Help with Amphibia ID for a new guy please

Thread: Help with Amphibia ID for a new guy please

Help with Amphibia ID for a new guy please

Hello, I've been a longtime lurker here (years really) and I finally registered here because I finally feel I deserve to since I finally made a purchase ( ).

I'm just terrible at pulling the trigger on the dumbest things, but I finally purchased my first Vostok (Amphibia SE 090621S from Meranom) and it is in the process of getting here. I've looked at Amphibia's for a long time, but there were so many variations I just couldn't choose.

Well, as it figures, I found another one at the same time with a dial that I just haven't been able to get out of my head. I don't know enough about Vostok, so I could think of no better place to ask than here. I think I've seen this style of face before, but I haven't seen it enough to think that it isn't somewhat unique. It appears to be some sort of aviator style. I sort of bought the SE for a dressier watch, but I'd kind of like to get this 100 and put it on a rubber strap for a more casual watch.

Anyway, thanks for any replies on information about the dial, what its functionality might be, how common it is, etc.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by ejes; September 10th, 2014 at 04:35.

Re: Help with Amphibia ID for a new guy please

I recall seeing this dial and i believe it was described something like " racing circuit, racing stripe ", its one of the newer dials.
    Its out of stock on chistopol, NEW RUSSIAN VOSTOK AUTO AMPHIBIAN AMPHIBIA DIVER WATCH 100652 - ChistopolCity
    Last edited by dutchassasin; September 1st, 2014 at 18:54.

Quote Originally Posted by dutchassasin View Post
    I recall seeing this dial and i believe it was described something like " racing circuit, racing stripe ", its one of the newer dials.
    Its out of stock on chistopol, NEW RUSSIAN VOSTOK AUTO AMPHIBIAN AMPHIBIA DIVER WATCH 100652 - ChistopolCity

Thanks very much.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I'm intrigued by this dial as well. It certainly looks like some sort of motor racing theme, but that doesn't really fit it with the usual military image of Amphibians.

That's the 100652 "ralleye stripe" watch. They are pretty common on eBay, with buy it now prices as low as $45

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I asked this a year ago or so and have since found out it is called the rally watch face. It was not very common and now it is easily obtainable. Funny thing is, I still have not bought that one. lol

Thread Information