indeed has 18mm lugs, is actually a 119 Tonneau case. The modern equivalent, the 090 - which retains the shape of the 119, has 22 mm lugs & I believe has slightly larger dimensions. Also, it is sold only with a polished or bead blasted finish rather than the radial brushing pattern of the vintage 119.
    VWatchie likes this.

Good afternoon fellow Comrades,

I am pretty much decided to get my first Vostok watch. I have never owned a russian before. :)

I just need some clarification on the seller dmit_bakh from ebay.

Any feedback from anyone who had bought from him? Are his watches authentic?

Also, most ebay sellers give one year warranty. But the scuba dude model has 10 years warranty, as far as I know.
    In the event of the wactch breaking in a couple years from now, who will provide me with the assistance? Is there any seller I can buy from to have the full 10 year warranty?

Have a great week you guys!

Good afternoon comrade watchsmith,
    Quote Originally Posted by watchsmith View Post
    I purchased two of my Amphibias new from him last year. No problems, both are working fine.

Also, most ebay sellers give one year warranty. But the scuba dude model has 10 years warranty, as far as I know.
    In the event of the wactch breaking in a couple years from now, who will provide me with the assistance? Is there any seller I can buy from to have the full 10 year warranty?

The standard warranty period is only 1 year. The "10 year" quote that you mention is the "service period" which basically means that the watch should not require any lubrication, regular servicing, etc for 10 years, it is not a warranty, so should anything happen beyond the first year of ownership the onus is on you.

24h

Great post, jsut read through all of it!
    Apart from the case with of 43mm vs 41mm, what is the difference between the 110 and 100?

I see that the 110 does not have curved lugs, are the 100s curved?
    I was set on the 110 but after reading it's not good for small wrists I'm kind of turned off by it.

Thanks!

So, finally I've finished servicing my very first Vostok 2414 in the form of this (IMO) stunning gold colored blue submarine Komandirskie which I "won" on eBay for $45 + $10 shipping from banqq2 recommended by mroatman. I should mention that the strap was not included. It really reminds me of Satunine's brass watch, and I've wanted something like that for a looong time!

Before servicing the movement it was a bit slow to start as I had to wind it quite a bit and then lightly tap it in my hand to make it tick. Now it seems much more alert, but I still need to put it on my Timegrapher to see how it's really doing (hoping for the best). As the ratfaced git says on his YouTube channel, the date complication isn't very complicated at all. As a matter of fact I was surprised how easy it was to deal with. I'd say, if you know how to service a 2409, a 2414 poses no real new challenge. A couple of things to be aware of is that the screws holding the setting lever spring (the cover over the keyless works) and the screws holding the calendar cover plate are very similar but slightly different. So, it's a good thing to take some macro images of these screws before mixing them in the same cleaning basket. Also, as mentioned in a previous post on this thread, the cannon pinion, seconds hand pinion, and hour wheel of the Vostok 2414 and the Vostok 2409 are not interchangeable.

Definitely and already a favorite in my collection!

Name:  K4.JPG
Views: 423
Size:  215.1 KB

Name:  K5.JPG
Views: 419
Size:  235.5 KB

Name:  K6.JPG
Views: 419
Size:  166.7 KB

Name:  K07.JPG
Views: 411
Size:  229.6 KB
    saturnine and Vann like this.
    Never use force. Get a bigger hammer.
    ~ Ratfacedgit

Good afternoon fellow Comrades,

I am pretty much decided to get my first Vostok watch. I have never owned a russian before. :)

Just received one from him that I'm in the process of modding. Definitely authentic Vostok but it took a LONG time to arrive to US (almost 60 days). I used him because he accepted offers below listed price but I'm not sure I'd do it again. Saving $15 off Meranom's price wasn't worth the extra 35-40 day wait to me.

Page 23 of 42 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast

Thread Information