I lose track some times....

Thread: I lose track some times....

I lose track some times....

As to what people have seen, or not.

Here is my BBC 31659 Sturmanskie with papers. I have other images, but none at hand.

The watch came boxed, on Poljot signed bracelet. Provenace is unquestioned, IMO, based on my source.

Most accounts say that watches were not delivered on bracelet, or band during the USSR era. Take that for what you will. This was, it seems.

Стрела

Russian Watch Forum, Rolex & Tudor Watch Forum, & Pilots’ and Military Watch Forum Moderator

Re: I lose track some times....

Quote Originally Posted by Strela
    As to what people have seen, or not.

Here is my BBC 31659 Sturmanskie with papers. I have other images, but none at hand.

The watch came boxed, on Poljot signed bracelet. Provenace is unquestioned, IMO, based on my source.

Most accounts say that watches were not delivered on bracelet, or band during the USSR era. Take that for what you will. This was, it seems.
    Hello Strela,
    A beautyfull watch,thank you.
    Regards,
    Russ Cook.
    Last edited by michele; March 11th, 2006 at 11:40.

Here is how my issued Shturmanskie came. It was used in the Czechoslovakian Airforce and saw duty in 1991 and 1992. Although the papers were lost, I’m quite confident about is provenance and source. It was also issued with a stainless steel bracelet. The owner had it put later on a leather strap.
    The weird thing is however that my bracelet lacks any markings and is different from yours.

I tend to believe that these Shturmanskies were one of the few watches which were issued with a bracelet, because the photo’s of known issued watches I have seen ( Gubarev, Akiyama, Poleshchuk, and unknown pilot) are all on a bracelet.
    I know it is guessing, but could it be that this version was a “presentation version” of the regular, plain, with rotating inner bezel-crown at 9, Shturmanskie ?

73’s

Tammo
    Last edited by _Tammo_; March 11th, 2006 at 10:23.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quite strange thing, i received exactly the same type of bracelet owned by Tammo - it was mounted on two Komandirskie.
    I own also the same type of bracelet mounted on that Sturmanskie - it's a standard Poljot bracelet with plain links. I have mounted it only on an old Poljot quartz (cal. 3056) because that bracelet has a bad tendence to move laterally on its spring bar (because the slot for the spring bar remover is too large).
    The result is that the lug risks to be scratched by the bracelet, on the side of the slot for the spring bar remover (see pic).
    The bracelet matches quite well with the Sturmanskie's design, but i have already scratched a watch in the same way.
    Attached Images Attached Images

On WUS since 2002 - Russian Watch Forum moderator from 2005 to 2012

Thread Information