help: the writting on the wall (or the back of the dial)

Thread: help: the writting on the wall (or the back of the dial)

help: the writting on the wall (or the back of the dial)

I just took apart my russian WWII clock and found the following stamped on the back of the dial... That was quite unexpected. Does anyone know what these could be (especially the "5?" thing in the circle in the middle)?
    I am sure one of them is the date: 27 Jul 194? (the last digit is off the dial !!?!?!).

thanks.

All in all, the movement is dated "3-41", the case back "1941" with the logo of either 1st moscow watch factory or Zlatoust, I still don't know what that logo is. And now the dial seems to be dated too.

full size picture: http://i36.tinypic.com/1z15hd5.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: help: the writting on the wall (or the back of the dial)

Quote Originally Posted by escapement View Post
    I just took apart my russian WWII clock and found the following stamped on the back of the dial... That was quite unexpected. Does anyone know what these could be (especially the "5?" thing in the circle in the middle)?
    I am sure one of them is the date: 27 Jul 194? (the last digit is off the dial !!?!?!).

thanks.

All in all, the movement is dated "3-41", the case back "1941" with the logo of either 1st moscow watch factory or Zlatoust, I still don't know what that logo is. And now the dial seems to be dated too.

full size picture: http://i36.tinypic.com/1z15hd5.jpg
    It seems to me that the date is 27th June, 1943. The last digit is very hard to identify, but I somehow think it`s 3.

well, i ruled out the 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9... but i really don't know about the 1 (not so sure, but the stamped 1 seems very round), the 2 (looks very similar to the other 2), the 3 (not so sure also because there should be some kind of marking in the middle (the middle of the 3), and the 0 (similar to the O in the "jul" but there should be more markings...).
    so my current leader is the 2.

but any idea what the circled "5?' is? Is it 53 or 55? what does it mean?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by escapement View Post
    well, i ruled out the 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9... but i really don't know about the 1 (not so sure, but the stamped 1 seems very round), the 2 (looks very similar to the other 2), the 3 (not so sure also because there should be some kind of marking in the middle (the middle of the 3), and the 0 (similar to the O in the "jul" but there should be more markings...).
    so my current leader is the 2.

but any idea what the circled "5?' is? Is it 53 or 55? what does it mean?
    Sorry. I haven`t got even one idea what it could mean. It`s an object for further thorough examination and special investigation.

Possibly the numeral 5 followed by the letter (zed) 3 ---- dating would be correct for the 5th watch factory.
    1942-1946
    5 ? = 5. Watch Factory
    Factory 53 was a temporary watch
    factory ( branch) of the 2nd Moscow
    watch factory behind the Urals
    "Every man is my superior, in that I may learn from him."

Thread Information