--- A Guide: Buying / Modifying / Repairing VOSTOK AMPHIBIA --- - Page 49
Like Tree807Likes

Thread: --- A Guide: Buying / Modifying / Repairing VOSTOK AMPHIBIA ---

Page 49 of 58 FirstFirst ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 LastLast

Re: --- A Guide: Buying / Modifying / Repairing VOSTOK AMPHIBIA ---

Quote Originally Posted by VWatchie View Post
    1) I've seen many people ask about this kind of anti-shock spring and how to safely remove it and replace it, so your illustration is and will be much appreciated by future readers. So, just to make sure, the only difference between yours and my Vostok anti-shock spring tool is that yours uses a 3 mm in diameter peg wood stick while mine uses 2 mm and that the 1 mm hole of my tool is shallow while yours is deeper. I don't think any of this would make any difference!?

2) I look forward to marching up and down the Moscow Red Square with the crowds cheering us on!
    1) No, I don't think operationally it would make any difference (have never tried a 2mm though). A 3mm peg-wood has IMHO a bit more "beef" to it, perhaps a bit more "forgiving" when drilling the hole, but that I guess would be all. Whether the hole in my peg wood is that deep ? .... the drawing is not on scale and more for illustration purposes. Sometimes exaggerating make things a bit more clear ...

2) There are more comrades on this forum who did & do excellent work. If we were to decorate them all, before you know we have a whole Russian watch army to fill the Red Square

And yes, one can't get enough of the Monty Python nor the Muppet show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aY1r3pmW0_A
    VWatchie and Matt_Bored_O like this.

Quote Originally Posted by EndeavourDK View Post
    1) No, I don't think operationally it would make any difference (have never tried a 2mm though). A 3mm peg-wood has IMHO a bit more "beef" to it, perhaps a bit more "forgiving" when drilling the hole, but that I guess would be all. Whether the hole in my peg wood is that deep ? .... the drawing is not on scale and more for illustration purposes. Sometimes exaggerating make things a bit more clear ...

2) There are more comrades on this forum who did & do excellent work. If we were to decorate them all, before you know we have a whole Russian watch army to fill the Red Square

And yes, one can't get enough of the Monty Python nor the Muppet show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aY1r3pmW0_A
    1. Well, that's a very good point as expressed by a true engineer! I do remember it was a bit tricky to drill (by hand) with such small margins, so I do think a 3 mm in diameter peg wood stick is the better option. Anyway, if 2 mm is what you have I have proven it can be done! Ah, I misinterpreted the drawn illustration and didn't realize the hole was deep for pedagogic reasons. Well, I'm a man so I interpret everything literally, or more likely, just not smart enough.

2. Oh yes, let's not forget all wonderful contributors on this thread. Without them, I'd never been where I am today! I can't thank you all enough! Yes, one day we'll all be acclaimed and decorated on the Red Square!

Ah, the Muppet Shop!
    EndeavourDK and Matt_Bored_O like this.
    Never use force. Get a bigger hammer.
    ~ Ratfacedgit

Wow - This thread! Thank you mattbeme for the effort, so many questions answered! All in one easy space. Well done!
    VWatchie and Matt_Bored_O like this.
    Longstride.

Anonimo/Amphibia/Sinn/Kobold/O&W
    CWC/Rolex/MKII/Seiko/Fortis/Smith's

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Am I right in thinking that the 670 case is the current production version of the original Vostok 320 Amphibia, made in Soviet times late 80's early 90's....?
    Longstride.

Quote Originally Posted by longstride View Post
    Am I right in thinking that the 670 case is the current production version of the original Vostok 320 Amphibia, made in Soviet times late 80's early 90's....?
    Made this just for you

The case depth of 670 (Automatic) is 15.2 mm, and case depth for 320 (Manual) is 12.6 mm.

Name:  20190711_090231.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  1.04 MB

Awesome, Thank You! BTW Mariomart - are replacement parts easily available for the 320? How about replacement Stainless Bezels.
    mariomart likes this.
    Longstride.

Quote Originally Posted by longstride View Post
    Awesome, Thank You! BTW Mariomart - are replacement parts easily available for the 320? How about replacement Stainless Bezels.
    You're welcome.

As for replacement parts you will find that all current factory parts are interchangeable and still in production.

I installed a 2409 movement into a 020 case and the movement sits low in the watch. I used the thin Meranom case back for installing manual wind movements into amphibia cases why is it sitting low?
    Attached Images Attached Images

HOME OF THE
    SIDEWINDER

HOME OF THE CASEBACK TOOL

HOME OF THE WINDER TOOL

Sorry if this has been asked before but couldn't find anything while doing searching. But is it normal for these watches to fog up on the inside when going outside on a really hot day? Today was the first time I've worn this watch on an day that's about 90 degrees with high humidity and noticed after coming inside it fogged up. Even though it's a dive watch I still don't like getting it wet if I don't have to so was figuring it was just due to the temperature change but wanted to check and see.

Quote Originally Posted by CrownVicHorse View Post
    ... is it normal for these watches to fog up on the inside when going outside on a really hot day?

...noticed after coming inside it fogged up.
    So, this is occurring in both situations: when going outside when it's hot and humid, and occurs when going inside into an air conditioned room?

It is internal condensation and is experienced by many Vostok owners.

Most likely the air inside the watch case is too moist - contains too much water vapour.

To fix this or reduce the problem: in an air conditioned room, where the air is drier, you could unscrew the crown (if you don't have a caseback wrench to remove the back) and allow the air inside the watch to be replaced by the dry air of the room. Don't try to blow the air out of the watch with your mouth because breath contains far too much moisture. Let it sit for an hour or more and the air inside the watch should dry itself. Removing the case back is faster but requires the proper wrench.

Page 49 of 58 FirstFirst ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 LastLast

Thread Information