--- A Guide: Buying / Modifying / Repairing VOSTOK AMPHIBIA --- - Page 47
Like Tree807Likes

Thread: --- A Guide: Buying / Modifying / Repairing VOSTOK AMPHIBIA ---

Page 47 of 58 FirstFirst ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... LastLast

Re: --- A Guide: Buying / Modifying / Repairing VOSTOK AMPHIBIA ---

I've been asked about Vostok winding-stem length; as far as I'm aware there are 3 different lengths for Amphibians.
    I'm not 100% sure whether they are identified by: short, medium & long and also whether Komandirskies winding stems do differ in length
    Perhaps another comrade has more on this ?

Anyway, this is the information I have. The pictures are in the sequence: short, medium & long.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by EndeavourDK View Post
    I edited the tutorial. Hope that helps
    Thanks!

Re: --- A Guide: Buying and Modifying VOSTOK AMPHIBIA ---

Sorry to tack this question on the end of this post but posting to this forum is painfully confusing. I have an old USSR Vostok Amphibia with a 2209 movement. Wondered if anyone knows what kind of lume they used back then? Plan to refurbish dial and hands but being careful in case lume is radium based. I know its been discontinued since 60's but not sure if USSR discont at same time or cont using into 70's? Any advice appreciated.
    Matt_Bored_O likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Re: --- A Guide: Buying and Modifying VOSTOK AMPHIBIA ---

Quote Originally Posted by SKNZ View Post
    Sorry to tack this question on the end of this post but posting to this forum is painfully confusing. I have an old USSR Vostok Amphibia with a 2209 movement. Wondered if anyone knows what kind of lume they used back then? Plan to refurbish dial and hands but being careful in case lume is radium based. I know its been discontinued since 60's but not sure if USSR discont at same time or cont using into 70's? Any advice appreciated.
    I known nothing about it, but perhaps the 3rd remark in this link is of any use to you
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f10/q-...14699-271.html

Otherwise, open a new thread with some clear detailed pictures of your watch / dial and ask the forum ....

Hope that helps
    Matt_Bored_O likes this.

I've been asked about Vostok winding-stem length; as far as I'm aware there are 3 different lengths for Amphibians.
    I'm not 100% sure whether they are identified by: short, medium & long and also whether Komandirskies winding stems do differ in length
    Perhaps another comrade has more on this ?

Anyway, this is the information I have. The pictures are in the sequence: short, medium & long.
    According to Meranom, a crown that fits 060 case also fits 120 case. And crown that fits 090, 100 and 110 also fits Amphibia 150 and 670 cases, and Komandirskie Classic 350, 650 and 020 cases. I have successfully interchanged crowns between 110 and 020 cases.
    Matt_Bored_O and VWatchie like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mister_p View Post
    According to Meranom, a crown that fits 060 case also fits 120 case. And crown that fits 090, 100 and 110 also fits Amphibia 150 and 670 cases, and Komandirskie Classic 350, 650 and 020 cases. I have successfully interchanged crowns between 110 and 020 cases.
    When measuring the length of the stem including the crown "compressed", than I measure from the tip of the stem to top crown;

Short: 21.3mm
    Medium: 22.03mm
    Long: 23.05mm

I'm sure that certain stems will fit other cases. However, one has to be aware that when tightening the crown and it doesn't want to go any further, did it stop due to the length of the winding stem being too long, or did the crown rubber seal bottom out on the crown tube, providing, as it supposed to be, the water-tight seal?
    Last edited by EndeavourDK; June 8th, 2019 at 12:42.

I am pleased to welcome VWatchie and EndeavourDK to this 'Guide' thread.

We are very fortunate to have them share their skills and knowledge.

There has never been a better time to be a Vostok collector.

Cheers,
    Matt
    Last edited by Matt_Bored_O; June 9th, 2019 at 03:10.

If some of the photos of a post do not display, right click on the small icon where the photo should be and choose:

'Reload Image'
    Stoppel1 likes this.

How I change a date-wheel;

Obviously, one has to remove the hands and dial, described above, in order to change the date-wheel.

Warnings:
    - The click-spring is one of the Vostok 24xx movement most notorious springs. One little mistake or a wrong move and it will fly away. Make sure your desk and floor are clean, but once the spring has flown, you have a very small chance finding it back. Also these spring aren't easy available.
    Prevention is therefor the key !!
    - Use the proper size screw-drivers, tweezers and sharpened peg-wood. Clean fingers or use finger-cots.

Picture #1;
    With the movement secured, start undoing the 3x cover-plate screws exactly in the sequence as given in the picture; 1, 2 and 3. By doing it this way, the click-spring is allowed to release its tension underneath the cover-plate, without flying away.
    Best is the remove each tiny screw directly after unscrewing and place them somewhere save.

Picture #2
    Lift the cover-plate, keeping an eye on the whereabouts of the click-spring. Remove the click-spring with great respect and place it somewhere save. Note that the spring has a longer and a shorter leg.

Picture #3
    Turn the Click slightly up, so it is out of the way when handling the date-wheel.

Picture #4
    Remove the old date wheel.

Picture #5
    Place the new date wheel, concentric so the date-wheel out-edge is nicely flush with the outer-edge of the movement.

Picture #6
    Replace the cover-plate. This time the screw sequence doens't matter. What does matter is that the date-wheel is free to rotate when placing the cover-plate and tightening the screws. Once the cover-plate is back on, check free rotation of the date-wheel and push the click back down again.

Picture #7
    Now the most tricky bit of the whole operation. Carefully place the click-spring on top of the cover-plate, long leg down, short leg on top.
    Very carefully (take your time) push the spring in the direction of the arrow and make sure that the long end drops in the hole of the cover-plate. Slowly continue until the edge of the spring slides over the edge of the cover-plate hole, as shown in Picture #8 with the arrow.

Picture #9
    Place your right hand index-finger over the edge of the hole, preventing the spring from jumping out. Manipulate with a piece of peg-wood the short leg of the spring down until it drops in the hole of the cover-plate. Make 100% sure that the short leg of the spring is well secured underneath the cover-plate before you release your right hand index finger. Failure to do so and the spring will be gone .....

Picture #10
    Everything is back in place. Check the date-wheel for rotation and observe the working of the click.
    Many many thanks! I had been looking for such a guide for quite some time; I will no wbe able to finsh a mod project started long ago.
    EndeavourDK and Matt_Bored_O like this.

Just be aware that some older date wheels are thicker than the new ones. I was swapping a movement on a cccp su2414 that needed a new mainspring and the datewheel would not swap. the old one was too thick and bound the movement up when the top plate was installed. Swapped the new date wheel back in and everything worked like butter....
    Matt_Bored_O likes this.

Page 47 of 58 FirstFirst ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... LastLast

Thread Information